Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

I had no idea - 2660 Iraqi civilians killed in SEP '06

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I had no idea - 2660 Iraqi civilians killed in SEP '06

That's up by only 400 in August apparently. Holy smokes! I'm so out of touch. http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=2553632

Now, I know this is probably a broad jump in logic, but I am always skeptical about the reports of 'Iraqi civilians increasingly want US to leave' and how the UN stated that 'The Global War on Terrorism is actually exacerbating terrorism', because every time I've been deployed I have personally only met with pro-US sentiment from every civilian I've met. I'm not trying to generalize because I have not deployed to Iraq [yet], so I'm basing my opinion from the deployments I have been on.

However, with the amount of healthcare, schools, infrastructure development we do (concurrent with fighting insurgents), I would really be surprised if these two 'scoops' were accurate.

There are obviously always a minority who are anti-US; maybe not to our face, but with the amount of resources were giving to them, and with the fact that Iraqi civilians are being targeted by their own people, I seriously doubt the veracity in those articles.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:22 AM
VIP Member

http://www.marginalrevolution.com/ma...10/lancet.html
Old 10-15-2006, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 413whp/461wtq
yea i think i heard on the news somewhere that 150,000 iraqi's have been killed since the start of the war. very sad to say the least.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by NorCalBugEye
yea i think i heard on the news somewhere that 150,000 iraqi's have been killed since the start of the war. very sad to say the least.
I've heard a lot more. Almost 5 times more actually.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:48 AM
VIP Member

Sources?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:47 AM

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/me...ths/index.html

Thats not the only one though.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

I just found one as well and was going to post it but you beat me to it. Interesting.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...HS.xml&src=rss
Old 10-21-2006, 05:40 PM

Yeah its crazy. I really feel for them and for us since this will come back and bite us on the ***.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:37 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
the value of life

You have to take into consideration that people have been getting killed and dumped into mass grave sites long before we got there.

In countries like that, life is a lot cheaper than it is here in the U.S. What I mean is, nobody in the world gives a crap until it's thrust into our faces. Much like this war has done. It's a savage place and it was like that before we got there.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
You have to take into consideration that people have been getting killed and dumped into mass grave sites long before we got there.

In countries like that, life is a lot cheaper than it is here in the U.S. What I mean is, nobody in the world gives a crap until it's thrust into our faces. Much like this war has done. It's a savage place and it was like that before we got there.
I can pretty much guarantee that there are more Iraqi's dying over there since we invaded than before.....

War is an ugly thing and it is even uglier when it is started for WMD, no wait I mean Terrorism, no wait, I mean what was the new excuse brought forth by our Fearful leader? I forgot there have been so many.....

You are right to a degree but just because it is cheap does that make it less valuable? Shouldn't we head to Darfur next and try to stop that genocide? I mean we are the great liberators!

There are just some people that will trumpet whatever the government tells them....
Old 11-08-2006, 06:32 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Shouldn't we head to Darfur next and try to stop that genocide? I mean we are the great liberators!

There are just some people that will trumpet whatever the government tells them....
Looks like that decision is up to the Dem's in Congress now