Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

My FLI (Fine Line Imports) Experience (posted 02-23-2006)

Old 02-24-2006, 07:36 PM

Car Info: 2002 M3
Alan I was reading ur post, the whole time wondering if u were gonna mention johns car can't wait to see how much it makes!

Haha funny thing is one of these guys will probably say something to me about staying on topic. =)
Old 02-24-2006, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Helix I will not bash on you for giving FLI props. I posted my experience and participate by answering them.

Worm... Stay on topic. Haaaaaa
Old 02-24-2006, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

BTW everyone, I am still waiting for someone to ask/comment about....
Old 02-24-2006, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by ipozestu
BTW everyone, I am still waiting for someone to ask/comment about....

...........................?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by evsoul
...........................?

I think he may be referring to his word.doc.?

To me it seems pretty thorough. (This was sent to you, or you typed it out?) I have a hunch it was sent to you though...if so...bring some one who can verify the condition maybe?

When are you supposed to pick up your ride by the way?
Best of luck bro, and sorry to hear about your experience.

Ben

Last edited by Khooda; 02-24-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

I'll say it. I am trying to work with these guys. We are currently in the process of waiting for bar to contact us both.
Thank you for the inventory Ryan.
"I have verified that these parts are in my car and they are in the labeled boxes listed above. I also verified that all the above parts and my cars condition is in the same when the car was dropped off."
I seriously need an explanation here. What is meant by this? Should I take it as written? Please explain
Old 02-25-2006, 04:27 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ipozestu
"I have verified that these parts are in my car and they are in the labeled boxes listed above. I also verified that all the above parts and my cars condition is in the same when the car was dropped off."

i am not 100% but it doesnt seem like the car is the same as how you dropped it off... did it have a motor in it when you checked it in, and does it now? im not sure.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:18 AM
VIP Member

Either they just didn't think about what they wrote or They think I'm freakin' stupid. If you ask me it's another attempt to limit thier liability. FLI is liable for the condition of the car and parts. They must sign a statement verifying all parts are there and in perfect operational condition. In thier opinion there is nothing wrong with the motor, that includes everything in the back of my car. Prior to the new shop conducting any work FLI will be the only one who have touched the motor. I guess we're back to this warranty issue once again. WHere is this declaration of warranty any way?
Old 02-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
I read it all. pheeew! It took 40 minutes.

I hope you both get good results.

gino
Old 02-25-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by SSFWRX
This my friend is why I bought a JDM longblock...I dont trust many people to do anything to my car.

On topic though....FLI treated me good when I bought a part from them, however...this situation is total BS. FLI will soon realize a happy customer tells 3 people. An angry customer tells 30. To this day I trash talk places that have done me wrong....you think people dont recount my conversation with them about how I was shafted?

For you North Bay fanboys...get over it. Just because you were treated good and had good experiences with your bolt on part doesnt mean a performance motor buildup and tune is gonna go the same way. Step out of your little box and realize you can support someone who has treated you well without looking like asshats infront of everyone else.
i can speak from personall experience as far as a build up project being done by FLI goes. First off im sorry for the trouble that this guy is having but the simple fact is that they did what he asked them to do, nothing more, nothing less. he didnt pay for a reinstall so you dont get a reinstall, simple as that. Maybe they would have been a little more willing to work with him if he wearnt so condesending and verbally violent. regaurdless of the wrong doings done by either side and the fact of the customer always being right, thier is a certain amount of professionallism a customer should display. Just because the customer is always right doesnt mean that he can talk to these guys however he wants to in thier shop. no one wants to do buisness with someone who is yelling at them and calling them liars because his project isnt moving as fast as he would like it to. This is probably the reason they want him to take his business else where. not because they cant do the job but because of his lack of professionall courtesy. again i am truly sorry for his loss and am not taking sides but i to am having a totall build up done by FLI. I had a 2.5 COBB racing motor, TGD's Injectors, Fuel rails, Exedy twin plate clutch, lightned crank pulley, one step colder plugs,catch can alchohal injection kit APS DR725 FMIC Big Fuel pump and they are now doing the finishing touches on my GT35R kit, I know where he is coming from and then some. ive dropped 23,000 dollars on my ride at thier shop. I have had ZERO problems from FLI or my set up. what it boils down to is these guys arent car gods
they are experienced profesionalls. they are honest, and will bend over backwards to help you out. but on the other hand if they think something is BS, they will make it known, regardless of the publics view of them. These guys dont NEED your business..............They VALUE it. If it sounds like im being a fan boy than so be it, but he had many options when he decided to have this project done as far as tuners go. You have Gruppe-s which i will say Mike is an Awsome tuner. you have LIC, and a few others but you chose FLI. Granted your project didnt go the way he wanted it to but they did what he paid them to do.
If your not satisfied then take your project somewhere else. Not trying to come off like a Smart a$$ honestly, im just stating the facts. i wish him all the best on his project
Old 02-25-2006, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Damn, El Jefe! I tried to read this a couple days ago before racking out, but couldn't manage to stay alert. Now that I've read everything thus far... all I can say is -- I hope this is resolved as timely as possible & that ya recoup the expenses for labor & services not completed. It sure seems like you've shown a good amount of patience through this whole ordeal.

