i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   Ecutek !!! Money well spent ? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/ecutek-money-well-spent-223759/)

irish-sti 09-26-2010 12:10 PM

Ecutek !!! Money well spent ?

Just had my sti type uk ECUTEK'D last week after fitting a turbo back system and upgrading the fuel pump to a walbro 255 lph :happy:
The car was done by JOLLY GREEN MONSTER who flew into Belfast to do a mapping session and i have to say WOW !!!!! 346BHP and the same in torque :jawdrop: running on SUL 97ron fuel (which is crap over here )
has to be the best money i have spent on the car so far :happy:
Just wondering what you guys think of ECUTEK ?

04caliwrx 09-26-2010 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=irish-sti;2945919]Just had my sti type uk ECUTEK'D last week after fitting a turbo back system and upgrading the fuel pump to a walbro 255 lph :happy:
The car was done by JOLLY GREEN MONSTER who flew into Belfast to do a mapping session and i have to say WOW !!!!! 346BHP and the same in torque :jawdrop: running on SUL 97ron fuel (which is crap over here )
has to be the best money i have spent on the car so far :happy:
Just wondering what you guys think of ECUTEK ?[/QUOTE]

works great, but cost a lot of money and is alos really old. With a opensource tune using the stock ecu, or go with a Cobb AP and have a custome map installed onto it.

but I'm sure it's nice to have a tuned STI now!! it really is a night a day difference!!

mac mac 09-29-2010 04:18 AM

hello irish sti , u a si or isdc man . im isdc and have been ecuteked . hearing great things about simon .

irish-sti 10-01-2010 02:33 PM

na bud ! do,nt really bother that much with S.I but have a few good friends on the site : banana : Simon is a total gentleman and have to say he knows his stuff :faint:
i must have a wee look at the isdc website mac

sigma pi 10-07-2010 03:32 PM

Wait simon l. formerly from prodrive?

irish-sti 10-14-2010 12:52 PM

do'nt think it is :noidea: but here's his web site so have a wee look :)
[url]www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk[/url]

sigma pi 10-14-2010 01:51 PM

crap I cant see if its simon lines or not. :(

I think any tuning is well worth the money. ECUTEK is not popular here. Cobb or opensource is more popular. Paying for the license is what killed ecutek i think, along with bigger and better stuff coming out.

ImprezaRSDriver 06-06-2011 11:27 PM

Nothing wrong with ECUTek. We are probably one of the few that still use and promote it.

Still a great piece of software and tuning option.

sybir 07-15-2011 10:38 AM

I'm still running an ECUtek tune - my setup dates from before Cobb was working on STi's. It's more about the tuner than the tool, but my car is rock-solid and I appreciate the PSI3 integrations as well.

Max Xevious 07-15-2011 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=sybir;3096894]I'm still running an ECUtek tune - my setup dates from before Cobb was working on STi's. It's more about the tuner than the tool, but my car is rock-solid and I appreciate the PSI3 integrations as well.[/QUOTE]

I thought your car was a "ticking time-bomb" tho?

FW Motorsports 07-20-2011 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=Mr. Xevious;3096895]I thought your car was a "ticking time-bomb" tho?[/QUOTE]

What ****ing arrogant mutha****a would make that claim????
:rock_dj:

BLOCK 08-04-2012 05:46 AM

Jolly green monster is Simon roe, not lines. He was in banzai with his flat 6. He remapped my classic on ecutek.well worth it from 218 bhp to 287 n 300 torque with rcm fuel pump n rcm sports cat