i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Navy Seals face assualt charges after capturing most wanted terrorist in Iraq (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/navy-seals-face-assualt-charges-after-capturing-most-wanted-terrorist-iraq-213087/)

c32c7 12-02-2009 09:50 PM

Navy Seals face assualt charges after capturing most wanted terrorist in Iraq

WTF?!!

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html?test=latestnews[/url]

Spoolin415 12-02-2009 10:51 PM

The reason why this 'war' is unwinnable no matter how many troops we have on the grounds. We may as well issue straws and spitballs instead of guns.

1reguL8NSTi 12-02-2009 10:58 PM

More political bull**** ****ing over the troops that do the real work. Al qaeda actual talks about in their manuals how they have to use our political correctness against us for their own gain.

sammae01 12-02-2009 11:01 PM

Complete BS

Lurk 12-02-2009 11:25 PM

Those SEALs hould have just wasted that guy instead of capturing him alive. :cool:

ruehl 12-03-2009 12:17 AM

figures i mean you can't punch the guy who planed the killing of 4 people and subsequent burning and public hanging of their bodies.

Spoolin415 12-03-2009 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=ruehl;2768336]figures i mean you can't punch the guy who planed the killing of 4 people and subsequent burning and public hanging of their bodies.[/QUOTE]

Nah, he deserves a cushy cell, cable TV, warm meals and a nice long drawn out trial all to be paid for by the taxpayers.

jam007 12-03-2009 07:36 PM

Yep at the villa in Cuba.

JSubie209 12-03-2009 07:53 PM

thats so F'in stupid crap like that pissis me off. Terrorist shouldint have rights for ****. :mad2:

AlanarchySTI 12-03-2009 08:27 PM

Some terrorist mutilates 4 US guards and he wants justice for being punched in the face. Hope he has an "accident".

iLoqin 12-03-2009 09:08 PM

This is why war needs to be [B]DE EFFIN CLARED[/B]! Then all of these handcuffing and court martials wouldn't exist. HOW CAN DO DO THIS TO SEALS?!? They're OUR BEST trained war heroes and they did their job. They are killing Americans and our friends, and we capture a big one and they get court martialed?

The stupidness of America keeps increasing.

c32c7 12-04-2009 02:54 PM

Way to punish those for doing their jobs. Great way to boost morale amongst the troops too.

Am I reading the article right? It said they punched him in the gut and he got a split lip?? :der:

Lurk 12-12-2009 10:11 PM

So I have a quick update for those interested. It turns out there's a bit more to this story than meets the eye.

An active duty SEAL Senior Chief shed some light on the situation. Here's a quick rundown in his words:

[I]1) This whole thing started when a non-SEAL MA assigned to work with NSW who had previous documented "personal issues" came a bit more un-glued than normal and claimed he witnessed abuse.

2) The East Coast SEALs who ended up in the crosshairs were temporarily assigned to a West Coast Team when this supposed incident happened.

3) The West Coast Team CO and CMC were the ones who pushed this up the chain, going against the grain of those who eventually were forced to investigate it. (It bothers me that the CO was someone I once considered a very good friend. I feel that he must have lost his roots since he left the East Coast. The CMC is a man who is very much despised by the East Coast men I know who have served in his proximity down range.)

4) The West Coast CO and his CMC have already been reprimanded for this incident.

5) The accused men are disgusted with the progression of these events and have lost their trust in the Chain of Command.

My thoughts:

1) There has long been a rivalry between the East and West Coast SEAL Teams, but nothing in NSW history compares with this disgusting incident. It smears ALL in the NSW community, destroys trust, crushes morale, and will certainly impact both retention and recruitment. In short it was an atom bomb dropped by fellow SEALs within their own wire.

2) I have long felt that there were too many back stabbers rising to the top in NSW. The good guys at the top are like islands in the ocean these days. The locker rooms have been buzzing about the particular SEAL Team CMC for a couple years now. No one I know is surprised that this man's name is connected to these events.

3) These men will be exonerated...but the trust and integrity of the Teams will not. It has been seriously compromised. Not just because of the CO and CMC, but because there are plenty more where they came from.

4) I am currently hesitant to encourage young men to pursue a life in the SEAL Teams these days.

5) I would recommend that a currently serving SEAL seriously consider leaving the Navy before taking orders to the West Coast Teams at this time. While I have served with some fantastic guys from the West Coast in the past, that was the exception not the norm.

6) The terrorist turd burglar bit his own lip. Period.

7) America has big problems when her SEAL Team Commanders work in the greater interest of our enemies than in our frogmen who risk everything to protect her.[/I]

VRT Gump 12-12-2009 11:32 PM

that is one of the reasons im thinking of getting out and going back to college. you get an order, follow it, and then get punished. they should all get a damn medal, not a court martial. stupid ass politics

iLoqin 12-13-2009 11:14 AM

Yes this is all politics. If we DECLARED war, then fighting a war handcuffed wouldn't exist. But as it shows, there are lists of things you CANNOT do in war (which would exist if you did declare war).

If you court martial these seals, you're saying everyone in WW2 and in Vietnam and ALL the other wars with foreign nations are just as guilty. We, Americans, dropped so many bombs and killed civilians all the time. We were being ruthless and dropped the hammer. That's why OUR military is respected.

Since we're in a tactical operation, seals get court martial for a punch in the face? Wow. Should you join the military to die or be afraid of a court martial? Hell no. Obama is an idiot, he should pardon these guys, they're the ones risking their lives as part of their career and he lets them go straight down the drain.