Since it seems that FLI has supporters who we're "fan-boys," I guess I can be labeled as one of Jeff's "cronies." To set the record straight, I prefer "minion."

p.s. like FLI, I still owe ya $. doh!!! just not as much. heh heh
Old 02-25-2006, 01:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
stifever. Nice honest post. Thanks for that. No threats and bullcrap.

Glad you have had success. Lots of people have had success with FLI..that's why they are still open for business.

I have a really hard time believing that jeff yelled at anyone. Shoot I've seen people get into his face in very vocal and violent manners and he didn't even yell then. Fact I've never seen him yell at anyone...ever.

You are right that there are lots of shops out there...I myself didn't trust FLI and told him to go with LIC or Mike to begin with but he trusted LIC and went for it. He CHOSE them. If they valued him and his money at all this project would have gone much different. It's not like on thing happened and he started stomping his feet and screaming and cussing.

Fact of the matter is the flogged his car with him standing right there. Couldn't tune it. Blamed it on everything but their work when they probably should have checked EVERYTHING. nobody is perfect.

When it comes time for my 2.5 I know for damn sure they're not touching my car. I know a couple vendors that have said they're pulling business from FLI and I am very sure that quite a few potential customers will be driven away because of this issue.

Want to talk about professionalism.....FLI hasn't shown much. Call me one of Jeff's fan boys or whatever but like I said I've talked with jeff through this hole thing. He DID NOT want to post on this and didn't want to go with anyone else. He actually supported them and had confidence in them even when I didn't and it's not my car.

Glad your car has worked out.

like I said..nobody is perfect in this situation. I think they both should have come to a conclusion and parted ways but FLI's thoughts on it weren't right and jeff stood his ground. Not sure how someone can charge for work they didn't finish.

Shoot my parents just had our cabin painted. The painter said he was finished. I went up there to find the garage full of paint supplies. The inside dirty. Spilt paint everywhere. Etc. He not only didn't get paid until it was FINISHED but he lost some money because he made a mess and didn't finish when he said he would. That's business.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Shoot my parents just had our cabin painted. The painter said he was finished. I went up there to find the garage full of paint supplies. The inside dirty. Spilt paint everywhere. Etc. He not only didn't get paid until it was FINISHED but he lost some money because he made a mess and didn't finish when he said he would. That's business.

Exactly.. you dont get paid for doing your best job, you get paid because people think you are a professional and hire you because you can do a job damn close to perfect if not perfect. which is why jeff went with FLI, he expected a close to perfect job which is not even close to half ***.. you cant not finish a job and say you still wanna get paid... tell me how that makes sense at all.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
stifever. Nice honest post. Thanks for that. No threats and bullcrap.

Glad you have had success. Lots of people have had success with FLI..that's why they are still open for business.

I have a really hard time believing that jeff yelled at anyone. Shoot I've seen people get into his face in very vocal and violent manners and he didn't even yell then. Fact I've never seen him yell at anyone...ever.

You are right that there are lots of shops out there...I myself didn't trust FLI and told him to go with LIC or Mike to begin with but he trusted LIC and went for it. He CHOSE them. If they valued him and his money at all this project would have gone much different. It's not like on thing happened and he started stomping his feet and screaming and cussing.

Fact of the matter is the flogged his car with him standing right there. Couldn't tune it. Blamed it on everything but their work when they probably should have checked EVERYTHING. nobody is perfect.

When it comes time for my 2.5 I know for damn sure they're not touching my car. I know a couple vendors that have said they're pulling business from FLI and I am very sure that quite a few potential customers will be driven away because of this issue.

Want to talk about professionalism.....FLI hasn't shown much. Call me one of Jeff's fan boys or whatever but like I said I've talked with jeff through this hole thing. He DID NOT want to post on this and didn't want to go with anyone else. He actually supported them and had confidence in them even when I didn't and it's not my car.

Glad your car has worked out.

like I said..nobody is perfect in this situation. I think they both should have come to a conclusion and parted ways but FLI's thoughts on it weren't right and jeff stood his ground. Not sure how someone can charge for work they didn't finish.

i appreciate your side of the story, and appreciate that you gave an intellegent response and didnt start a Flame war. the truth is man we could sit here all day and debate this until we are blue in the face but honestly the only people that really know what went down where the people that where invovled, your friends gonna make it sound like it was 100% FLI fault and FLI will tell me that he had crap parts and the guy was a rude A$$ hole when in reallity the truth is somewhere in between there some where ha ha ha. but regaurdless of this situation FLI will still have its die hard supporters and your friend is still lucky that he doesnt have a Blown motor which would have been a lot bigger head ache
than this disagreement thats going on right now. Every shop has had something like this happen wether they want to admit it or not. And it sucks that your friend was the one it happend to but it happened. the smart move would probably be a sit down with FLI and your Friend, Some appologies need to be made on both sides, and some Ego's need to be left at the door. After all of that is through then they need to come to some way to rectify the situation. If this doesnt work then like i said before im sure thier are plenty of shops that will be more than willing to take your friends business. Again this whole thing sucks for both parties involved
and i hate hearing about this stuff, i wish your friend the best with his decision and his project.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:11 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX Sti
what shops are trust worthy?

Since there is no way in hell i'm going FLI, What shops do you guys recommend work on my subie??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My FLI (Fine Line Imports) Experience (posted 02-23-2006)