Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Wounded Soldier: Military Wants Part Of Bonus Back

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Wounded Soldier: Military Wants Part Of Bonus Back

Wow.

The U.S. Military is demanding that thousands of wounded service personnel give back signing bonuses because they are unable to serve out their commitments.

To get people to sign up, the military gives enlistment bonuses up to $30,000 in some cases.

Now men and women who have lost arms, legs, eyesight, hearing and can no longer serve are being ordered to pay some of that money back.

One of them is Jordan Fox, a young soldier from the South Hills...seriously injured when a roadside bomb blew up his vehicle. ... His back was injured and lost all vision in his right eye.

... His injuries prohibited him from fulfilling three months of his commitment. A few days ago, he received a letter from the military demanding nearly $3,000 of his signing bonus back.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
WTF!!! that is b.s..... if it wasnt for the war he would still have vision in his right eye... i think he should get more money instead of pay back money... that is total bs..
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
**** YOU GEORGE BUSH
Thats All
Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
wow, isn't a signing bonus a bonus for signing up? wouldn't not being able to fulfill their service (for whatever reason) fall under their salary pay?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
that's horriffic.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:04 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Lightbulb

Man. No mater how you play it this war is just F***ed up.

If you want the kids home, your 'unpatriotic' and if they get wounded for their country they are backing out of their commitment to serve and should cough up money they earned every penny of.

I think it's time for a draft again with NO deferments ~ that means senator's, CEO's and scholar's kids ALL have to serve! Then let's see how eager we are to deploy!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
This is DISGUSTING.

You'd think they'd learn from their mistakes on taking better care of our Veterans. The military has no problem pissing billions on a scraped helicopter.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Red face

Originally Posted by Salty
This is DISGUSTING.

You'd think they'd learn from their mistakes on taking better care of our Veterans. The military has no problem pissing billions on a scraped helicopter.
^^^^^ ^^^^^
Old 11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
THe Pentagon is way off base. This is the way that is has been done for quite some time. C'mon already.

I also heard that CA is the only state in the union that is not offering National Gaurdsmen tuition. They claim that this should be a federal issue. This was a federal war and it's their problem. It' estimated the 3 million dollars would be enough to provide tuition for appx. 20,000 gaurdsmen. CA has a budget worth billions. I don't think it is too much to ask, seeing as how the NG in CA is called upon to provide support for fires, border patrol, relief effort for natural disasters, ect.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 PM

This really really really really sucks major *****. WTF is going on?! Where are the marches that use to happen? The general US populace needs to grow some *****. Even if you are against the war no way you could ever agree to this ****. ****ing pathetic.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Unregistered

This really really really really sucks major *****. WTF is going on?! Where are the marches that use to happen? The general US populace needs to grow some *****. Even if you are against the war no way you could ever agree to this ****. ****ing pathetic.
I think the reason people aren't protesting these things like they used to lays within the culture. People tend to isolate themselves more now than they did in the past, leading to an "it doesn't effect (affect?) me so why should I care?" attitude.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:33 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
if anything they should be getting an "injury bonus"
Old 11-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I think the reason people aren't protesting these things like they used to lays within the culture. People tend to isolate themselves more now than they did in the past, leading to an "it doesn't effect (affect?) me so why should I care?" attitude.
You make a very good point. I wonder what it would take for this to change? Everyone always says support the troops and stuff but when stuff like this happens why don't I see them protesting? Makes me really sad.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by spedmunki
if anything they should be getting an "injury bonus"
+54321xbillion
Old 11-23-2007, 08:37 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Being a disabled vet myself, this really sucks.
I've already fired off letters to my two "wonderful" senators.
Doubt they'll do anything.

Quick Reply: Wounded Soldier: Military Wants Part Of Bonus Back