Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Search for Banned Arms In Iraq Ended Last Month

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Search for Banned Arms In Iraq Ended Last Month

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...an11&printer=1
Old 01-12-2005, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
You gotta love the spin... we lessen the impact by declaring WMDs as "banned arms". Political, right-wing appeasing symantics.

By the way, what are the new reasons we invaded Iraw now that we know they had no WMDs?

I remember the three reasons somewhere along these lines:

1. Reports of WMDs: FALSE
2. People would welcome the US with open arms: FALSE
3. Oil: TRUE... woohooo!! And our hegemonic rule continues.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
No weapons = no reason to go to war.
Found weapons = the US supplied/planted them.

Either way, we look stupid.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
pretty much - you gotta admit it - we could have gone about it a little smarter.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
No weapons = no reason to go to war.
Found weapons = the US supplied/planted them.

This is true too.

And of course we're going for oil too! It's one of our interests in this war on top of getting rid of Saddam and the liberation of a country. Contrary to what anyone says in this thread, Saddam and his Baath Party killed thousands upon thousands of families in cold blood. The mass grave death toll is well over 400,000 and occasional graves are still be recovered.

So we try to do some good and hide the fact we're interested in the very product that makes your pretty WRX go Phssst, Vroom? It may seem kinda petty in your eyes but it's the same type of interests that have started past wars since the beginning of time. WMD was probably on the bottom on the agenda when we planned the initial invasion to Baghdad. But it worked because every leftist and democrat bought it and are still clinging to the story like sucker fish. It just never worked out in the end because the Bush Administration's bluff was called and smeared in their faces.

This is not an attack to dub2w or anyone here... it's just my opinion.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
pretty much - you gotta admit it - we could have gone about it a little smarter.
I can't argue with that.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:00 AM

And of course we're going for oil too! It's one of our interests in this war on top of getting rid of Saddam and the liberation of a country. Contrary to what anyone says in this thread, Saddam and his Baath Party killed thousands upon thousands of families in cold blood. The mass grave death toll is well over 400,000 and occasional graves are still be recovered.
Yeah, he really was a bastard - there are plenty of other murdering bastards around the world - but none sitting on so much oil. I wish we could have been honest and said "Look, This guy is a total dick, and we want his countries oil" then lobbed a few patriots and drank some iced tea - but its so damn politically incorrect.
Anyway, we do look like *******s now thanks to the uncreative and shifty efforts by the W admin. We might as well have said we found godzilla under the desert and we needed to go annoy him with lazer tanks - it would have been just as true.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
WMD was probably on the bottom on the agenda when we planned the initial invasion to Baghdad. But it worked because every leftist and democrat bought it and are still clinging to the story like sucker fish. It just never worked out in the end because the Bush Administration's bluff was called and smeared in their faces.

This is not an attack to dub2w or anyone here... it's just my opinion.
I just wanted to be clear on this issue.

I'm not saying Democrats, Leftists and even some Republicans did a jumping heal kick when they heard the news that we were invading for WMD. Not at all...

All I’m saying is that it allowed the United States to get their foot in the door while Bush crossed his fingers for any signs of WMD. You may have been a little uneasy about that criterion but it sure as hell worked regardless if WMD were found or not.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:07 AM

I just wanted to be clear on this issue.

I'm not saying Democrats, Leftists and even some Republicans did a jumping heal kick when they heard the news that we were invading for WMD. Not at all...

All I’m saying is that it allowed the United States to get their foot in the door while Bush crossed his fingers for any signs of WMD. You may have been a little uneasy about that criterion but it sure as hell worked regardless if WMD were found or not.

Plus, what could anyone really have done? So far the Bush admin has been able to do just about whatever they want without anyone really having the power or organization to stop them.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:21 AM

So you think its ok to attack a country with oil and lose our soldiers lives over it while it was still readly avaliable from other sources? And now we have to stay there for several more years at a rate as of now of about 20 soldiers a day dieing? (That number could be wrong just what I heard on the radio yesterday.) Im sorry but the reasons we went to war are all found to be false. Saddam was not a threat to us at all and if we are there just for oil then this is a pathetic thing to be losing the lives of my friends and the people I grew up with. Don't know how come you are not upset Salty that your friends are dieing over oil. Oh and I suggest all you right wingers to go look up your threads that supported this war when it first started and now compare with your responces now.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:25 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Yeah no kidding...I thought the right's contention was that there's WMD's under the sand somewhere hahahahahahaha. But now, all the sudden when we know there's only one reason we're in Iraq (oil), that's just A-OK...no problem, we need and want oil, it's a good reason now. F*** it. By the way, if you're still trying to say the #1 reason for being there is 'liberating' Iraq you clearly are dillusional.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:32 AM

Yeah no kidding...I thought the right's contention was that there's WMD's under the sand somewhere hahahahahahaha.
Well, they always show the pictures of the migs they dug up and go "SEEE!!!!".

But they are ****ing 30 year old mig-21's buried in dirt. They are about as deadly as a bacon cheeseburger.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by constellation
They are about as deadly as a bacon cheeseburger.
Hey! Don't minimize the deadly effects a bacon cheeseburger can have!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
So you think its ok to attack a country with oil and lose our soldiers lives over it while it was still readly avaliable from other sources? And now we have to stay there for several more years at a rate as of now of about 20 soldiers a day dieing? (That number could be wrong just what I heard on the radio yesterday.) Im sorry but the reasons we went to war are all found to be false. Saddam was not a threat to us at all and if we are there just for oil then this is a pathetic thing to be losing the lives of my friends and the people I grew up with. Don't know how come you are not upset Salty that your friends are dieing over oil. Oh and I suggest all you right wingers to go look up your threads that supported this war when it first started and now compare with your responces now.

But you conveniently forgot about Saddam and his acts with the Baath party which aren't false by any means. 400.000+ people in mass graves under Iraqi deserts is a very big deal and enough of a reason to go forward with OIF and get Saddam out of power.

Getting oil in the process just made OIF one step closer because it was another interest in our favor. Saying Saddam still had WMD was a gamble to put everyone on a leash in order to get the ball rolling while the Bush Admin hoped for kudos.

What did you expect? For us to occupy Iraq on just the idea of mass atrocities while blatantly telling the public that we're going for oil too? Although I think it was a rather stupid move, they pretty much threw the WMD factor into the equation or else we might as well be in Rwanda instead of Iraq.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:05 PM

Wrong and wrong again. Sadly 400,000+ people in mass graves is NOT a good enough reason for what we did how we did it. It wasn't even a main reason for going into the war. Second had it been we could of waited longer for the help from other nations so we would not have to burdon the brunt of the cost in lives and money for this war.

I really would like for you to take the time and LOOK at your old post about when the war first started and what you said about WMD. Also I can't believe your saying thats its ok for the president to get us into a war for oil. When we lose tons of money and the lives of our soldiers over something that we can easily get from other countries still. **** we still haven't even used our reserves. So again how can you as a ex-army person be proud of what are President is using our soldiers for? These are the men that are dying that you served with we are talking about here.

Quick Reply: Search for Banned Arms In Iraq Ended Last Month