i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   speaking of racist (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/speaking-racist-150700/)

HomerJay 11-21-2006 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=brucelee]Yeah, you CRACKA's!

The reason white people don't get offended when they are called "cracka's" is because basically they are calling white people white, and white people know they are superior, so it evens out.

:p[/QUOTE]
Danial you're not white, you're Croation. :p

evsoul 11-21-2006 06:56 AM

**** i aint no cracka. my dick says im black!!!

blue blurr 11-21-2006 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=HomerJay]Just shows where he is in his career. Regardless of your feelings of whether he was in the right, that was totally uncalled for and unprofessional. You shouldn't be up on that stage if you can't take a little heckling. Michael Richards is pathetic. And you crackers need to calm down ;).[/QUOTE]

That is also true, he could have played it off. Messed with them without the comments that will probably get him shunned from Hollywood or where ever.

FW Motorsports 11-21-2006 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=brucelee]
The black dude should have been like "If this was 50 years ago, you'd probably be in an OVEN!".

[/QUOTE]

None taken, but 50yrs ago, the war was over. ;)

spedmunki 11-21-2006 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=HomerJay]Just shows where he is in his career. Regardless of your feelings of whether he was in the right, that was totally uncalled for and unprofessional. You shouldn't be up on that stage if you can't take a little heckling. Michael Richards is pathetic. And you crackers need to calm down ;).[/QUOTE]

have you ever been to a comdey club before? making fun of people is their profession, and comedians have every right to insult anyone in the audience. you shouldn't be in a comedy club if you can't take being made fun of. my firend was at some comedy club in the bronx and he's white, and it was mostly black performers and audience, and they made fun of him and his "******-ass ancestors" and sh*t like that. it just happens, get over it.

gilmore25 11-21-2006 10:43 AM

Some ppl can dish it out but can't take it...The other ppl in the audience knew what was going on that's why everyone got there camera phones out to make a quick buck

Salty 11-21-2006 11:03 AM

I even thought his comments were over the line. When you say ****** repeatedly in the way he did it's no longer funny. His apology on Letterman was genuine.

Do I think Richards is a racist? No I do not. I've gotten so pissed at people and have either thought of racial comments to push their buttons or unfortunately used racial comments despite my logic. The logic hits me afterward and I [i]sometimes[/i] feel remorseful depending on what was said and whether there’s any truth to what i’ve said. I have friends of all races and do not consider myself racist. I think it's more about temper.

Salty 11-21-2006 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=maddhatteroo7]and whats the difference with blacks or any other race hating upon whites? I'm not saying what he did was correct, but it seems like a little racial hatred is okay as long as its directed towards whites these days. If a white guy says something omg what a terrible thing he should be shot! It's all fawking bullsh1t if you ask me. Get over it, there's going to be racism.[/QUOTE]

You know, I agree with you and have even said it here a few times in my anti-PC rants which I firmly believe. If Chris Rock can do it then so should everyone else? But what he did was over the line and no longer funny... my point is "*******" has no real meaning compared to ****** and a handful of other derogatory terms out there.

VRT Gump 11-21-2006 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=Salty]I even thought his comments were over the line. When you say ****** repeatedly in the way he did it's no longer funny. His apology on Letterman was genuine.

Do I think Richards is a racist? No I do not. I've gotten so pissed at people and have either thought of racial comments to push their buttons or unfortunately used racial comments despite my logic. The logic hits me afterward and I [i]sometimes[/i] feel remorseful depending on what was said and whether there’s any truth to what i’ve said. I have friends of all races and do not consider myself racist. I think it's more about temper.[/QUOTE]

but its ok for them to say it to each other like its all fine and dandy. I cant stand double standards.
He was wrong for saying it, but at the same time, what did they say to him? Everyone is racist to a point, its how we are raised. Just deal with it and move on.

Salty 11-21-2006 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=06WRX4ME]but its ok for them to say it to each other like its all fine and dandy. I cant stand double standards.[/quote]

Hey, I agree, and so would Bill Cosby and Morgan Freeman, two men I admire for speaking out on the way blacks treat each other and how they blame others. But this isn't the issue here... he used the term with extreme prejudice and hostility. Let's not forget what he said in the beginning about lynching. That's just wrong. The use of ****** aside, imagine how sympathetic we would be if a comic yelled at jews by making a heated comment about the Holocaust. There's no way it would stand with any color comic. Hell, look at how bent out of shape we get when Ahmadinejad denies the holocaust even happened! Lynching and the Holocaust are real, crackers are what you eat.

[QUOTE=06WRX4ME]He was wrong for saying it, but at the same time, what did they say to him? Everyone is racist to a point, its how we are raised. Just deal with it and move on.[/QUOTE]

I don't think how we are raised has anything to do with a racist bone in our body. I think how we are raised helps us control the amount of racist bones that exist. I firmly believe racism is competitive part of our genetics. It's a method of survival.

RedStage 11-21-2006 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=Salty]I don't think how we are raised has anything to do with a racist bone in our body. I think how we are raised helps us control the amount of racist bones that exist. I firmly believe racism is competitive part of our genetics. It's a method of survival.[/QUOTE]

I would tend to agree. I'm by no means perfect, but my mother was the most predjudiced and racist person I have ever met (and is one reason why I have nothing to do with her now, due to comments about my half Japanese daughter) and I think I have turned out fairly well.

gpatmac 11-21-2006 07:20 PM

I was gonna post up about this, but figured it had already been started.

Anyone wanna take odds that Jerry Seinfeld (since George and Elaine seem to be pretty busy lately) will be returning to the tube based upon DVD sales going down the tubes?

Salty 11-21-2006 11:17 PM

I don't think Jerry Seinfeld is short on cash (he's Jewish - they're all good with money, right ;) ). I'm pretty sure he still does stand-up for top dollar like Jay Leno still does.

gpatmac 11-22-2006 12:54 AM

I know he's probably very wise with his money but I still say in the next 8-10 months, he'll have a new 'project' on television.

subie OCD 11-22-2006 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=Salty]I don't think Jerry Seinfeld is short on cash (he's Jewish - they're all good with money, right ;) ). [/QUOTE]
*throws money at cockroaches*

:rotfl: