i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   For the record... (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/record-207407/)

Turbo Rob 07-22-2009 08:27 PM

For the record...

I just want to post this so that those of you who care understand my political beliefs. I "bounce" around party lines a lot.. basically because I don't care about conforming to a party.

1. I am Pr-Abortion - It is statistically proven to reduce crime. Plus its mmore air and water for me!
2. I am Pro-Guns! I think if everyone had a gun there would be less gun killings. Guns, knives, mace, tasers are banned in the UK but there are a lot of stabbing deaths instead. Obviously they didn't solve anything.
3. I am against useless war.
4. I oppose GMO's (genetically modified foods)
5. I am pro-environment. BUT we shouldn't be using sports car enthusiasts as the scapegoat for the real problems with CO2 emissions.
6. I am pro-diplomacy. We should try to talk things out with a country before we kill their innocent civilians... thats all I am saying. For the price of ONE patriot missile, we could use that money to build THOUSANDS of schools in the Middle East that will teach civilians something different than extremism (read 3 Cups of Tea to understand this further)
7. Smoking laws piss me off just the same as every other drug law. I should have the right to kill myself via drug. A restaurant should have the right to have a smoking section if it chooses... don't eat there if you do not like the smoke.. it is THAT simple. (I don't even smoke haha) Should you smoke in a car with a kid? No... but should it be a law not to? But I also don't think I should pay for someones oxygen tank cuz they dont have insurance and cant kick the habit.

I am very pro rights... there are people that are like "I am pro rights but you can't smoke there" or I am so pro constitution that we shouldn't change anything. Well changes are needed sometimes, and I think the constitution was purposely written in a way so that there would be changes with the time. Slavery and womens rights are my biggest example for this.

Those are just some key issues...

If you want to know my feelings on anything else, let me know.

Superglue WRX 07-23-2009 07:46 AM

PoliticalMatch.com?

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach and the smell of a cool spring breeze?

sigma pi 07-23-2009 08:56 AM

yeah smokers are screwed :(

saqwarrior 07-23-2009 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=Turbo Rob;2671644]I just want to post this so that those of you who care understand my political beliefs. I "bounce" around party lines a lot.. basically because I don't care about conforming to a party.

1. I am Pr-Abortion - It is statistically proven to reduce crime. Plus its mmore air and water for me!
2. I am Pro-Guns! I think if everyone had a gun there would be less gun killings. Guns, knives, mace, tasers are banned in the UK but there are a lot of stabbing deaths instead. Obviously they didn't solve anything.
5. I am pro-environment. BUT we shouldn't be using sports car enthusiasts as the scapegoat for the real problems with CO2 emissions.
6. I am pro-diplomacy. We should try to talk things out with a country before we kill their innocent civilians... thats all I am saying. [COLOR="Red"]For the price of ONE patriot missile, we could use that money to build THOUSANDS of schools in the Middle East that will teach civilians something different than extremism[/COLOR] (read 3 Cups of Tea to understand this further)
7. Smoking laws piss me off just the same as every other drug law. I should have the right to kill myself via drug. A restaurant should have the right to have a smoking section if it chooses... don't eat there if you do not like the smoke.. it is THAT simple. (I don't even smoke haha) Should you smoke in a car with a kid? No... but should it be a law not to? But I also don't think I should pay for someones oxygen tank cuz they dont have insurance and cant kick the habit.

I am very pro rights... there are people that are like "I am pro rights but you can't smoke there" or I am so pro constitution that we shouldn't change anything. Well changes are needed sometimes, and I think the constitution was purposely written in a way so that there would be changes with the time. Slavery and womens rights are my biggest example for this.

If you want to know my feelings on anything else, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely [i]love[/i] that point.

iLoqin 07-23-2009 12:14 PM

I pretty much agree with you on every point. I am strictly pro constitution, but I expand it further like... ammo is part of the right to bear arms, so they shouldn't be able to track ammo, makes no sense to me. Definitely pro capitalism to a certain point. Yea sure capitalism works, but some regulations are ok. IE milk n' bread. The rest of government takeover is BS.

DEA is a joke. WEED should be legal. Weed became illegal on false pretenses and those arguments have been proven false. I am anti medicare, social security, and nationalization or intrusion. The government does not know what the people want, the people know what the people want.

