i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   is white pride racist? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/white-pride-racist-207967/)

VRT Gump 08-03-2009 09:21 AM

is white pride racist?

I got this as an email today and found it very very true. your thoughts please.

"WHITE" Pride"

This is great. I have been wondering about why Whites are racists, and no other race is......
Error! Filename not specified.
Proud to be White

Michael Richards makes his point...............
Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points...

Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' '*******,' '******,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Towel head, Sand-******, Camel Jockey, ******, Gook, or ***** .. You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you.... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists..

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wo nder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.

In th e Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud .... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this e-mail.. Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on. I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves!

BE PROUD TO BE WHITE!

It's not a crime YET.... but getting very close!

It is estimated that ONLY 5% of those reaching this point in this e-mail, will pass it on.

I am proud to certainly pass it on!

splinter 08-03-2009 09:48 AM

couldnt agree more! and have been saying similar forever!

R-Dub 08-03-2009 09:49 AM

Unfortunately for whites - our ancestors messed it up so bad that no, we cannot be proud.

I find the whole mentality behind race to be completely ignorant. You did not choose your race and your race does not make you who you are - only you do.

I'm white. Yippee. It has not done me any favors - I still get tickets, I still get taxed, I still make **** money and I don't get any special treatment anywhere.

My heritage and my genes only make up this body; not the person I am.

People who hide behind race are typically too weak willed and minded to have established their own identity, so they cling to the one thing that was given to them by nature and assimilate themselves into a massive social group that share one common thread of genetics.

End races. End racism. Simple as that.

stupidchicken03 08-03-2009 09:52 AM

i see

splinter 08-03-2009 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=R-Dub;2680673]Unfortunately for whites - our ancestors messed it up so bad that no, we cannot be proud.

I find the whole mentality behind race to be completely ignorant. You did not choose your race and your race does not make you who you are - only you do.

I'm white. Yippee. It has not done me any favors - I still get tickets, I still get taxed, I still make **** money and I don't get any special treatment anywhere.

People who hide behind race are typically too weak willed and minded to have established their own identity, so they cling to the one thing that was given to them by nature and assimilate themselves into a massive social group that share one common thread of genetics.

End races. End racism. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

hmmm well put...wish it was as simple as that though

Salty 08-03-2009 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=R-Dub;2680673]Unfortunately for whites - our ancestors messed it up so bad that no, we cannot be proud.[/QUOTE]

This is a stupid point to me. Africa is so unstable its hard to keep track of it all. Why is being African American so special then? Just wait until whites are the minority. It's close and damn near reality in some parts of the US.

joltdudeuc 08-03-2009 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=R-Dub;2680673]Unfortunately for whites - our ancestors messed it up so bad that no, we cannot be proud.

End races. End racism. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]
Yup.

When we learn to embrace our ancestry and respect others ancestrys, this will all end. When you identify yourself as a color, or nationality, when you separate yourself, declare yourself... you are creating racial tension.

To truly unite, you have to drop the declaration of the difference.

VRT Gump 08-03-2009 10:03 AM

next time i take a test, ill put the following for race:

human

stupidchicken03 08-03-2009 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=VRT Gump;2680694]next time i take a test, ill put the following for race:

human[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

joltdudeuc 08-03-2009 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=Salty;2680682]This is a stupid point to me. Africa is so unstable its hard to keep track of it all. Why is being African American so special then? Just wait until whites are the minority. It's close and damn near reality in some parts of the US.[/QUOTE]
most blacks don't know where they are from. Due to slavery they can't easily trace back which country they came from. That's the fault of the slave owners or slave traders.

So, they are trying to embrace the continent. Difference is this though... There are MANY whites who also don't know where they are from. They can't trace back far enough. Why aren't they going into some crazy Euro pride stuff?

Why can't we just be American? Maybe it's because many people associate being american with being white. Why is that? Maybe it's cause whites have assimilated sooner, cutting ties to europe much sooner.

Either way, there is no easy end to this, other than just giving up ego and pride, and just being american.

sigma pi 08-03-2009 10:36 AM

WET = ABC CBS ect

columbus day

most of history is white history (majority of the figures are white)

gook ****** ect ect is what white poeple call them to put them down

whites have been in power so what are they suppose to be called to be derrogitory? master? come on

with that said i partly agree with the article

sigma pi 08-03-2009 10:37 AM

btw this is bs

[url]http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proudwhite.asp[/url]

04caliwrx 08-03-2009 10:39 AM

Good read, lots of true stuff...

FW Motorsports 08-03-2009 10:39 AM

Not everyone is equal, nor should everyone be treated equal.

R-Dub 08-03-2009 10:46 AM

"African American". This moniker makes me giggle every time.

Black people hate this term. 90% of the time is misused. To be "African American" you have to have been born in Africa then emigrate to America. If you were born her - you are American; and if you were born here and black - that makes you a black American. There's no offensiveness to it; just as there is none in calling me white.