i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Surprise...Blackwater are hired Assassins (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/surprise-blackwater-hired-assassins-209070/)

FW Motorsports 08-26-2009 12:43 PM

Surprise...Blackwater are hired Assassins

[URL="http://www.alternet.org/workplace/142098/former_cia_agent:_%22what_the_agency_was_doing_with_blackwater_scares_the_hell_out_of_me%22/"][B]Former CIA Agent: "What the Agency Was Doing With Blackwater Scares the Hell Out of Me"[/B][/URL]

[QUOTE]In April 2002, the CIA paid Blackwater more than $5 million to deploy a small team of men inside Afghanistan during the early stages of US operations in the country. A month later, Erik Prince, the company's owner and a former Navy SEAL, flew to Afghanistan as part of the original twenty-man Blackwater contingent. Blackwater worked for the CIA at its station in Kabul as well as in Shkin, along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, where they operated out of a mud fortress known as the Alamo. It was the beginning of a long relationship between Blackwater, Prince and the CIA.

Before the CIA Jawbreaker team deployed on September 27, 2001, Black gave his men direct and macabre directions: "I don't want bin Laden and his thugs captured, I want them dead.... They must be killed. I want to see photos of their heads on pikes. I want bin Laden's head shipped back in a box filled with dry ice. I want to be able to show bin Laden's head to the president. I promised him I would do that." According to CIA operative Gary Schroen, a member of the Jawbreaker team, it was the first time in his thirty-year career he had been ordered to assassinate an adversary rather than attempt a capture.

[/QUOTE]

AlanarchySTI 08-26-2009 01:04 PM

Doesn`t surprise me. Except about that part with Laden`s head on dry ice.

saqwarrior 08-26-2009 01:05 PM

If I remember correctly from the 60 Minutes segment I saw a few weeks ago, the guy who led the Delta Force team that was dropped into Afghanistan immediately after September 11, 2001 was operating with the understanding that his mission was to eliminate Bin Laden, not capture him.

Also, and on-topic, I'm not surprised, and using mercenaries in place of military is reprehensible and smacks of third-world oppressive regimes.

ipozestu 08-26-2009 01:29 PM

When the military has had their hands tied in just about every way imaginable, what else is one to do. These hired guns are doing the jobs our military used to do.

iLoqin 08-26-2009 01:47 PM

I believe we have the best trained men on the planet to operate with their given circumstances. Plowing a military through everywhere wasn't going to work, so do the next best thing...

** side note: still have not declared war, the idea runs parallel for having so much restrictions **

saqwarrior 08-26-2009 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2701935]When the military has had their hands tied in just about every way imaginable, what else is one to do. These hired guns are doing the jobs our military used to do.[/QUOTE]

Oh gee, I dunno, maybe not engage ourselves on so many military fronts?? haha, what a crazy idea!!

:rolleyes:

Mercenaries lack the accountability and oversight that the military has, and it should be a crime to use them.

ipozestu 08-26-2009 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2701965]Oh gee, I dunno, maybe not engage ourselves on so many military fronts?? haha, what a crazy idea!!

:rolleyes:

Mercenaries lack the accountability and oversight [/QUOTE]

I sort of felt as though we were engaged. If you ask me accountability and oversight is the last thing we need. We should let the military do the jobs that need to be done. After all they are the military. Clean house and deal with the fallout later. Instead we try appease as we progress/digress. It's getting us nowhere. WWII had been fought and won is less time. It's like a band aid. it's gonna hurt, you want it short and quick or long and drawn out.

saqwarrior 08-26-2009 02:21 PM

I'm not going to argue with you. Clearly morality is not something you give a **** about.

FW Motorsports 08-26-2009 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2701999]I'm not going to argue with you. Clearly morality is not something you give a **** about.[/QUOTE]

War is a total loss of morality.
[I]If[/I] you are going to fight a war, make it as painful for your enemy as possible.
This will shorten the conflict & minimize total losses.

ipozestu 08-26-2009 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2701999]I'm not going to argue with you. Clearly morality is not something you give a **** about.[/QUOTE]
There is no place for morals in war. Only the morals for which the war is fought. The end justifies the means. Juice worth the squeeze. Get it?

saqwarrior 08-26-2009 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2702024]There is no place for morals in war. Only the morals for which the war is fought. The end justifies the means. Juice worth the squeeze. Get it?[/QUOTE]

The ends do not justify the means, and morality either exists in all places, or it exists nowhere. Get it?

I'm [i]sure[/i] you're some kind of wannabe tough guy that loves to spew off about how war is hell and blah blah blah -- but would you feel the same if your mother got raped by invading forces? Would you feel the same if [i]you[/i] got raped by invading forces?

If you think that war is no place for morals, then you have no morals and are a poor excuse for a human being.

FW Motorsports 08-26-2009 06:27 PM

But if a people are moral, they would not engage in immorality, such as war.

Also, you gotta look at each sides morality.

Islamists see nothing wrong using suicide bombers to kill people at a voting station.
"Blahblahblah, the US has killed civilians", you say.

I agree. But to me, the difference is US forces don't make it a habit in this current war to target civilians.

ipozestu 08-27-2009 07:19 AM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2702198]The ends do not justify the means, and morality either exists in all places, or it exists nowhere. Get it?

I'm [i]sure[/i] you're some kind of wannabe tough guy that loves to spew off about how war is hell and blah blah blah -- but would you feel the same if your mother got raped by invading forces? Would you feel the same if [i]you[/i] got raped by invading forces?

If you think that war is no place for morals, then you have no morals and are a poor excuse for a human being.[/QUOTE]

When I read your posts, I find myself confused and intrigued. One day you absolutely insult those that express their beliefs in various religions that not only help those in time of need, but also lay a [I]moral[/I] framework for which they are to live their entire lives. The next You speak of morality?
You speak of rules of engagement and regulation of military forces and the means in which they [I]must[/I] accomplish their job. Yet are against all governments blah blah blah.
I thank my lucky stars that your version of utopia is a pipedream; a half-thought hyperbole. You're all over the map. Obviously you're not happy with the current state of affairs. Many of us are not. To quote Arron Tippin " You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything"

SR20steve 08-27-2009 08:06 AM

What seems to be the problem here? They wanted bin laden dead, so do I. The further we get away from sept 11th people are more and more easy going about the whole thing. Ill bet right after sept 11th every one of you wanted to see every al qeada member tortured in public. These people aren't human beings they are animals that don't need to be alive because there only mission in life to take lives, that it.

Max Xevious 08-27-2009 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2702005]War is a total loss of morality.
[I]If[/I] you are going to fight a war, make it as painful for your enemy as possible.
This will shorten the conflict & minimize total losses.[/QUOTE]

RE: Fatman and Little Boy