i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   Memoral day tune (thanks again Mike) (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/memoral-day-tune-thanks-again-mike-204634/)

stg2lgcy00 05-26-2009 07:37 PM

Memoral day tune (thanks again Mike)

2 Attachment(s)
About 3 weeks ago I installed a vf34 setup on my car. Then yesterday got it tuned over at GST by Mike. Car pulls wayy stronger than before, lots more fun now :evil:

91 octane tune

[ATTACH]146049[/ATTACH]

According to Mike my car probably would have made more hp if I had changed out the fuel filter prior to tuning.. but that was the one thing I forgot to do. After I left the shop I went and bought / installed a brand new fuel filter then reset the map Mike tuned for me. Should be making a few more hp after going through a couple tanks of gas from what I discussed with Mike. Nevertheless I'm really happy with the additional 50whp :D

[ATTACH]146050[/ATTACH]

[youtube]QeD3CJlSIMM[/youtube]

Wrx2fast4ufool 05-26-2009 08:14 PM

: banana : nice numbers, good work mike, clean GC!

eastbaysubaru 05-26-2009 08:27 PM

^ you mean GM ;)

And yes, very nice ride!

-Brian

A.V.E. 05-26-2009 11:28 PM

word up Jeff

glad youre happy with the new tune :)

PikkaGTR 05-26-2009 11:33 PM

wow that thing must scoot

perry753 05-27-2009 01:31 AM

nice rs :)

a bit off topic but if you drove a new WRX for 10 years, would you "lose" HP over time?

brucelee 05-27-2009 01:38 AM

Hey man, do you feel the GC chassis flex when you get on it?

I remember riding in a GC that was making about the same power you're making (250whp), and man, when he got on it I could feel the car's chassis twisting, sooo much flex it was crazy! Later he got a very basic cage installed in his car (weld in), it was only there to stiffen the chassis, so it was mainly like a crazy lower brace welded into his car. It took care of all the flex and the car felt sooooo good after. He said it handled so much better after the "cage".

Ever think of doing a re-enforcement cage? Not a full on crazy cage, but enough to stiffen the chassis so it doesn't flex at all..

brucelee 05-27-2009 01:39 AM

[QUOTE=perry753;2622038]nice rs :)

a bit off topic but if you drove a new WRX for 10 years, would you "lose" HP over time?[/QUOTE]

Yes, unless of course he up kept his car and upgraded parts as time went by. But if you just kept the car the way it was and drove it for 10 years, yes, you would lose hp.

stg2lgcy00 05-27-2009 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=brucelee;2622050]Hey man, do you feel the GC chassis flex when you get on it?

I remember riding in a GC that was making about the same power you're making (250whp), and man, when he got on it I could feel the car's chassis twisting, sooo much flex it was crazy! Later he got a very basic cage installed in his car (weld in), it was only there to stiffen the chassis, so it was mainly like a crazy lower brace welded into his car. It took care of all the flex and the car felt sooooo good after. He said it handled so much better after the "cage".

Ever think of doing a re-enforcement cage? Not a full on crazy cage, but enough to stiffen the chassis so it doesn't flex at all..[/QUOTE]

There doesn't seem to be much flex when I step on it. I already have STI engine/tranny mount combo, rear diff bushings and alk. So it stays pretty solid when going wot. Hard for me to tell if theres any flex though cause its been a few years since I drove an STI for comparison. As far as a cage, I don't have any plans for that.

03_Impreza_Al 05-27-2009 10:32 AM

Finally Jeff.

Hatteroo 05-27-2009 10:40 AM

Awesome Jeff! I had a VF34 on my old RS as well and it was nice. I do regret selling it....but I'm moving to Japan for a few years and will be getting a real GC: banana :

Gibz 05-27-2009 11:02 AM

Congrats on your tune!!

[QUOTE=Hatteroo;2622268]Awesome Jeff! I had a VF34 on my old RS as well and it was nice. I do regret selling it....but I'm moving to Japan for a few years and will be getting a real GC: banana :[/QUOTE]

wow nice! I would love to take a vacation there :) that's one of the things that will be nice for you being in the military you will get to move around and see the world. Man all the JDM goodness you get to see and buy :D I can see it now, you will have tons of friends asking you to ship them stuff :eyebrows:

ipozestu 05-27-2009 11:10 AM

Wicked cool.

stg2lgcy00 05-27-2009 02:23 PM

Did this really need to be moved? If I was gonna post here I would have gone way more in depth than this. Last time I checked GST is located in Haward which is part of the BAY AREA.