Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

My FLI (Fine Line Imports) Experience (posted 02-23-2006)

Old 08-04-2006, 06:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Well JJ, it's lovely to hear that you and FLI snuggle and keep each other warm.
My father was a secret under cover operative who was trained by Kemit the Frog, to infiltrate all shallow ponds and eliminate imposter toads. Laddy F'n dah is right.
If you had read the other crap you would see that I have not flamed on people with good experiences.
This is my experience, a statement of fact, there is no BS, slander, or the like. If this troubles you, maybe you should hit up FLI. After all this is the way the handled this matter.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:03 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Assuming you're his representative, why?

I ask because I find these types of threads disturbing.
Here's why:

Customer complains to shop about poor service.
Discussions occur about remedies.
Customer is not happy about outcome.
Shop invites customer to file a complaint with the BAR.
Customer tells the world about the poor service before customer has been exonerated.

So the shop is punished in front of the world before being found guilty.

See my point?

It strikes me as odd that after almost 6 months, this situation still has not been resolved and the flaming continues.
The ball appears to be in the customer's hands.
Has the BAR been notified?
If not, why?
If yes, what did they say?

I've met all the FLI crew & do business with them.
From what I've seen, they are stand up folks.

Does this mean that FLI didn't make a mistake?
Hell, I have no idea.
We went through the whole BAR bit. I thought through it, I asked for $1842.42. This was what it cost me to get my car on the road after Steve said that they would take care of it. I didn't want everything back. I had parts, they put in time. You don't tell someone you are going to take care of it then, get pissy and decide your not, when the customers car is in pieces. My car left FLI on a flat bed with all the pieces in the back (thank god I have a wagon).
Thier offer was $900 on the condition I wasn't to contact FLI customers again. My question why wound they offer anything and attempt to silence me if they felt they did nothing wrong. Bottom line here, is thier bottom line, not the customers.
Your right, 6 months have passed and it still isn't settled. I don't know if it ever will be. Everytime this thread is bumped, (notice I did not bump it), I get a little satisfaction. Every bit of this is truth, there is no unjust flaming going on. I'm not going anywhere, neither are they. The damage has already been done to me, in thier case....
Needless to say I haven't had the best of luck with this car since it initially broke down. As a matter of fact there have been 4 motor swaps since Dec done to the car. This has cost me quite a bit of money, as you might expect. Those that I have worked with, Ed EQ Tuning, Mike and the rest of the Gruppe-s bunch, have been stand up guys. They have helped me out more that I am at will to say. I could not expect anything more from either of them. Sound advice, communication between them, making time to get it in. Hell Ed tuned my car on fathers day, Tommy slapped my car back together, the night before a race, he was there forever. This is what's it's about. Through all of this, Mike (The Reaper) has had nothing but bad news for me everytime I speak with him. Disappointing, be it as it may, I'm cool with it. He's honest, upfront, fair, trustworthy. That's how he has gotten his reputation and he lives up to it.
From what I hear from Ed, you are on a good track to building a quality reputation for yourself. Keep up the good work. Learn for those who set an example and distance yourself from those who don't.

Last edited by ipozestu; 08-04-2006 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:37 AM
VIP Member

On a side note: to the mod that edited the title and dated it, There is a date on the first post that is quite clear, I don't see the relevance in displaying the posting date. Could you please PM me with an explaination?
Thanks
Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
^ I guess since it was a long time ago, they feel a date is needed in the title. Somehow that takes some of the relevance away from it. Honestly I've never heard of FLI. I don't go to shops that I don't know. I think some of these threads are useless and some like this one show the badside of some shops. I'm seeing a trend in shops lately. Alot of bad work is being done. It's really too bad their isn't a higher standard of work within the aftermarket community. I'm scared of about half the shops in the bay area from all the bad rep I've heard about them. Hopefully some people will learn and no just try to do better, but really do better.

