Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Finally, the gloves are off and Republicans are gonna kick some democrat @SS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:30 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Finally, the gloves are off and Republicans are gonna kick some democrat @SS!

A right: (Shays on Foley "scandal"- At least nobody died!)
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/....ap/index.html

A left: (sen minority leader Reid in real estate scandal!)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15227183/
http://washingtontimes.com/national/...0427-8960r.htm

And for the knockout, which Republican is going to finish 'em?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:02 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
The GOP is through, and rightfully so.
They deserve to have their asses handed to 'em.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Meh, wishful thinking. Both sides are as corrupt as the other. It would be like fistfighting while in freefall. Besides, the republcians already bled out everything this country ever had to offer, from the largest deficit in our history to the largest reduction of personal rights in our history - so it's not like they have much to lose. And everyone knows you never fight someone with nothing to lose. I think we should have a political witch hunt - except not just catch people doing things wrong and make big deals out of them - but go house to house and lynch them all, they are all worthless, scheming, morally corrupt people as far as I am concerned, both sides. They have to be to get to that position, as they have to be to climb the ladder of success that our current government built. I don't mean bush, I mean our entire system. ARRRGGSS!

The words republican and democrat don't mean anything anymore, except for the people who pick sides like they are a sports team. HellaDumb, if this is the case, you are a british soccer hooligan on 15 pints of beer and anerobic steroids. We might as well be yelling "TASTES GREAT" and "LESS FILLING" at each other - at least that way maybe some hot chicks would show up.

Last edited by constellation; 10-11-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
The GOP is through, and rightfully so.
They deserve to have their asses handed to 'em.
It's true...

On a good note The Schwarzenegger/Leno interview went very well. You can tell Arnold is more moderate. Gives me hope for some of the Republican party. Angelides should be pissed: http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22 He even commented on the ridiclous Angelides campaign that attempts to link Bush's incompetence to him just because he helped in the 2004 Presidential campaign.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:59 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Salty
It's true...

On a good note The Schwarzenegger/Leno interview went very well. You can tell Arnold is more moderate. Gives me hope for some of the Republican party. Angelides should be pissed: http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22 He even commented on the ridiclous Angelides campaign that attempts to link Bush's incompetence to him just because he helped in the 2004 Presidential campaign.
What's even better. . .
Originally Posted by article
A recent Los Angeles Times poll showed the governor, a former bodybuilding champion and Hollywood action star, leading Angelides by 17 percentage points.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:14 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
I do not understand how even those who consistantly vote one way or another - be it Republican or Democrat - could find the fact that a single party holds both congress and the executive a positive step for america. I sincerely hope that the democrats take hold of the house or the senate (the latter seems more likely), simply because it should hopefully lead to a more balanced congress (as it pertains to power balance between parties). Secondly, I sincerely hope that the Republicans can hold power in at least one of the congressional branches. An all Democrat congress, possibly leading to a Democrat in the presidency as well, is just as bad for the American people as an all Republican congress IMO.

Just theorizing and putting my opinion out there. I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and wanted to throw a little into the circle.
Cheers
-Jeff
Old 10-12-2006, 09:05 PM

Arnold is a liberal in a moderate's clothing. Just wait until term 2. "I'll be back."
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
I dunno...at least the Democrats were busted Hetero and not gay pedophile...like the repubs....
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by RedStage
I dunno...at least the Democrats were busted Hetero and not gay pedophile...like the repubs....
Now there's a zinger.

The real question is when are us schmucks gonna get smart & vote 3rd party?
Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Now there's a zinger.

The real question is when are us schmucks gonna get smart & vote 3rd party?
The Republican and Democratic parties will always play the role of Chicken Little and tell you that voting for a third party candidate has no chance of winning but will result in fewer votes for the REAL candidates. Examples of candidates are H. Ross Perot and Ralph Nader.

The two parties in power do not want to relinquish any seats. What it's probably going to take are major scandals, either of a personal nature or one of corruption, that involves both parties at a high level. A couple of ******** or outing CIA operatives will not be enough for citizens to jump ship for the independents.

Within each party are moderates but the parties have come to promote what they consider core ideals in the candidates of their choosing. You can see how the parties have already decided who the chosen one is during most primaries. This effectively shuts out most moderates within the parties because the big money will be on the guy (or gal) that marches down the straight and narrow party path. This is the impression I got soon after Democrat Steve Westley announced himself as a candidate for Governor - the Democratic machine went into high gear to make Angelides their man.

I think maybe one way to elect moderates of any party is to start at the local level. There are usually candidates running on a variety of platforms such as Green Party, Libertarian, etc. There will also be more chance for moderate Democrats and Republicans running for things like Assemblyman because the little guy has a better chance at a campaign that doesn't cost a billion dollars.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 10-13-2006, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by RedStage
Umm, but gays think homosexuality is more pure than hetero, and that the age of consent should be lowered... aren't they being hypocrytical now?
Old 10-13-2006, 05:53 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Umm, but gays think homosexuality is more pure than hetero, and that the age of consent should be lowered... aren't they being hypocrytical now?

Hahaha, wait - ALL gays want to have the age of consent lowered? Do you know any gay people?

I also heard gay people EAT CHILDREN AND CRAP HYDROELECTIC POWER!

Hmm, way to generalize there, bud.