Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

U.S. Forces Hold 70 Percent of Fallujah and find hostage slaughterhouses...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
U.S. Forces Hold 70 Percent of Fallujah and find hostage slaughterhouses...

It's beginning to look better for Fallujah. I feel it's just a matter of time before we can claim the entire city.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041110/D8694ECG0.html

FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) - U.S. forces cornered insurgents Wednesday in a narrow strip of Fallujah after a stunningly swift advance that seized control of 70 percent of the militant stronghold. An Iraqi general said troops found "hostage slaughterhouses" where foreign captives had been killed.

The abandoned houses had hostages' documents, CDs showing captives being killed, and black clothing worn by militants in videos, Maj. Gen. Abdul Qader Mohammed Jassem Mohan said...

...The speed of the U.S. drive in Fallujah may indicate that most Sunni fighters and their leaders abandoned the city before the offensive and moved elsewhere to carry on the fight, officers said. The most notorious kidnapper, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, is believed to have fled the city.

Many of the remaining fighters have asked to surrender, government spokesman Thair al-Naqeeb told reporters. He said Iraqi authorities "will extend amnesty" to those who have not committed major crimes...

...10 U.S. troops and two members of the Iraqi security forces had been killed. Marine reports Wednesday said 25 American troops and 16 Iraqi soldiers were wounded.
I'm extremely shocked at those numbers just like I was with the urban assault on Samarra last month. I was anticipating casualties in our corner to be at least x10 worse than that. Blue Skies to those that gave their lives...
Old 11-10-2004, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
This is great news. It's hard to believe that people are protesting against our cleanup efforts... they undoubtedly want us to fail.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty
It's beginning to look better for Fallujah. I feel it's just a matter of time before we can claim the entire city.

I'm extremely shocked at those numbers just like I was with the urban assault on Samarra last month. I was anticipating casualties in our corner to be at least x10 worse than that. Blue Skies to those that gave their lives...
God bless to the wounded and KIA. Truly heroes...

My only reservation is that they are seeing such light resistance that the insurgents left before the attack and are just going to live to fight another day.

I mean they only told them exactly when they were launching this offensive.
In the style of guerilla warfare it only makes sense that they left ahead of the invasion.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Great News!

Iraqi hostages found in Falluja

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4002989.stm