Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Alexander Subaru in Williamsport, PA

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:21 AM

Car Info: 05 Impreza STi
-----------------

--------------------------------------

Last edited by bambams247; 05-10-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 AM

Car Info: not a subie
wow, from everything I've read about dealershipsin the US, they either treat you like garbage into manipulating you to buying that day or to drive you off. I've been involved with 3 car deals in the last 3 years here in ontario canada and I can say the dealerships up here don't do that. That's mighty disgusting.

I hope you're not considering dumping subaru all together, just go to another dealership. I'm sure there's more than one in chicago.

The dealers up here in canada are absolutely pressure free, they let you come in, and test drive and don't pressure you too hard to buy. They give you a couple days before calling you back so you have time to think about what you're going to do. Sometimes they ask for deposits for testdrives or when a car is in short supply, but that's to protect their stock.

There must be regional reps to report this service to as well. If you can't go to the manager of the dealer, you can go to the regional manager or ombudsman and report the crappy service. I'm sure SoA would be very interested to know that one of their dealers is basically kicking loyal customers out the door.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:02 PM

Car Info: Jaguar XJR, VW Corrado, 911 Carrera
I would of blown them off long before you did and go to another dealer.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:58 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by 1sicwrx
I would of blown them off long before you did and go to another dealer.
I agree with 1sicwrx. You showed far more patience than most people, and I am sorry you had such a poor experience.

For your next auto purchase, I recommend to consider beginning your pricing search with each dealership's Internet and/or Fleet department. As a consumer, especially one who KNOWS exactly what he wants, this is the best method to get to the bottom line and quickly.

Of course, it helps when there are online forums like i-club and nasioc to help rate dealerships and steer you away from the really bad ones.

After hearing all the bad press about Stevens Creek Subaru, I ended going with Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City. It was 3 times as far away (still close) and I may have paid a wee bit more on my STI, but the whole process was pleasant...the bargaining was short...and even when I had a problem with my car two days after, they still took care of it even though it wasn't "under warranty".

I'm a firm believer in bringing my business to a place that prices fairly and treats customers well.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:19 AM

Car Info: 05 Impreza STi
----------------------------

Last edited by bambams247; 05-10-2007 at 11:54 AM.