Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Forced Performance is Selling Taiwanese turbos

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
I think 06Sti hit the nail on the head
It shouldn't be about where the darn thing is made, as long as the product does what its promised to do and perform to the customer's expectations, it's a good product.
having worked in the Electronics world for the last 7 yrs, I can relate to this since everybody loves sony, and sony HD tvs are made in Mexico, doesn't mean they are bad products with astronomical fail rates
my 2Cents
Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 AM

Smile

PikkaGTR, I totally agree with ya!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 2002
Hi,

My name is Bruce Kwartler and I am new to this board. I just purchased a 2002 WRX wagon which I love.

I have been dealing with Robert Young at FP for almost 10 years now with my DSMs. I currently have a FP 3065 turbo on my 92 Talon that has run 10.5 @ 137 mph. I have been dealing with Robert so long -- even when he was back with Texas Rebuild.

I would highly reccomend doing business with FP and Rob. I have had only good experiences with 5 or 6 different FP turbos.

I want to upgrade the turbo on my WRX -- and when I do -- I will go to FP for a 16G.

--Bruce Kwartler
www.punisher-racer.com
Old 09-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Troll

Car Info: EVO 8 RS
Originally Posted by Taiwan Turbo
lame
oh, dang! no, you're a loser. yep, I'm an ex customer-I bought nuclear weapons smuggled in through pakistan from them, and they JILTED me. Allah Akbar!

Last edited by Taiwan Turbo; 09-13-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:55 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
^^ Dude get a life.. ^^

I bet if I searched hard enough... I'd find your a pissed off x employee or a pos customer...

But I'm not a loser such as yourself and dont have time to dig up and start ****.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by sigma pi
even the mitsu dodge thing you buy the mitsu made dodge

now the n00bs get a USA built subaru
hey, I have a mitsu dodge srt4, it's a fast car! But the engine is made in Mexico, and it's the "global" turbo engine that Hyundai also sells. USA!USA!USA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...uring_Alliance

Last edited by Taiwan Turbo; 09-13-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by VRT Gump
most of the reasons parts are made over there is the price of employees.

Taiwan turbo, do you have some kind of statistics showing that FP turbos are worse now? Any evidence to support trying to turn everyone away from there turbos?

:RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: No, but I have evidence about flying twin engine airplanes into the pentagon......:RockOn - not mine:

Last edited by Taiwan Turbo; 09-13-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 02 Bugeye STI, 07 Forester XT 18GXT-R
Taiwan Turbo:
Let me just say that the few threads that you have provided as proof are hardly damning evidence that Fp is using inferior products. Of all the turbochargers they sell, some will obviously fail, its the nature of man made product, a small percentage fails. But so long as a mojority operate as intended who gives a s*$t if they come from taiwan or assembled in the us, or any other combination of origin and assembly.

So long as the product works, im taken care of if the product dosen't work, they could have chimps make them for all i care.

You sound as if you have a personal vendetta against FP. You say you dont but all this effort is intended to prove a point. I hope this thread gets deleted sometime soon.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:28 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Gay!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by EJ20PWR
Taiwan Turbo:
Let me just say that the few threads that you have provided as proof are hardly damning evidence that Fp is using inferior products. Of all the turbochargers they sell, some will obviously fail, its the nature of man made product, a small percentage fails. But so long as a mojority operate as intended who gives a s*$t if they come from taiwan or assembled in the us, or any other combination of origin and assembly.

So long as the product works, im taken care of if the product dosen't work, they could have chimps make them for all i care.

You sound as if you have a personal vendetta against FP. You say you dont but all this effort is intended to prove a point. I hope this thread gets deleted sometime soon.
yep, personal vendetta. I was a paratrooper with the 203rd airborne, in Panama, and FP damn near got me killed by a sniper when he called me "Colonel" really loud at the base...Ever since that day, I vowed to destroy them....

NO! Didn't happen!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by EJ20PWR
Taiwan Turbo:

GAH! White people don't make all the parts, so I hate the turbos. Big time!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:31 PM

:RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: :RockOn - not mine: No, but I have evidence about flying twin engine airplanes into the pentagon......:RockOn - not mine:
Now your acting like a 12YR. old .......

All if any Credibility you had seems to be gone now....you should be gone now!!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:32 PM

where's Dre???
Old 09-13-2007, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
yep, personal vendetta. I was a paratrooper with the 203rd airborne, in Panama, and FP damn near got me killed by a sniper when he called me "Colonel" really loud at the base...Ever since that day, I vowed to destroy them....

NO! Didn't happen!
hey, I have a mitsu dodge srt4, it's a fast car! But the engine is made in Mexico, and it's the "global" turbo engine that Hyundai also sells. USA!USA!USA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...uring_Alliance
oh, dang! no, you're a loser. yep, I'm an ex customer-I bought nuclear weapons smuggled in through pakistan from them, and they JILTED me. Allah Akbar!
Your profile says you're 47 years old. Was that a data entry error on your part?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:56 PM

hey, did you guys hear that the FP turbos were made in Taiwan??

Quick Reply: Forced Performance is Selling Taiwanese turbos