i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   Crucial Racing.com and their TBE (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/crucial-racing-com-their-tbe-186062/)

jinorazi 06-09-2008 01:32 PM

Crucial Racing.com and their TBE

After doing alot of research, I finally decided on giving crucialracing's turboback exhaust a try. I've talked with Jeremy of crucialracing.com multiple times asking this and that and he was able to send me replies right away so a big plus to their customer service!

I ordered it on monday, got it on friday, they shipped it with 2 lolipops for me to enjoy during install :D

fitment on my 05 sti was perfect, no issues at all. only thing i noticed is that after test driving my car, i saw smoke comming from the downpipe, i figured it was some of the coating burning off and sure enough, it stopped smoking after awhile.

i got the turboback system with high flow cat which was extra 135 which isnt bad at all. the exhaust is a bit on the loud side but it sounds amazing. had a cop sitting right next to me at the light, he didnt seem to care as i was taking off.

the same night as i was driving, the top o2 bong plug came off (was wondering what this fluttering/rattle noise was in the beginning). never crossed my mind to tighten the bolt so now i have a exhaust leak :(

anyways, i sent another email to crucialcracing about the o2 plug to tell me the bolt size or thread pattern so i can replace it. they're now sending me a new plug for free so i dont have to go find one myself :D

+1 to crucialracing

wywrx 06-09-2008 05:07 PM

I purchased and installed the Crucial Racing Turboblack exhaust and I must say that I am very impressed with it. It's a divorced wastegate setup and a full 3" pipe. I went with the non-catted model as here in WY, we don't have emissions testing. The fit and finish were top notch, which seems to be the norm from Crucial, and the install was simple. The only problem that I had was it was missing a gasket but that was FedEx's fault, not Crucial's. The performance gains from it were awesome and the sound is mean. :) I've had no official attention though my friends have all been impressed. All in all, another great product from Crucial Racing!

EQ Tuning 06-11-2008 10:29 AM

Good choice on the Crucial products! They're always top notch!

MrPrimus 06-11-2008 10:37 AM

Im on Crucials springs, and love them. Too bad the TBE wont fit my car...

+1 for Jermey

NorCalBugEye 06-11-2008 10:44 AM

Ive never really liked Brand name exhaust just because I could make my own and it does the same job...but Ive always admired Crucial's products +1 for that!

Onizuka 06-12-2008 10:17 AM

The Crucial Exhaust is awesome! I was lucky enough to get to test a few of the prototypes :D

downsti 06-13-2008 02:25 PM

yup..

Crucial Racing Stuff is def top notch. and jeremy is very good guy to deal with also

many +1 for Crucial

im rocking Crucial DP. and Crucial Pnp oem Headers hahahaha