i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Well tomorrow is voting day.... So here is a video (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/well-tomorrow-voting-day-so-here-video-149603/)

GT35 STI 11-06-2006 09:31 AM

Well tomorrow is voting day.... So here is a video

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkiAMhGMBz0&eurl=[/url]

:ywia:

SilverScoober02 11-06-2006 11:21 AM

That is funny stuff....

jvick125 11-06-2006 05:12 PM

Good ol' Maher, never fails to bring a laugh from his stupidity.

SilverScoober02 11-06-2006 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=jvick125]Good ol' Maher, never fails to bring a laugh from his stupidity.[/QUOTE]

The funny part is how he capitalizes on the stupidity of the administration in office. That is the real funny stuff. I am really suprised that he didn't bring to light all the gay republican fodder that would make for some good comedy....

GT35 STI 11-06-2006 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=SilverScoober02]The funny part is how he capitalizes on the stupidity of the administration in office. That is the real funny stuff. I am really suprised that he didn't bring to light all the gay republican fodder that would make for some good comedy....[/QUOTE]

watch that entire episode... He didn't miss a beat... LOL

jvick125 11-06-2006 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=SilverScoober02]The funny part is how he capitalizes on the stupidity of the administration in office. That is the real funny stuff. I am really suprised that he didn't bring to light all the gay republican fodder that would make for some good comedy....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was surprised by that too. He mentions Kerry, but no Gay Repub's.

MVWRX 11-06-2006 07:12 PM

He has a lot of good points about the way certain language has been used recently in politics to change the way the truth is interpreted.

GT35 STI 11-06-2006 08:00 PM

i posted it because i agree with his points to a T... GO DEMO'S!! TAKE THE HOUSE BACK TOMORROW WOOOOOPP WOOOP

what i love is how the republicans are all the queer bashers... yet for some odd reason alot of them are turning out gay recently...

I heard this thing back in highschool, and it was "People who go out of their way to bash homo's and hate them down to their core are normally just gay people in denial"...

Salty 11-06-2006 08:54 PM

A lot of them? 10000?

GT35 STI 11-06-2006 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=Salty]A lot of them? 10000?[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to think all of them... :p

jvick125 11-06-2006 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=GT35 STI]what i love is how the republicans are all the queer bashers... yet for some odd reason alot of them are turning out gay recently...[/QUOTE]
If you read anything that wasn't from a very liberal source such as the NYTimes, CNN, or moveon.org, you would know that the Republican view towards gays is actually quite diverse. Most Dem's are accepting of gays, excluding your TOP choice for President in 2004, Mr. Kerry himself doesn't support gay marriages.

lethalpsi 11-07-2006 11:40 AM

I was raised by the right hand of a conservative rebuplican, and a liberal mother with one hell of a southpaw; If there's anything that means value in America to me.. Religious tolerance is at the top of my list. I tolerate you all, and hate you all the same. Non-biased opinions are voice for the people. Unlike what we're experiencing at the moment. You can't force tolerance. It's learned, through interacting with the very thing that is alien to your thought process.

1) Tolerance (active): The idea that one should attempt to overcome a belief, prejudice or hatred that they hold.
2) Tolerance (passive): The process by which one gradually become less and less bothered by another belief, prejudice or hatred due to continued exposure.
3) Tolerance (liberal): What the majority should have towards minorities, but not vice versa

The opposite of a tolerate fellow;
Bigot: A person who regards his own faith and views in matters of religion as unquestionably right, and any belief or opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in politics or morals; one obstinately and blindly devoted to his own church, party, belief, or opinion.

Saw Bill Maher live last Saturday in Reno, would recommend him.