I've always gotten my bolt-up type of installs done at GB Motorsports. They are always willing to help, and they will take a customer back in if they have any concerns.

Well good luck with the situation. Hope everything works out for both sides!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:29 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by excel
and my dad knows karate

lahdee freakin dah

good ****ing comeback..not!..wow I cant beleive you said that, Im so ****ing scared. Omg plz dont send your dad to beat me up.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu]Well JJ, it's lovely to hear that you and FLI snuggle and keep each other warm.
My father was a secret under cover operative who was trained by Kemit the Frog, to infiltrate all shallow ponds and eliminate imposter toads. Laddy F'n dah is right.
If you had read the other crap you would see that I have not flamed on people with good experiences.
This is my experience, a statement of fact, there is no BS, slander, or the like. If this troubles you, maybe you should hit up FLI. After all this is the way the handled this matter.[/QUOTE

WOW...I dont know what to say I, except for I cant beleive you wrote that, I'am now stupid after reading that ****ing babble. Every word you mutter out of you mouth I think makes everyone stupid or just plain hate you. OMG no way your dad tranied with Kermit the frog..wow hes got to be special or somethin...wow thats just amazing. Oh and the snuggling part Im sorry I dont like to take on your ga habbits.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:42 PM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
[QUOTE=JJNorCalWRX]
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Well JJ, it's lovely to hear that you and FLI snuggle and keep each other warm.
This is my experience, a statement of fact, there is no BS, slander, or the like. If this troubles you, maybe you should hit up FLI. After all this is the way the handled this matter.[/QUOTE

WOW...I dont know what to say I, except for I cant beleive you wrote that, I'am now stupid after reading that ****ing babble. Every word you mutter out of you mouth I think makes everyone stupid or just plain hate you. OMG no way your dad tranied with Kermit the frog..wow hes got to be special or somethin...wow thats just amazing. Oh and the snuggling part Im sorry I dont like to take on your ga habbits.

I'm actually interested in what techniques Kermit the Frog tought his farther, was it Froggy Style, Ribbet Style?
Old 08-05-2006, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
Originally Posted by JJNorCalWRX
but since I am a good friend with FLI as same with my father, and this isnt a threat but my father has been a judge for the last 35 years and Im am a coast guard officer and we will both stand buy them if there is any legel issues.

again I will quote you so more people can see your stupidity

good ****ing comeback..not!..wow I cant beleive you said that, Im so ****ing scared. Omg plz dont send your dad to beat me up.

Obviously a joke to your stupid *** comment about you being in the coast guard and your dad being a judge. Hahaha and how you guys are gonna take matters into your hands like rambo and judge extreme akim
Old 08-07-2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by excel
again I will quote you so more people can see your stupidity

Obviously a joke to your stupid *** comment about you being in the coast guard and your dad being a judge. Hahaha and how you guys are gonna take matters into your hands like rambo and judge extreme akim

hahah yeah the funny thing is that we will be able to kick your dads ***.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

???????????????????????????????????

Wha?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:15 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
so your like 12yrs old?
Old 08-07-2006, 02:02 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
so your like 12yrs old?
Seriously, go hide behind daddy.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:41 PM

Car Info: 2003 White WRX Wagon
Im not going to say that you are going to sue them or create a law suite with them, but since I am a good friend with FLI as same with my father, and this isnt a threat but my father has been a judge for the last 35 years and Im am a coast guard officer and we will both stand buy them if there is any legel issues.
LOL... sorry but that was some funny s***
Old 08-08-2006, 07:38 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by WOTWRX
LOL... sorry but that was some funny s***

yeah an uneducated coast guard officer. I thought I was bad with spelling and grammar.

On that coast guard bit. Where are you stationed? What unit?

I happen to have couple buddies in the coast guard. One of which is in Cuba right now.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

OK, enough of the babble, please, on topic only.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My FLI (Fine Line Imports) Experience (posted 02-23-2006)