i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Illegal immigrants Draining State Budget? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/illegal-immigrants-draining-state-budget-206827/)

FW Motorsports 07-10-2009 02:32 PM

Illegal immigrants Draining State Budget?

[URL="http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-illegal10-2009jul10,0,3398621.story"]Illegal immigrants again in the budget spotlight
[/URL]

[QUOTE]California has roughly 2.7 million illegal residents, according to an April 2009 report from the authoritative Pew Hispanic Center, accounting for about 7% of the state's population. [B]State officials estimate that they add between $4 billion and $6 billion in costs[/B], primarily for prisons and jails, schools and emergency rooms. Beyond those services, the illegal population adds to the overall cost of other parts of local government, from police and fire protection to highway maintenance and libraries.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, illegals pay various taxes, but enough to cover this?:

[QUOTE]Godinez, a 43-year-old undocumented Mexican immigrant, left an abusive family and lives in transitional housing. Four of her five children are citizens and receive a total of about $650 each month from the state's CalWorks program. She also receives about $500 in federal food stamps and other vouchers.
[/QUOTE]

She's an illegal, who doesn't work, and receives $1150/month.

VRT MBasile 07-10-2009 02:37 PM

In 2007 the export of agricultural products from California was $10.9 billion.

That's $10.9 billion dollars coming INTO the state because of the produce the mesicans picked. That doesn't include the flow of commerce within the state due to agriculture. Next time your at the grocery store, look at each employee there, their wages are partially funded because of the produce picked by the illegals.

Want to look at the budget issue though? How much money is California loosing from Amazon.com not having to pay sales tax?

sigma pi 07-10-2009 03:03 PM

well im sure the hispanics dont pay income tax for picking the produce

VRT MBasile 07-10-2009 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;2661957]well im sure the hispanics dont pay income tax for picking the produce[/QUOTE]

No, but how does income tax on $1/hr compare to $10.9 billion coming into the state?

They still have to eat food while the are here, right? More money into the economy. I know the economy is not the same as the state budget, but each time money changes hands, some of it goes to the state.

[b]Big picture.[/b]

R-Dub 07-10-2009 03:20 PM

[quote=VRT MBasile;2661963]No, but how does income tax on $1/hr compare to $10.9 billion coming into the state?[/quote]

I do not think that ALL farm hands are illegal immigrants and I do not think that they are COMPLETELY to credit this influx of income.

FW Motorsports 07-10-2009 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2661963]No, but how does income tax on [B]$1/hr [/B]compare to $10.9 billion coming into the state?

They still have to eat food while the are here, right? More money into the economy. I know the economy is not the same as the state budget, [B]but each time money changes hands, some of it goes to the state.[/B]
[b]Big picture.[/b][/QUOTE]

Please provide proof of this illegal wage amount.

$10.9B - $6.0B = $4.9B

BTW...it's criminal the amount of money the state steals from us.

sigma pi 07-11-2009 11:42 AM

so no income tax for CA just sales tax at 20%?

iLoqin 07-11-2009 11:54 AM

Immigrants have been here since the dawn of the United States. I mean ****, they're connected directly to the states. I don't think we can get rid of them, but there has to be some means to compensate for them.

1/3 of prisoners in our systems are illegals. Meaning they're still draining cash from the system to keep them alive. They come in here and use our services and some of them end up getting busted because they end up doing illegal activity. Illegal that they're here, that they end up incarcerated in relationship with the drug cartels.

I don't think there is much solution to these problems. They sacrifice as well as drain the economy.

Spoolin415 07-11-2009 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=iLoqin;2662723]

I don't think there is much solution to these problems. They sacrifice as well as drain the economy.[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to wager they drain, on average, more than they contribute.

Want in? Sure, get in line like everyone else. WTF makes you special and exempt from the immigration process?

kyoung05 07-13-2009 11:16 AM

Here's an interesting related article.

[URL]http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-me-illegal-immigration13-2009jul13,0,1536154.story?page=1&track=rss[/URL]
________
[URL="http://vaporizers.net"]Herbal aire2.1 vaporizer[/URL]

saqwarrior 07-13-2009 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=Spoolin415;2662858]I'd be willing to wager they drain, on average, more than they contribute.

Want in? Sure, get in line like everyone else. WTF makes you special and exempt from the immigration process?[/QUOTE]

Just do it how my mom did: Vienna -> Canada -> Get married -> Move to U.S. -> Divorce -> Marry U.S. citizen -> Have child -> 25 years later take citizenship test

haha

sigma pi 07-13-2009 02:02 PM

id sign

Bagin,DVS 07-13-2009 02:51 PM

how about dont patronize businesses that cater to illegals. make it hard for businesses to use them, cause problems for them. tell them stop using their labor.

the article about taknig the money from them is good to, if they have no income coming in here the wont stay. if their is no money why would they stay.

ScoobySon 07-15-2009 11:31 PM

Haha...when I was living in the LA area and surrounding counties, I learned that the hispanic community has its own underground financial system. Cash only.

Irrational X 07-16-2009 09:07 AM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;2662715]so no income tax for CA just sales tax at 20%?[/QUOTE]

that'd be great. income tax is simply a tax on my savings account.

[QUOTE=iLoqin;2662723][B]Legal[/B] Immigrants have been here since the dawn of the United States.[/QUOTE]

fixed