i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   another happy eq customer (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/another-happy-eq-customer-215789/)

alwu 02-11-2010 08:44 PM

another happy eq customer

several months ago, i started a stage 2 upgrade on my wrx. after the parts were in for about a week and before my tuning appointment, my subie started to run rough and smoke a lot. so i gave eq a call to have them look into the problem.

chris f came down with his truck and trailer to pick up my car and brought it to the shop. when we got there, ed and chris d came out to check out the car. while it was still on the trailer, both chris's had the car fired up and were inspecting it. over the next few days, the eq guys dug into the problem. chris was really good about keeping me updated with their progress. in the end, the problem was rod knock. one of my rod bearings was damaged, so my subie needed a new or rebuilt block.

chris was great about answering my questions and wrote up about 4 estimates for me as i decided what i wanted to do. i didn't have the budget for one of eq's rebuilds, so i just replaced the shortblock. the eq guys took care of that and some remaining upgrades. now my subie is running and sounding great. no more smoke.

this was my first time dealing with eq tuning and these guys rock! ed, chris, and the rest of the crew were all easy to work with and very professional and knowledgable. it's also comforting to see a lot of subies there being worked on. imho, it's clear why they need to expand. a great professional staff that knows their stuff.

thanks to eq for getting my subie running again! a few hundred more break in miles and i'll be heading back up there for a tune. can't wait!

EQ Tuning 02-12-2010 01:31 PM

Thanks for the kind words Albert! You had a crappy situation but I'm happy we could get everything back in order for you.

Thanks
-- Ed

SK 03-21-2010 05:08 PM

Bummer about the initial woes, but at least you have the right people to troubleshoot & locate the source. Nothing's more annoying/frustrating than car trouble (well, aside from relationship trouble...lol).

I can't say enough good things about EQ Tuning and her staff. They really know how to treat people; let it be someone who's paying $$ on the go-fast bits or a person looking to do a minor install. I've dealt with many, and these folks just stood out. Customer service & technical know-how are their specialties. So nice to have a place like EQ Tuning to spend my hard-earned money on.

subie OCD 03-21-2010 10:11 PM

Glad to hear another good experience - stoked to have EQ around!

SK 03-22-2010 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=subie OCD;2839156]Glad to hear another good experience - stoked to have EQ around![/QUOTE]

As much grieves as I get from friends from out-of-state, we (as in Bay Area'ers) do happened to live in such a cool, and one of the most diverse & fascinating, regions of Cali.

Hate the politics, love the land.

Having service shops upon service shops to choose from is icing on the cake - and EQ is just so happens to be the cherry on top.

Agreed. I'm glad to have EQ around.