Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

mauro motorsports - i got screwed

Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
mauro motorsports - i got screwed

http://store.mauromotorsports.com/index.html

i got screwed from them, and filed a complaint with the better busines bureau

i orderd the front/rear 4pot/2pot rear conversion kits for my wrx, they sent my the fronts and instead of paying the freakin 35% restocking fee im sellin those in the classifieds, theyve been out of stock for the rears for 3 weeks so i called last week and canclled my order 7/7/06, since they they wont return my emails or pick up the phone OR return my voicemails

they owner finally gets back to me with this rude email reply, wtf?! dont buy from them and spread the word that they suck, i got screwed out of $1,000!!! it seems as if they are trying to the the rear calipers in stock asap so they can mail them to me so ill be stuck with them and have to pay the 35% restocking fee even though i CANCELLED THE ORDER,holy crap i hate my life right now

below is the reply i received:

You're the one who wanted us to charge the entire order....now we have to refund you? I don't think that's right on your part. We do not charge our customers for parts that cannot ship and you specifically ordered us to, but now you've changed your mind?

The black rear calipers are coming in tomorrow too...so now we're stuck with the order.

Anthony Mauro
MauroMotorsports Sales Manager
www.mauromotorsports.com
anthony@mauromotorsports.com
631-451-3996 - phone
631-696-5228 - fax

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shiraz Siddiqui" <thescoobymedic@hotmail.com>
To: <sales@mauromotorsports.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 6:09 PM
Subject: front/rear brake STi brake kits

hi, my name is shiraz siddiqui, a couple of weeks around i bought the front 4pot and rear 2pot caliper conversion kits for my 05 wrx, i decided to keep the fronts since you already sent them out because this way i wont have to pay the 35% restocking fee, however i called in monday to cancel my order for the rear 2pot caliper kits, i havent received my refund for the rear caliper kits yet, i tried calling this week but havent gotten confirmation that this refund has been processed, i would just like to know when i will receive my refund for the rear calipers

thanks
-shiraz
*phone number edit
*adderss edit

wow, these guys uberly suck
Old 07-13-2006, 09:58 AM

Car Info: silverthorne 2000 2.5rs
35%?? jesus christ
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
WEll, if they are a custom ordered item, I can see them wanting to charge you. As long as they state there is a 35% restocking fee openly, there isnt much you can do
Old 07-13-2006, 10:07 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
and this kids.. is why you buy from a brick and mortar shop
Old 07-13-2006, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Sorry, man I've heard some bad stuff about them from the RS25 boards. I actually bought springs from them for my 2.5RS, it took forever to get them and those guys almost never call you back when they say they will. Pretty poor service, IMO.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:12 AM

Car Info: 2.5RS
Unless this is a normally stocked part that they won't have trouble selling again quickly, this situation sounds like exactly what the restocking fee is for.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:13 AM

yeah i know about the restocking fee, hence the reason i kept the front 4pots, however these are not custom order items, this horrible store supposedly stocks them, their website says they ship out in a couple days

i need a lawer, any i-club lawyers?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
so you ordered the complete sti brake upgrade, insisted on paying before they shipped and now you've changed your mind and don't want them, but want them to return your money without any charge to you???
Old 07-13-2006, 10:15 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
thats too bad man. i ordered twice (bought springs and rsb) from them and it was ok. i guess i was lucky...
Old 07-13-2006, 10:18 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Anthony seemed cool, until he stopped responding to my emails. On the "other forum" a guy told me I could get a MRT splitter through them, to which I emailed Anthony about. He told me he could get them, and needed to find out the price. After a few weeks, and multiple emails I never got word back.

Im guessing that you paid with your credit card? Easiest thing to do now, is to file a complaint to your credit card and have them deal with it.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM

i paid with my check card...and yeah i was wondering about that...im guessin ill just call the phone number on my car on the back

maybe if i threaten him with the fact i told the better business bureau and im gonna get a lawer he'll give me my money
Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Threatening won't work, because they aren't required to refund special order items. This is standard for any dealer parts department. I would stick to trying to get a refund from them voluntarily.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:28 AM

Car Info: 2005 STI (CGM)
(repost after thread moved.....)

If you paid with a credit card, you can dispute the charge. You have up to 90 days (I think)
after you get the bill with the charge on it to dispute it with the credit card company.
This can be rather effective as the company won't get their money until the dispute is resolved. The CC company will want you to have tried to resolve the issue before they get involved. This is a good reason to pay for things with a real credit card, not one of these 'check cards'. Consumers have a lot of protection in law that applies to credit cards, but not to debit cards. I think check cards are worse than worthless, and I refuse to even have one. If someone steals my wallet, I want them to be spending the banks money, not mine.

Good luck.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
If you use your debit card as a credit card(Visa, MC, etc.) you have the same purchas protections asa "real" credit card.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by gilmore25
so you ordered the complete sti brake upgrade, insisted on paying before they shipped and now you've changed your mind and don't want them, but want them to return your money without any charge to you???
no, they ASKED me if i wanted to pay it all now or pay it in halves, i said pay it all, i didnt demand anything... they had the fronts in stock, the rears were out of stock and they had some coming in, its not a special order item, i recieved fronts, decided i didnt want the kit anymore, called them and asked what return procedures are, in the same conversation i decided to not return the front because 35% is about $240 restocking fee just on the front, the rears were not even in stock yet when i cancelled the order during this conversation, i dont think i should have to pay a restocking fee or a penalty since 1. it wasnt special order, and 2. they have a refund policy thate states ITS OK! to return items, so since i never GOT the rears, i figured just canceling my order would be best for me, then to get the rear kits and pay a freakin 35% restocking fee on those too

Search this Thread