i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Stop CA Senate Bill SB249 (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/stop-ca-senate-bill-sb249-242700/)

Lowend 06-25-2012 03:10 PM

Stop CA Senate Bill SB249

[U]What is SB 249?[/U]
Senate Bill 249 is a California State Senate bill, authored by Senator Leland Yee (San Francisco), designed to prohibit the possession, importation, making, selling, transferring, or loaning of any [firearm] "conversion kit."

[U]What happens if SB 249 passes?[/U]
If SB 249 passes, beginning July 1, 2013, violating the newly-added gun control laws would subject people to civil and criminal liability. California Penal Code section 17(a) makes a violation of SB 249, if enacted, a misdemeanor crime. SB 249 would also allow a prosecutor to bring a civil action against a person possessing a "conversion kit." Such a civil action could impose a fine and require the owner to surrender their weapon without compensation.

[U]What can I do to STOP SB 249?[/U]
The STOP SB 249 campaign has made it easy for you to take action against this bill. Please visit [url=http://StopSB249.org/take-action]Take Action! | Stop SB 249![/url] and take advantage of our many free tools that allow you to STAND UP and FIGHT BACK against SB 249 and the gun-grabbing Sen. Leland Yee.

[U]Who is STOP SB 249 and StopSB249.org?[/U]
The STOP SB 249 campaign is a coalition made up of The Calguns Foundation, Cal-FFL, and thousands of law-abiding California gun owners and civil rights advocates opposed to SB 249.
For more information on SB 249 and how it could affect you, your Second Amendment rights, and possibly even your business, please visit:
StopSB249.org

Authored by:

THE CALGUNS FOUNDATION
&
California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees
CAL*FFL
We bring guns home.

Gancherov 06-25-2012 03:14 PM

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Unless they tinker with them or carry spare parts?

Krinkov 06-25-2012 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=Lowend;3262045][U]What is SB 249?[/U]
Senate Bill 249 is a California State Senate bill, authored by [b]Senator Leland Yee (San Francisco)...[/b][/QUOTE]

As soon as i read that I knew I was going to be pissed off, this is the same ass hole that tried to get violent video games banned last year and was outraged that it was struck down in the supreme court. Yeah,how dare they stand up for the first amendment. :rolleyes:

OneManArmy 06-25-2012 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;3262063]As soon as i read that I knew I was going to be pissed off, this is the same ass hole that tried to get violent video games banned last year and was outraged that it was struck down in the supreme court. Yeah,how dare they stand up for the first amendment. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah the dude is so self absorbed it's amazing.

johndabrit 06-25-2012 04:10 PM

Yee... the guy who is trying to get 17 yr old murderer gangbangers exempt from life without parole. Screw this guy with a pineapple. Under his legislation, go ahead and kill whomever you feel like as long as you are a minor. Can't stand this guy or the mindless drones who support him. This thread really should be moved to the politics subforum.

sigma pi 06-25-2012 04:16 PM

DAMN IT!!!

this is why I do not like nor cal. Pilosi too!

sigma pi 06-25-2012 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=johndabrit;3262075]Yee... the guy who is trying to get 17 yr old murderer gangbangers exempt from life without parole. Screw this guy with a pineapple. Under his legislation, go ahead and kill whomever you feel like as long as you are a minor. Can't stand this guy or the mindless drones who support him. This thread really should be moved to the politics subforum.[/QUOTE]
Yeah totally should be moved :lol: Except two mods already posted in this thread and did nothing :lol:

Krinkov 06-25-2012 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;3262080]Yeah totally should be moved :lol: Except two mods already posted in this thread and did nothing :lol:[/QUOTE]

I love it that you complain "two mods" already posted here and you were the second mod haha! :p

johndabrit 06-25-2012 04:36 PM

[quote=Krinkov;3262084]I love it that you complain "two mods" already posted here and you were the second mod haha! :p[/quote]

this is why i love this place.

Choku Dori 06-25-2012 04:41 PM

Gawd, Leland Yee's been pissing me off for the last sixteen or so years, why doesn't he just piss off already? :doh:

East Bay STI 06-26-2012 10:11 AM

Add it to the 1 Million plus reasons I want to move out of CA!!! For the record, I bet you Yee will cry more once he finds out that people like myself have AK and AR's that can legally use 30+ round clips ;) I know it is not clips but that is what Yee calls them along with the media and the older folks :)

sigma pi 06-26-2012 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;3262084]I love it that you complain "two mods" already posted here and you were the second mod haha! :p[/QUOTE]
you shut your face when you are talking to me
[QUOTE=johndabrit;3262086]this is why i love this place.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[QUOTE=East Bay STI;3262346]Add it to the 1 Million plus reasons I want to move out of CA!!! For the record, I bet you Yee will cry more once he finds out that people like myself have AK and AR's that can legally use 30+ round clips ;) I know it is not clips but that is what Yee calls them along with the media and the older folks :)[/QUOTE]

if the weather wasnt so damn great and the food wasnt so good I would have been out of here.

1FSTREX 06-26-2012 12:26 PM

Yes please help crash this bill!

iLoqin 06-28-2012 02:39 PM

Been thinking about moving out of this state, seriously insane.