There are already %'s of income that go to the government to do what they do, I am against taxing richer people, just because they worked harder to get there, but somehow have to pay more? IE if it's 3% on all income for everyone, then fine. If it's 3% for low income, and 10% on people over 250k or whatever, to me that is ridiculous. They worked for it, while someone else is sitting on their ass, why should the government take and help them out? That is horrible. Steals from the rich, gives to the poor.

I'm against having more then half the countries on the planet stationed with military bases.

Need to set new taxes, the current one is already around 40%. More blatant and transparent with receipts.

kyoung05 07-23-2009 01:35 PM

[QUOTE=Turbo Rob;2671644]I just want to post this so that those of you who care understand my political beliefs. I "bounce" around party lines a lot.. basically because I don't care about conforming to a party.

6. I am pro-diplomacy. We should try to talk things out with a country before we kill their innocent civilians... thats all I am saying. For the price of ONE patriot missile, we could use that money to build THOUSANDS of schools in the Middle East that will teach civilians something different than extremism (read 3 Cups of Tea to understand this further)

If you want to know my feelings on anything else, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're a mostly a libertarian...
________
[URL="http://gmfoods.info/"]Gm Foods[/URL]

Turbo Rob 07-23-2009 05:53 PM

That kind of the category I fall into. But it's whatever.

Irrational X 07-24-2009 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=Turbo Rob;2671644]4. I oppose GMO's (genetically modified foods)
[/QUOTE]

you realize that, unless you gather berries in the woods and eat deer, all the food you eat is "genetically modified"?

we have been breeding tons organisms to express specific traits since the dawn on man. science just speeds it up. for instance, even "organic beef" is genetically modified since cows were originally small Forrest dwellers similar to deer.

saqwarrior 07-24-2009 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=irrational x;2672872]you realize that, unless you gather berries in the woods and eat deer, all the food you eat is "genetically modified"?

we have been breeding tons organisms to express specific traits since the dawn on man. science just speeds it up. for instance, even "organic beef" is genetically modified since cows were originally small Forrest dwellers similar to deer.[/QUOTE]

You're a smart kid, so I think you're purposely misrepresenting "genetically modified," but I just haven't figured out why.

FW Motorsports 07-24-2009 01:18 PM

Not only is IX smart, he's muy bonita!

Turbo Rob 07-25-2009 12:35 AM

[QUOTE=irrational x;2672872]you realize that, unless you gather berries in the woods and eat deer, all the food you eat is "genetically modified"?

we have been breeding tons organisms to express specific traits since the dawn on man. science just speeds it up. for instance, even "organic beef" is genetically modified since cows were originally small Forrest dwellers similar to deer.[/QUOTE]

You must not understand GMO's VS. breeding for traits. lol You have a completely wrong concept.

Genetically Modified Organism's (GMO's) are organisms that have been genetically modified by the use of genetic engineering.

In corn for instance we have planted seeds that produce bigger, fuller kernals, and now we have a specimen that is huge compared to maize from hundreds of years ago. Those are NOT GMO's.

Taken from Wiki:

[QUOTE]In the corn market, Monsanto’s triple-stack corn – which combines Roundup Ready 2 weed control technology with YieldGard Corn Borer and YieldGard Rootworm insect control – is the market leader in the United States.[/QUOTE]

^That is a GMO^

See the difference?

VRT MBasile 07-25-2009 12:43 AM

shenanigans Rob! If you post on i-club you have to pick between being a republican, and being a stupid idiot that is wrong and doesn't know what they are talking about :)

Turbo Rob 07-25-2009 12:50 AM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2673644]shenanigans Rob! If you post on i-club you have to pick between being a republican, and being a stupid idiot that is wrong and doesn't know what they are talking about :)[/QUOTE]

I'll have to ask for a self imposed permaban. :rip:

Tizzo27 07-25-2009 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;2672003]yeah smokers are screwed :([/QUOTE]

I quit 4 years ago, but it still pisses me off that you can't have a smoking section in a restaurant you own.. :wtfdude:

Turbo Rob 07-27-2009 11:43 AM

Oh ALSO.

I think we should send convicted criminals to work camps and murderers need to be exported to Canadia.