i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Obama administration again channels Bush. The Arristocrats! (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/obama-administration-again-channels-bush-arristocrats-210301/)

Irrational X 09-24-2009 07:12 AM

Obama administration again channels Bush. The Arristocrats!

Obama admin. claims right to detain and imprison people indefinitely without charge.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/24/us/politics/24detain.html?_r=2&hp=&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1253799043-tz5FIEAf5fJ367XoIp/5fw[/url]

Change.

FW Motorsports 09-24-2009 08:02 AM

[QUOTE]In concluding that it does not need specific permission from Congress to hold detainees without charges, the Obama administration is adopting one of the arguments advanced by the Bush administration in years of debates about detention policies.

[/QUOTE]

****ing rich.....how's that hope & change working out for you dolts that voted for Barry?

Superglue WRX 09-24-2009 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2725050]****ing rich.....how's that hope & change working out for you dolts that voted for Barry?[/QUOTE]

Way to cherry pick from the article. I can do that too:

[QUOTE]The department pointed out that courts would continue to review the cases of those held without charges through habeas corpus hearings. The Washington Post first reported the decision.[/QUOTE]

Max Xevious 09-24-2009 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX;2725120]Way to cherry pick from the article. I can do that too:[/QUOTE]

still goes against all his preaching before the election now doesn't it?

FW Motorsports 09-24-2009 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX;2725120]Way to cherry pick from the article. I can do that too:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Mr. Xevious;2725155]still goes against all his preaching before the election now doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

And that was what I was getting at about Barry.

saqwarrior 09-24-2009 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2725161]And that was what I was getting at about Barry.[/QUOTE]

That applies to all* politicians.

*With very few notable exceptions.

sigma pi 09-24-2009 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2725412]That applies to all* politicians.

*With very few notable exceptions.[/QUOTE]
so that makes it ok?

and thats not change :lol:

Superglue WRX 09-24-2009 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;2725432]so that makes it ok?

and thats not change :lol:[/QUOTE]

Didn't I point out a change in my post? Is that not a positive aspect of this whole gitmo situation? Especially considering congress is resisting moving the prisoners on American turf.

I don't expect the moon from this president, but I think he's trying to be pragmatic about this.

Sasco 09-24-2009 07:24 PM

I don't think we would have been any better off with McCain/Palin...

Neither candidate got my vote this time around.

Irrational X 09-24-2009 09:53 PM

and so can i....
[quote]The department pointed out that courts would continue to review the cases of those held without charges through habeas corpus hearings. The Washington Post first reported the :D56CC97E5391454A915.[/quote]

oh wait thats the same quote you posted you say, why did i post it again?

[quote]The department pointed out that courts would continue to review the cases of those held without charges through habeas corpus hearings. [B][U]The Washington Post first reported the decision.[/U][/B][/quote]

does that mean cherry picking the article goes three ways?... or just that you believe the first thing you hear....

the article continues:

[quote]The legal interpretation applies to detainees whom the government concludes should be held because they are a continuing danger to national security but who cannot be brought to trial for various reasons, like evidence tainted by harsh interrogations.[/quote]

while the rational is different... "tainted by interrogation methods" vs "no appropriate court with jurisdiction (and other excuses)" the end result is still the same, [U]indefinite imprisonment.[/U]

go back to your room son, the adults are talking.

Superglue WRX 09-25-2009 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=irrational x;2725690]and so can i....

oh wait thats the same quote you posted you say, why did i post it again?

does that mean cherry picking the article goes three ways?... or just that you believe the first thing you hear....

the article continues:

while the rational is different... "tainted by interrogation methods" vs "no appropriate court with jurisdiction (and other excuses)" the end result is still the same, [U]indefinite imprisonment.[/U]

go back to your room son, the adults are talking.[/QUOTE]

Is the son **** really necessary, really?

P.S. I was just pointing out that cherry picking a quote while ignoring the rest is intillectually dishonest.

... and it's "rationale" jerk.

sigma pi 09-25-2009 08:16 AM

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX;2725556]Didn't I point out a change in my post? Is that not a positive aspect of this whole gitmo situation? Especially considering congress is resisting moving the prisoners on American turf.

I don't expect the moon from this president, but I think he's trying to be pragmatic about this.[/QUOTE]
I dont think one prison with a very few prisoners is going to change a whole lot to be honest. I think its more of a good faith move. I would not want them in my town to be honest. I dont know many that would.

....son . hahaha ok i am just joking on that part

Irrational X 09-25-2009 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX;2725813]... and it's "rationale" jerk.[/QUOTE]

:Cry:

[IMG]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/7/75/Grammar_Nazi_Logo.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX]P.S. I was just pointing out that cherry picking a quote while ignoring the rest is intellectually dishonest.[/quote]

why not just say that instead of doing the exact same thing...

Superglue WRX 09-25-2009 01:00 PM

Change? :p

psoper 09-25-2009 08:49 PM

christ,I agree with irrational x, its got to be the end of the f'ing world

:owws: