Used Aftermarket Car Parts For Sale Only second hand aftermarket car parts can be listed here by private parties only!

SZ55 plus all the options...less than 1000 miles driven

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:16 AM

Car Info: 05 GT30R STi
SZ55 plus all the options...less than 1000 miles driven

I have a Deadbolt SZ55 turbo for sale. It comes with the Fatboy housing for increased flow and comes internal or external wastegate. How is this done? I asked for an EWG setup and Jerry offered me a bracket that locks the internally wastegated turbo shut. Advantage is getting best of both worlds. If you wanted to run an IWG setup you can replace the bracket with a boost actuator. If you wanted to go EWG just use the bracket!

This turbo has less than 1000 miles on it since its not my daily driver; more of a hobby to tinker with and tuned by Harman Motive. I got about 360 to the wheels with its minimal supporting mods on a very conservative tune running 91 octane. With 93 it should be much better. Correct me if I'm wrong, Deadbolt offers free rebuilds FOR LIFE even if its resold. This is confirmed by Jerry as long as its shipped to Deadbolt first to be primed then Deadbolt will record the change of ownership and ship it straight to the new owner along with its rebuild warranty. Win-win!

This turbo retails for $1995.00 + s/h. Plus, I didn't cut any corners with this turbo and even paid for all the options like ceramic coating the turbine as well as exhaust housing (Black Xtreme by Deadbolt) for faster spool so I'm taking a big hit to just get this sold to recoup my funds for my upcoming setup. I'll also include an upgraded stainless steel braided oil feed line with blue AN fitting too!

With all the extras included I'm asking $1300 for a turbo with very very minimal use.

Sorry for the pic...this is the only one I have with it installed. Its under the stock heatshield and the Cusco heatshield so I don't want to go through the hassle of taking both heatshields off for a picture. This is basically a brand new top-of-the-line SZ55 turbo at a fraction of its retail cost.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:04 AM

to the top!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
hey your engine bay looks like like mine. How did you get your cusco heatshield to fit on top of your turbo? did you cut it? I'm installing my 20g soon and I want to keep my cusco heatshield did you cut it? If you did where did you cut it? Oh I also have the same titanium cusco strut bar very fancy!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:54 PM

Harman Motive helped me cut the stock heatshield. Once its cut the cusco HS easily bolts right up. Both heatshields could also be heat treated in some manner as well to keep temp down.