Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

karl rove is the Leak!!! (he blew a CIA operatives cover)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
karl rove is the Leak!!! (he blew a CIA operatives cover)

soo what happens if the intial reports or true?

what do you guys think should happen to him?

I feel very strongly about this..

lets see what you guys have to say..
Old 07-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
leaking operatives cover is treason.

Should be put away for eva! Just like this jackhole

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...76&postcount=2
Old 07-02-2005, 04:12 PM

Did Douchbag of Liberty Novak even get a slap on the wrist? Apparently it's ok to disclose identities of CIA agents these days. Has the CIA been neutered or something? Aren't they supposed to "disappear" *******s like this?
Old 07-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by MoDrift
Aren't they supposed to "disappear" *******s like this?
I wish
Old 07-03-2005, 04:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
This idea has been floating around for awhile. I say punishment is in order for whoever it was.

When I recently searched for news on Karl I found a couple anti-American sources. It's just funny reading an article that actually has a pro-CIA flare just to discredit another member of the big bad Bush machine. Idiots would jump off a bridge simultaneously if it was the only way to conform with like-minded individuals.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Want to know what will happen?

Whenever "Berger" is mentioned in this article feel free to replace is with "Rove."

http://www.nationalledger.com/commen...cle_1588.shtml

You know it.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:58 PM
VIP Member

Not to put on a tinfoil hat but I talked about this before and with subaruguru in person.

What the hell happened with Berger? He literally got a slap on the wrist for a cramming classified documents of national security down his pants! But why so lenient? Could it have been because the information he snagged was damning to the White House in general? We may just see this mess with Rove "disappear" because the conservatives have an Ace up their sleeve.

Just a theory. Pay no attention.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:18 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Take 'em both out back & put a slug in their heads.
Burn the bodies & scatter the ashes.
Time will take care of the rest.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Rove is your man....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8525978/site/newsweek/

Matt Cooper's Source

What Karl Rove told Time magazine's reporter.

July 18 issue - It was 11:07 on a Friday morning, July 11, 2003, and Time magazine correspondent Matt Cooper was tapping out an e-mail to his bureau chief, Michael Duffy. "Subject: Rove/P&C," (for personal and confidential), Cooper began. "Spoke to Rove on double super secret background for about two mins before he went on vacation ..." Cooper proceeded to spell out some guidance on a story that was beginning to roil Washington. He finished, "please don't source this to rove or even WH [White House]" and suggested another reporter check with the CIA.

Last week, after Time turned over that e-mail, among other notes and e-mails, Cooper agreed to testify before a grand jury in the Valerie Plame case. Explaining that he had obtained last-minute "personal consent" from his source, Cooper was able to avoid a jail sentence for contempt of court. Another reporter, Judith Miller of The New York Times, refused to identify her source and chose to go to jail instead.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

It will be interesting to hear the President's reaction to the news. He has stated in the past "If there's leaks out of my administration, I want to know who it is, and if the person has violated the law, the person will be taken care of."

We shall see.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

And the Spin begins....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8504290/

Rove told reporter about Plame’s role at CIA
But Bush aide didn’t identify covert agent by name, attorney says

White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove spoke with at least one reporter about Valerie Plame's role at the CIA before she was identified as a covert agent in a newspaper column two years ago, but Rove's lawyer said yesterday that his client did not identify her by name.

Rove had a short conversation with Time magazine reporter Matthew Cooper on July 11, 2003, three days before Robert D. Novak publicly exposed Plame in a column about her husband, Joseph C. Wilson IV. Wilson had come under attack from the White House for his assertions that he found no evidence Iraq was trying to buy uranium from Niger and that he reported those findings to top administration officials. Wilson publicly accused the administration of leaking his wife's identity as a means of retaliation.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

I think it's funny how when this happened the WH was talking all big about how the leak would definately be fired, and it definately was not Karl Rove...

And now that we find out it most likely was him they won't touch those statements...

I mean let's be real here.....Rove is not going to get fired. He's Bush's main man, basically winning two elections with his strategies....There is no doubt the guy has a great political mind even though I think he is a total douchbag.....

Wishful thinking to think the guy will get fired though.....

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 07-11-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Great quote from Keith Olbermann's BLOG if the info on Rove is true (which all indications are that it is)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8085423/#050711a

Originally Posted by Keith Olbermann
Karl Rove: Soft on terror (Keith Olbermann)

SECURED UNDISCLOSED LOCATION -- Karl Rove is a liability in the war on terror.

Rove -- Newsweek’s new article quotes the very emails -- told a Time reporter that Ambassador Joe Wilson’s trip to investigate of the Niger uranium claim was at the behest of Wilson’s CIA wife.

To paraphrase Mr. Rove, liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers; conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared to ruin the career of one of the country’s spies tracking terrorist efforts to gain weapons of mass destruction -- for political gain.

Politics first, counter-terrorism second -- it’s as simple as that.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
But Bushie is still backing up his puppeteer:

White House: Bush Has Confidence in Rove

By PETE YOST, Associated Press Writer
(07-12) 11:04 PDT WASHINGTON, (AP) --

After two days of questions, the White House said Tuesday that President Bush continues to have confidence in Karl Rove, the presidential adviser at the center of the investigation into the leak identifying a female CIA officer. Meanwhile, prominent Democrats are calling for Rove to be fired.

Bush did not respond to a reporter's question Tuesday about whether he would fire Rove, in keeping with a June 2004 pledge to dismiss any leakers of Valerie Plame's identity.

At a White House briefing afterward, spokesman Scott McClellan was pressed about Rove's future.

"Any individual who works here at the White House has the confidence of the president. They wouldn't be working here at the White House if they didn't have the president's confidence," McClellan said.

The White House said two years ago that Rove wasn't involved in the leak. According to a July 2003 e-mail that surfaced over the weekend, Rove told Time magazine reporter Matthew Cooper that the woman "apparently works" for the CIA. It added that the woman had authorized a trip to Africa by her husband, U.S. Ambassador Joe Wilson, to check out allegations that Iraq had tried to buy uranium from Niger for nuclear weapons.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:28 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Bush is screwed...if he doesn't fire Rove, he'll be a hypochrit and be publically roasted. But if he does fire Rove, he'll be a puppet without a puppet master...oh the dilema.

Quick Reply: karl rove is the Leak!!! (he blew a CIA operatives cover)