Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Best sounding exhausts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:47 PM

Best sounding exhausts?

Let's get this discussion going I wanna hear some opinions!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:53 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by jay_wrx
Let's get this discussion going I wanna hear some opinions!
Or you could delve into the 100 other threads created with the same topic.

Just sayin welcome to i-club

Im playin with you man so dont get your feelings hurt.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
Or you could delve into the 100 other threads created with the same topic.

Just sayin welcome to i-club

Im playin with you man so dont get your feelings hurt.
best get it from someone who has that sense of humor. watch out for multi-quote and search button patrol! LOL welcome!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 PM

Or you could delve into the 100 other threads created with the same topic. Just sayin welcome to i-club Im playin with you man so dont get your feelings hurt.
Hahaha I figured I would get a response like this.

No hard feelings it was expected just wanted to see if I could get some personal responses and some ideas for myself instead of creeping other threads.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:01 PM

Car Info: a llama
I like the Borla Hush nice as subtle, my all time favorite would be the HKS Hi Power...
Old 09-30-2013, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by jay_wrx
Hahaha I figured I would get a response like this.

No hard feelings it was expected just wanted to see if I could get some personal responses and some ideas for myself instead of creeping other threads.
TBH, something like exhjaust, your best bet is to hit up some meets and hear it in person. somehwhere where it wont bother other people and just let them throttles fly! lol. but ya, exhaust sound, no real help here unless u have some in mind and ask fellow scoobs who have the system let u hear it
Old 09-30-2013, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 02RS25
TBH, something like exhjaust, your best bet is to hit up some meets and hear it in person. somehwhere where it wont bother other people and just let them throttles fly! lol. but ya, exhaust sound, no real help here unless u have some in mind and ask fellow scoobs who have the system let u hear it
Just YouTube (-: that's what I do before I decide which exhaust I really want
Old 09-30-2013, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ZombieFetuz
Just YouTube (-: that's what I do before I decide which exhaust I really want
tru this. but sometimes its even hard to get past the POS camera audio. LOL. especially us scoobs that run a deeper low tone that cameras cant always catch. just sayin'
Old 09-30-2013, 04:10 PM

tru this. but sometimes its even hard to get past the POS camera audio. LOL. especially us scoobs that run a deeper low tone that cameras cant always catch. just sayin'
I know dudes really be trying to record exhaust notes on 240p quality x_x....
Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Ok since this gained some momentum.

I dont think we even have the same generation car based on your pic, but there is a thread on NASIOC that is stickied that is exhause FAQ.

The reason I am pointing you there is that it will list them from loud to quiet.

I have been through a few different exhausts for my generation from
1. Stock liked it but no powa.
2. HKS carbon Ti = Favorite nice sound good looking but COP MAGNET!!!MELON SHOOTER.
3. Perrin twin tip = less flashy but still loud.
4. Borla Hush = the exhaust I have settled on. I love it, and it supports the power I am making. it is quiet, it is not flashy, but it really sings when I get on it.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
turbo XS catless with the RFL muffler
Old 09-30-2013, 04:23 PM

Ok since this gained some momentum. I dont think we even have the same generation car based on your pic, but there is a thread on NASIOC that is stickied that is exhause FAQ. The reason I am pointing you there is that it will list them from loud to quiet. I have been through a few different exhausts for my generation from 1. Stock liked it but no powa. 2. HKS carbon Ti = Favorite nice sound good looking but COP MAGNET!!!MELON SHOOTER. 3. Perrin twin tip = less flashy but still loud. 4. Borla Hush = the exhaust I have settled on. I love it, and it supports the power I am making. it is quiet, it is not flashy, but it really sings when I get on it. 3.
Thank you! I own a 2011 and being a younger generation I definitely don't wanna attack cops I already have a tough time doing this at stock but I'm going stage 2 soon once I get my paycheck so I need to upgrade the exhaust and downpipe.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:24 PM

Very true I've looked at so many online and it's so much different. Sadly there are no meets near me I'm located in queens New York I check all the time but I always seem to miss them or there just aren't any.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM

I drove an STI with invidia downpipe and exhaust and it sounded great just not sure if it was what I was looking for. I feel like it rumbled so close to stock i should go for something a little throatier or sharper.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Exhaust preference varies. I like a stealthy look, subtle tone at idle and low RPM and for it to open up and sound mean as all hell when I get into it and go WOT. Others like my friend Chase want it to be loud the minute the car starts up and gets louder as you step on the volume i mean gas pedal. Like suggested check youtube out (look for quality videos) and really go to some meets and ask people if they would mind starting their car so you can hear their exhaust.

Quick Reply: Best sounding exhausts?