i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   G20 Protests (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/g20-protests-210372/)

FW Motorsports 09-25-2009 10:02 AM

G20 Protests

Well, it's that time again...

[URL="http://www.infowars.com/military-attacks-american-citizens-with-sound-weapons-tear-gas-at-g20/"]Military Attacks American Citizens With Sound Weapons & Tear Gas At G20[/URL]

[QUOTE]National Guard, police, and other military units attacked American citizens with tear gas and deployed sound cannons today in response to an “unpermitted protest” as bedlam hit the streets on the first day of the G20 summit in downtown Pittsburgh.

The First Amendment is officially dead in the United States. If this isn’t martial law then we don’t know what is
[/QUOTE]

samurai 09-25-2009 10:11 AM

G20 protesters = kids with no jobs to be honest.

Irrational X 09-25-2009 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=samurai;2726049]G20 protesters = kids with no jobs to be honest.[/QUOTE]

and old people with no jobs

Irrational X 09-25-2009 01:05 PM

im not sure what exactly went on yesterday (did it get violent?) but i am immediately reminded of:

[QUOTE]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[/QUOTE]

Jin 09-25-2009 01:55 PM

so what were the protests about?

sigma pi 09-25-2009 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=Jin;2726262]so what were the protests about?[/QUOTE]
they are probably protesting the fact that military can not be used on its own citizens

Superglue WRX 09-25-2009 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;2726298]they are probably protesting the fact that military can not be used on its own citizens[/QUOTE]

What you did there, I sees it.

horsecut54 09-25-2009 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=samurai;2726049]G20 protesters = kids with no jobs to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Are you f-ing kidding me? So what were all those 9-12 protesters, good hardworking American hero's??? I didn't see any police shooting them with less leathal bullets, or sound cannon's, and I wonder why? Oh, thats right, they don't scare the staus quo, the power centers that control your life, and screw you everyday of your life, the 9-12 protesters are not dangerous. But they do talk about violent overthrow of the government, and I can assure you that the G-20 protesters are non-violent civil disobedients, so why the riot police???

It aint a real protest until the riot police show up!

Jin 09-25-2009 03:04 PM

g20 isnt the best place to protest...world leaders are all there, security will be ridiculous. can you imagine the possible impact if one of those foreign leaders got hurt by a protest or terrorist?

Jomama 09-25-2009 03:12 PM

There are legitimate protest groups out there trying to get there message out to the American people. Unfortunately, there are many anarchists that are there only looking for an excuse to destroy property and have what they call “fun”.

STiForFun 09-25-2009 03:30 PM

The G whatever# always have protesters, this is not news. Its just paranoia against the "New World Order", damn hippies need jobs.

horsecut54 09-25-2009 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=Jin;2726345]g20 isnt the best place to protest...world leaders are all there, security will be ridiculous. can you imagine the possible impact if one of those foreign leaders got hurt by a protest or terrorist?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what is so hard to understand about "NON-VIOLENT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE?" It means just that, NON-VIOLENT, that includes, not hurting people, not inciting violence, not killing people, and so forth....

Jin 09-25-2009 03:43 PM

[QUOTE=horsecut54;2726379]I don't know what is so hard to understand about "NON-VIOLENT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE?" It means just that, NON-VIOLENT, that includes, not hurting people, not inciting violence, not killing people, and so forth....[/QUOTE]

sure thats not a problem, but the problem is the possibility of turning into violence. i just dont think people should protest useless things, i've tried reading articles regarding this g20 protest but all i can find are tear gas and what not.
i just wanted to see what they were protesting about, it better not be "you rich countries have all our money! give it back!" or "they took our jooorb!"

like i said, g20 isnt the best place to protest, i dont think the government will take any chances when they have high profile guests.

iLoqin 09-25-2009 11:02 PM

[youtube]G8CNa_viKg0[/youtube]

Wow? To our own people?!?!?! He seemed to look like everyone else!
This is the only the beginning of Martial Law on our own people!

sigma pi 09-26-2009 09:18 AM

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX;2726313]What you did there, I sees it.[/QUOTE]
:lol: