Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Great Canadian Social Health Care!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:13 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Did you know Kinch had a radio in the coffee pot?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:51 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
haha
Old 08-25-2009, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Don't hate. Just trying to
Yeah, I am really bad at looking at my keyboard when I type, and then I dont spell check.

It would be nice if these text field would spell check real time.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySon
Yeah, I am really bad at looking at my keyboard when I type, and then I dont spell check.

It would be nice if these text field would spell check real time.
Switch to Firefox
Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 AM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Originally Posted by ScoobySon
Just saying the system is chill. Go to school, learn something, get a job, make bank, pay for insurance, go get you eyes checked. Is it that hard?

Oh my god, not everyone has healthcare. It must be fate. It also must be fate that they cant afford $20 a month.
What? 20 a month? I sure hope you dont mean health ins. in the USA I pay 365 per month, and I get raped everytime I see a doctor.

I was just at the SF airport, and was talking to a radiologist (a canadian citizen) that is working here in the states for a while. I asked her about the health care debate, her quote...
"The technology in America is amazing, no doubt. However, that being said, the one thing that keeps me from wanting to become a citizen of the USA is your horrific health care insurance system. Even people with amazing health insurance, that they pay much more for than we pay in canada still can't afford coverage when they get sick, its sad."
Old 08-27-2009, 12:04 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Eh, everyone will have horror stories either way. We need reform, we all agree on that. I do not agree on a government/public option. I do not agree on currently how the insurance works.

You drive? Yes
You have car insurance? Yes
Does the government give you subsidy for car insurance? No
Does government subsidize car insurance? No
Is there a government Car insurance program? No
Do we as a consumer SHOP FOR CAR INSURANCE BECAUSE WE CAN VIEW LEGITIMATELY AND COMPARE? YESSSSSSS!
Do you think it would be SUFFICIENT if government went in and dropped a GOVERNMENT PUBLIC OPTION TO COVER ALL DRIVERS?!? **** no.
You know how many millions of immigrants DONT drive with car insurance? Yes
You know HOW BANKRUPT AND BUTT****ED we'd be if we decided to give a "government/public option"? Yes.
If we won't pay $$ to insure people who decide to drive without insurance, then WHY would we do the same with HEALTH CARE? Not sure, but you retards who think the governments plan to fix this are absolutely out of your minds.

The reason why car insurance works is because there isn't government jumping around with their medicare/medicaid of car insurance.

Driving insurance is a law, but also a choice, healthcare is a benefit and also a choice.
None of these are RIGHTS. Never was stated in the constitution, just as driving isn't stated in the constitution.

Solution:

I agree we need healthcare reform, but the current bill is way off.
EVERYONE should ask for their $$ that it cost pretax for healthcare from their company, instead of the company providing it for them, and go out and do whatever they want with it, that is a better option. Change the way health insurance companies sell and operate and make it more like car insurance.

Get rid of medicare/medicaid. Let the consumer shop for their insurance, like they shop for car insurance. Let the option be nationwide instead of statewide, more competition, more decrease in prices. Let the market fix itself.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by horsecut54
What? 20 a month? I sure hope you dont mean health ins. in the USA I pay 365 per month, and I get raped everytime I see a doctor.
wow you need to do some comparison shopping. i pay 180 a month for health + $1million in life
Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM

^^^^

Cash For Caskets sounded better.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:21 PM

You can practically take anything and make a boom/bust thing for it and it will continue to destroy our economy for a quick little boom.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
AS much as I think the government shouldn't get involved... there is also the issue that Insurance companies are not in competition with one another. Whats the difference between having the government as a middle man or a huge insurance company as a middle man?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
AS much as I think the government shouldn't get involved... there is also the issue that Insurance companies are not in competition with one another. Whats the difference between having the government as a middle man or a huge insurance company as a middle man?
This might be true, not to sure who is the big back of ALL health insurance companies, but I don't think only one company handles it all. If this is the case, then there has to be reform. Kinda like purchasing a soda, and cocacola owns most of them big name brands. It doesn't matter if you buy a sprite or a coke kinda deal.

Competition is what drives the market down... government doesn't have to be afraid of bankruptcy. They are not built for business, they are built for running a few programs (military/postal service/etc.) and serve the country. A company without transparency is a company with a never ending pool of debt. They artificially operate and drive prices to the point where insurance companies cannot compete. People are estimating medicare/medicaid is 7-8 figures in debt. Take any other company who would even come close to BEING IN DEBT and they either file for bankruptcy or disappear.

Obviously, once the government grabs a hold of anything, they never disappear from the industry, that is our corrupt government. Permanent hold in the auto industry, permanent hold in the mass media, permanent hold in the banking industry. I feel like our freedoms are getting stripped slowly, one by one, and when people finally get the picture it will be too late. We, the citizens, know what we want and need. Our free market (or whatever is left of it) is a leading industry with breakthroughs and capacity to make $$ for great ideas. I will never agree with government expansion, it is already too big.

-They need to shrink, back out of the industry.
-We need a solid currency that is SAFE (IE gold/silver/something we can't print and make up)
-Need to set correct %'s of taxes and income that is ALL equal. That give us receipts. IE (70% ours, 15% military, 5% postal service, 10% whatever) Just making up #'s to show where our $$ is going to.
-NO such thing as bailouts.

That's just to name a few, Ron Paul stands that or it, but it looks like the rest of OUR CONGRESS that we appoint somehow are busy twiddling their thumbs in washington to even give that a second thought.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Friend and his officer friend had lasik done for 3k for both eyes in Norcal. It is that cheap now =P