Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

What do you do with that much money????

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
What do you do with that much money????

Seriously.

The Yankees have the 4 top paid guys in baseball. Contracts for those four guys...

275 million, 189 million, 180 million and 161 million. Then toss Giambi out there for $120 million. That's 5 guys on one team with a total contract value of 925 million dollars. Figure the rest of the team makes up the rest... That's a ONE BILLION DOLLAR TEAM.

Salary cap my ***.

I can not believe how much money entertainers make. Athletes making $50 million and up a year with endorsements. Movie starts making $30 million a movie... I mean we're talking $100 million a year for a lot of these people. Politicians working the systems for high 6 figure salaries. CEO's making $100 million a year. I saw a guy that made something like $21 million dollars for 17 days of work because of the corporate bail outs.

Yet this country is in a recession. Education programs are being cut. Teachers make $35k a year. Hell BART train drivers make twice that.

This country is in for a big eye openner when it realizes that all of the wealth is in very few hands, there's no middle class and the lower class is paying the taxes to keep the country a float while struggling to buy diapers and toilet paper. Meanwhile some douche can spend a million dollars on a toilet and feel sorry for themselves or celebrate the $100,000 they gave to charity that they get to tax deduct.

Guess no one learns from history. Fall of the Roman empire hear we come.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
qft
Old 12-23-2008, 03:17 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
qft
you didnt quote

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT
Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 PM
General Pimpin'

no more giambi but they did pick up a couple other guys.

I'd be curious to see how close they are to being the first billion dollar baseball team in history... hell sports team.

Tex... $180 for 8 years. That's an average of basically $22+ million a year.

MJ... $93 million for his ENTIRE career and that's only cause he maid $63 million in 96-98.

His highest paid years were in the $4million range and that was less than 15 years ago when he was hands down the best in the nba and the best ever winning consecutive championships and making an all star forward into a hall of fame forward.

Michael friggin Jordan man. Making what... average salary in baseball today.

And we wonder why guys take every edge they can get to get themselves in to that top 5%.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:41 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
As long as people keep going to baseball games and buying the jerseys, they are feeding the monster.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
no more giambi but they did pick up a couple other guys.

I'd be curious to see how close they are to being the first billion dollar baseball team in history... hell sports team.

Tex... $180 for 8 years. That's an average of basically $22+ million a year.

MJ... $93 million for his ENTIRE career and that's only cause he maid $63 million in 96-98.

His highest paid years were in the $4million range and that was less than 15 years ago when he was hands down the best in the nba and the best ever winning consecutive championships and making an all star forward into a hall of fame forward.

Michael friggin Jordan man. Making what... average salary in baseball today.

And we wonder why guys take every edge they can get to get themselves in to that top 5%.
Do they deserve it? I dunno, I don't think so. I think there are some who def do in pro sports, but most probably don't.

Look at auto racing. Most drivers make like 5 digits in a year, if even that. top 1/4 in the US make 6 figures, and some maybe, maybe a million a year.

Now look at F1... Michael Schumacher made, in the last 4 years of F1 $280 Million. Granted, he's got a mind blowing 7 championships, but he made $100million in his last year in F1 where he did not win a championship. Kimi Raikonen was signed on to Ferrari for 50mill in 07 and looked to be 52mil in 08.

That's... just... insane...

Now, how many people could swing a bat, shoot a jumper or run the 40 as fast as a pro athelete, probably a good amount of folks out there, maybe hundreds, could be thousands, who are not in pro sports.

How many can clock up to 5g's of force in curves in 850hp F1 machines for 2 hrs... probably only a few in the world could handle that kind of stress.

Now, I'm not saying these guys deserve the money they get, but I can see why they get paid so much. Pro american athletes today, i don't really see it. it's all about the revenue generation, and for that you don't need bad *** athletes, you just need an icon, a star. These guys aren't any better than MJ or some other players, but they get paid way, way more.

I'd say the MJ worked hard for the love of the game, and if he wanted huge amounts of money back then, they'd have given it to him. his average was about 33million i once read. That's a "modest" amount for a player who is the greatest and brought so many rings to that team. It pails in comparison to much less worthy players today and how much they make.

Last edited by joltdudeuc; 12-24-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I'd buy a small country and name it Edville.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com

hahahahahaha
Old 12-24-2008, 04:06 PM

Car Info: toaster
At least MJ is still makin $ off of other things like his shoe line most notably.....
Old 12-24-2008, 04:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by gottaWRX
At least MJ is still makin $ off of other things like his shoe line most notably.....
smart dude.

Gagan... where'd you see that average? He never made more than $4 million in a year minus 96-97 and 97-97 where he made $30m and 33m. And I'd say played pretty well. haaa.

Endorsements he made a fortune and he had enough business sense to get involved in other longer lasting avenues.

Curious note... in 95-96 season he made $3.85 million. The bulls went 72-10. Currently the best season ever I believe (celtics might beat it this year). They won the championship. He was an all star. MVP. All star game MVP. All NBA and All NBA defensive. Averaged 31 a game in the post season. 30 on the season.

other player salaries in the same season...
Ewing. 18.7m
Drexler. 9.8
Robinson. 7.7
Shaq. 5.7

Quite a few others got paid more than jordan. At least 10 guys.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:57 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
you guys have really strong opinions...you have my vote for president onemanarmy..
Old 12-24-2008, 05:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Haaa.

if I were president....

hmmmm. I think I'd be assassinated after I made my opening speech wondering what reverse racism is and why its o.k. to have all black this all black that, funds for only this group of people or that but not o.k. for all white versions of the same. Then proceeded to create huge luxury taxes for anyone making over $500,000 a year. Followed up with a calls to all the countries that owe us money saying pay up or get nuked....

and a call to China saying buy our **** or we'll embargo your ***.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
Fortunately, you are not president !!!

Last edited by chinabox; 12-25-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:13 PM
General Pimpin'

wtf are you talking about... is that even english?????
Old 12-25-2008, 11:15 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
Originally Posted by chinabox
Fortunately, you are not president !!!

sorry,my english is bad,so bad
Maybe we should talk with Chinese,my Chinese is Perfect

Quick Reply: What do you do with that much money????