i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/)
-   -   +1756 for Ed and wife and staff at EQ Tuning!!!! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/1756-ed-wife-staff-eq-tuning-203347/)

apexwagon 04-30-2009 10:25 PM

+1756 for Ed and wife and staff at EQ Tuning!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
So when i was pulling up to the shop after close to a 2 hour drive, i saw Ed and his wife fly by me into the parking lot, becasue i was obviously lost, dazed and confused.. his wife instantly jumped out of the car and greeted me welcoming me to their business, I was impressed... but it only gets better.

I walk in, and it was a hot day, i was immediately offered refreshments. I know, a car shop offering refreshments??!?!! What?? YEA thats right EQ got that sh*t DOWN. I took a peek in the shop and i was instantly impressed by that.. sti swap.. GT30r.. I thought i got in a major accident on the way up and remained in heaven.

So we stepped outside and popped the hood to check out the mods and install to make sure nothing would burst or blow up during tuning, ofcourse a scilicone hose i ghetto-rigged wasnt up to par so Adam hooked it up and worked on my blazing hot car with his cool gloves.. Thanks again for that :)

ohh a list of mods... almost forgot..

2005 WRX wagon
VF43
STi pinks
955 Walbro fp
Perrin MBCS (not preferred by EQ but what was available to me)
Ebay TMIC
Cobb APv2
Helix up
Helix dp
Borla Hush
Perrin underdrive pulley (stupid mod IMO and i have it..)
...many other things that do not pertain to the tune...

so now it was TIME!!!!

I had not yet done any pulls (took so much restraint not to before the tune!!!) so once we got to the roads in the middle of cow-pie town, he asked me to do a pull. I was like DAYUM that feels nice and ed was like ok that was at 10lbs boost.. i thought, ohh yesss what did i get myself into this time :P

after about 2 hours of pulls and tuning and chillin in the AC (so nice) Ed told me it was time to take it through the gears. I felt like a school girl on crack lol.

1st felt like it lost traction, hit 17lbs boost of 18 target!!!
2nd was too short cuz we flew thru it so fast and hit rev limiter lols
3rd stuck my head to my bucket seat
4th... im in 4th already?

we got back and i was buzzing with adrenaline and stokedness. got offered refreshments yet again, that just hits me in the right spot, i come from a family of hospitality, and to FINALLY get it in return makes me feel on top of it all. and we come back to returning customers who i think were there to chill from Nevada, and a buddy wanted something checked out. we shared experiences and i got the same respect for EQ as i did. IMPRESSIVE.

like i said +1756 because thats what it took me to get to EQ and back home ;)

But to throw it in, they deserve +100000000 to say the least.

I would drive across states to get this service and SMOOTH power band.

thank you so much Ed and Family and Staff, you guys made it all worth it. blood sweat and sleep deprovation went into this wagon, and now its inner beast is FINALLY unleashed. S4? oh that one in my rear view? bahhaha....

[ATTACH]147107[/ATTACH]

incase that turns out small
267 HP
235 ft. lb.

04caliwrx 04-30-2009 10:47 PM

do you live in Foster City?

apexwagon 04-30-2009 10:53 PM

yea man^^

Shayhan27 05-01-2009 08:14 AM

Hey congrats on the tune those are some nice numbers.

apexwagon 05-01-2009 11:26 AM

woohooo love this upgrade!!

achavez 05-01-2009 02:15 PM

nice numbers. eq ftw

mda 05-01-2009 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=Shayhan27;2599187]Hey congrats on the tune those are some nice numbers.

Just a little tip you may want to edit this part.

1st felt like it lost traction, hit 17lbs boost of 18 target!!!
2nd was too short cuz we flew thru it so fast and hit rev limiter lols
3rd stuck my head to my bucket seat
4th... im in 4th already? [B]too fast on these skinny roads 100+[/B]

Particularly the part about the speeds on skinny roads. Those kind of things can get people into trouble. I mean imagine the liability the shop would have if you were to get into an accident.

Just an FYI great write up though.[/QUOTE]

hmmm...

subie OCD 05-03-2009 10:35 AM

Nice, those 2.0L motors can pull off some great HP curves with the right turbo and tune.

Have fun :)

apexwagon 05-03-2009 11:11 AM

thank you!! i love the feeling of getting on the freeway

EQ Tuning 05-04-2009 09:13 AM

Hey Mike. Thanks for the nice review. We always try to treat people the way we would like to be treated. It's nice to know that our hospitality is appreciated :). Enjoy your new tune and we hope to see you at the shop again.

BTW. What's the 1756 about?

Thanks
-- Ed

apexwagon 05-04-2009 11:57 AM

1756 is what an excel spread sheet read at the bottom right corner :p

crfsti 05-04-2009 04:42 PM

Good to meet you Mike, thanks for the nice write-up!
________
[URL="http://www.****tube.com/categories/267/tight/videos/1"]Big Dick Tight[/URL]

EQ Tuning 05-06-2009 11:44 AM

Thanks for the nice write-up Mike! We always try to treat our customers as well as possible and provide a friendly, welcoming space for you guys to hang out. I'm happy to see that its being appreciated :)

Thanks
-- Ed

leftcoast_650 05-13-2009 12:04 AM

and you still have not given me a ride, mike!