i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   state of the union speech (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/state-union-speech-124981/)

spedmunki 01-31-2006 09:13 PM

state of the union speech

what was everyone's thoughts, comments, concerns?

lojasmo 02-01-2006 03:09 AM

[QUOTE=spedmunki]what was everyone's thoughts, comments, concerns?[/QUOTE]

I will only watch press conferences....prepared speeches are only so much bullshyte.

lojasmo 02-01-2006 03:23 AM

"We should avoid creating diabolical animal-human hybrids "

Did he really say that? Perhaps I should have watched. :rolleyes:

Magish 02-01-2006 06:13 AM

I can't stand to listen to his accent for more than 10min. I tried, really. But the accent just killed me! It was *almost* the same way with clinton, but Bush's just bothers me that much more.

HellaDumb 02-01-2006 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=Imprezastifan88]I can't stand to listen to his accent for more than 10min. I tried, really. But the accent just killed me! It was *almost* the same way with clinton, but Bush's just bothers me that much more.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention Clinton, because one of the major stations (cbs, abc.. I foget) analyzed his speach and said that 84% or something could have been said by Clinton. I guess they were implying that only abouth 15% of his stated goals are actually "conservative" or "right wing" agendas.

Of course they then followed with some democrats who said the democrats aren't going to let him get anything done (even though most are on the democratic agenda). Republicans have some serious problems, but democrats don't even hide the fact they'll sell out the country just so Bush can't claim any victories.

Bush was right on FINALLY regarding immigration reform. About freaking time.

dub2w 02-01-2006 10:36 AM

I think that is important to watch only to hear what the opposing side is advocating.

Still, I agree that these speeches are always canned and full of crap. Virtually nothing comes of the "proposals" offered to we the people.

FW Motorsports 02-01-2006 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=lojasmo]I will only watch press conferences....prepared speeches are only so much bullshyte.[/QUOTE]

It must be a cold day in hell, cuz I agree with you eleventybillion percent.

lojasmo 02-01-2006 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned]It must be a cold day in hell, cuz I agree with you eleventybillion percent.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe in hell....but it is a warm day in Minnesota! ;)

[QUOTE=HellaDumb]Funny you mention Clinton, because one of the major stations (cbs, abc.. I foget) analyzed his speach and said that 84% or something could have been said by Clinton. I guess they were implying that only abouth 15% of his stated goals are actually "conservative" or "right wing" agendas..[/QUOTE]

I believe they're saying that Bush is Parroting Clinton's speeches because clinton actually had a workable plan for the nation. ;)

Seriously though....Clinton isn't much of a liberal. Clinon and Bush are both centrists and corporatists...The difference is that Bush surrounded himself with poppy's people...who all had a hard on for Iraq before Bush ever got elected.

VIBEELEVEN 02-01-2006 01:05 PM

Haha, Cindy Sheehan was arrested again. One more bonus point for her resume as a liberal tool.

deyes 02-01-2006 01:28 PM

Saw that too. She'll have a tough time saying that they were trying to silence her message. They removed a republican senators wife for wearing a t shirt in support of our troops in Iraq. Although some may argue both shirts were in support of our troops.

lojasmo 02-01-2006 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=deyes]Saw that too. She'll have a tough time saying that they were trying to silence her message. They removed a republican senators wife for wearing a t shirt in support of our troops in Iraq. Although some may argue both shirts were in support of our troops.[/QUOTE]

Also, Sheehan was arrested, while the other individual was not.

VIBEELEVEN 02-01-2006 02:38 PM

Sheehan refused to leave and refused to take it off, that is why she was arrested. Sheehan went in there knowing she would be arrested, the whole thing was planned to draw attention to her.

lojasmo 02-01-2006 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=VIBEELEVEN]Sheehan refused to leave and refused to take it off, that is why she was arrested. Sheehan went in there knowing she would be arrested, the whole thing was planned to draw attention to her.[/QUOTE]
But Deyes is incorrect. They WERE trying to silence her message.

deyes 02-01-2006 02:44 PM

Yeah sucks for her. The only difference between the two women was that one was trying to stir up **** and the other was just there supporting her president. Go figure. Of course the senator that gave Sheehan the ticket to attend was a Dem from CA. I find it hard to feel sorry for her getting arrested. It looks to me like she engineered the whole affair for attention to her cause and negative publicity for the Pres. More fodder for her blog I guess.

dub2w 02-01-2006 02:45 PM

What sucks is that her attention mongering led to more discussions about her and less about the State of the Union. We have serious issues facing our country: unjustifiable wars, poorly funded education, illegal wiretaps, further disregard for ethical integrity in DC, etc...