Go Back  i-Club > Open Topic Forums > Teh Politics Forum
Exposing the money behind fake "grass roots" anti-healthcare movement >

Exposing the money behind fake "grass roots" anti-healthcare movement

Notices
Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Exposing the money behind fake "grass roots" anti-healthcare movement

Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 AM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
saqwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,808
Car Info: 2015 WRX
Exposing the money behind fake "grass roots" anti-healthcare movement

DISCLAIMER: I do not want government-run health care. I also do not like insurance companies -- because they are the actual "death panels." (1)(2) What I hate more than totalitarianism and corporatism though are liars, deceivers and manipulators of the body politic. Having said that, the tactics used to argue against the current health care proposals are abhorrent and disgusting -- not to mention disingenuous and generally filled with lies and twisted half-truths.

So now, enjoy the segment from this effeminate man, and even if you are against government-run health care LIKE I AM, remember that seeking the truth is a noble effort.

saqwarrior is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 09:30 AM
  #2  
VIP Member
iTrader: (18)
 
ipozestu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Subabrew Crew
Posts: 7,570
Car Info: Broken Subarus
It doesn't matter man. Who do you think is printing all of the support signs. The town hall meeting are staged. The alloted time for questions are being given to those who may be on the fence or in support. It's a govt/media frenzy. The idea that we'll meet with the middle class at town hall meetings is a big mistake. Labeling those that are against it as anti american, disruptors, ect. These guys are f'n nuts if they think I'll be happy with a state run health care option.

I can't hear the video, but consider the source.

Last edited by ipozestu; 08-12-2009 at 09:32 AM.
ipozestu is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
  #3  
Registered User
 
Superglue WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I was up above it, now I'm down in it
Posts: 5,686
Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by ipozestu View Post
I can't hear the video, but consider the source.
I don't trust Maddow any further than I can throw her life partner.
Superglue WRX is offline  
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
  #4  
iClub Silver Vendor
iTrader: (25)
 
FW Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Participating in some Anarchy!
Posts: 15,494
Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Obama Hitler poster snafu!

See the irony of the Dems claim for yourself.
FW Motorsports is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 AM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
saqwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,808
Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by ipozestu View Post
It doesn't matter man. Who do you think is printing all of the support signs. The town hall meeting are staged. The alloted time for questions are being given to those who may be on the fence or in support. It's a govt/media frenzy. The idea that we'll meet with the middle class at town hall meetings is a big mistake. Labeling those that are against it as anti american, disruptors, ect. These guys are f'n nuts if they think I'll be happy with a state run health care option.

I can't hear the video, but consider the source.
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX View Post
I don't trust Maddow any further than I can throw her life partner.
Passing judgment without even being able to watch the video is patently ridiculous. Don't judge it without seeing the content. And yes, it does matter; how can there ever be any hope for a better situation if all intellectual and constructive discourse is drowned out by the attack of angry mobs?

You're right that both sides are using questionable tactics -- but there's enough of a conservative slant on this forum that I figured we all need a good dose of reality check from the other side.

The difference with this video is that Maddow provides her sources and points you in the direction of being able to confirm her report. She literally says "Open up a web browser and go to..." and walks you through it. Whether you like her or not (and I don't, for the record), that is honest reporting, and denying the information is only denying yourself the opportunity of growth and knowledge.

Don't be so ****ing closed minded, people.

Last edited by saqwarrior; 08-13-2009 at 08:59 AM.
saqwarrior is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:58 AM
  #6  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
saqwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,808
Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Obama Hitler poster snafu!

See the irony of the Dems claim for yourself.
Irony, yes. Hypocrisy, certainly. Discrediting? Nope.

Politics in this country (I can't speak for other countries) is abysmal and corrupt. You know how I feel about both the major parties: they're equal offenders on all fronts. Bush is a criminal for misleading us into a war we didn't need to go into, and Obama allows airstrikes that for every 1 member of Taliban killed, kills off 49 innocent civilians -- he's a ****ing murderer.
saqwarrior is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
  #7  
Registered User
 
Superglue WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I was up above it, now I'm down in it
Posts: 5,686
Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by saqwarrior View Post
Passing judgment without even being able to watch the video is patently ridiculous. Don't judge it without seeing the content. And yes, it does matter; how can there ever be any hope for a better situation if all intellectual and constructive discourse is drowned out by the attack of angry mobs?

You're right that both sides are using questionable tactics -- but there's enough of a conservative slant on this forum that I figured we all need a good dose of reality check from the other side.

The difference with this video is that Maddow provides her sources and points you in the direction of being able to confirm her report. She literally says "Open up a web browser and go to..." and walks you through it. Whether you like her or not (and I don't, for the record), that is honest reporting, and denying the information is only denying yourself the opportunity of growth and knowledge.

Don't be so ****ing closed minded, people.
Maddow fell of my radar a long time ago. She is one of the biggest liberal fanboys/girls on that network.

I'm not saying she's lying in that video, I'm saying I've just written her off.
Superglue WRX is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 10:02 AM
  #8  
VIP Member
iTrader: (18)
 
ipozestu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Subabrew Crew
Posts: 7,570
Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by saqwarrior View Post
Passing judgment without even being able to watch the video is patently ridiculous. Don't judge it without seeing the content. And yes, it does matter; how can there ever be any hope for a better situation if all intellectual and constructive discourse is drowned out by the attack of angry mobs?

You're right that both sides are using questionable tactics -- but there's enough of a conservative slant on this forum that I figured we all need a good dose of reality check from the other side.

The difference with this video is that Maddow provides her sources and points you in the direction of being able to confirm her report. She literally says "Open up a web browser and go to..." and walks you through it. Whether you like her or not (and I don't, for the record), that is honest reporting, and denying the information is only denying yourself the opportunity of growth and knowledge.

Don't be so ****ing closed minded, people.
I don't have speakers at work. I watched it at home. My response "consider the source". MSNBC can suck it.
ipozestu is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 AM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
saqwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,808
Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by ipozestu View Post
I don't have speakers at work. I watched it at home. My response "consider the source". MSNBC can suck it.
I don't think you watched it. The source is public record, corporations, lobbyists and former Bush administration officials. Maddow shows you the sources.

Enjoy your blinders.
saqwarrior is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
  #10  
VIP Member
iTrader: (18)
 
ipozestu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Subabrew Crew
Posts: 7,570
Car Info: Broken Subarus
I guess my blinders keep me from being " enlightend." My bad. If it were a report from any of the "main stream" media outlets my response would be the same. FOX MSNBC CNN each one has an agenda trying to appeal to a certain base. Any "news" that is presented from those sources has been chopped, edited, skewed and spun so much, it pointless to assume any of it to be accurate. I'd rather get my "news" from Extra or TMZ
ipozestu is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 01:02 PM
  #11  
VIP Member
iTrader: (17)
 
VRT MBasile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 22,776
Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I think it's funny that the politicians against health care reform have been found out to be flat out lying about the statistics they quote. They are like little ****ing children that can't actually form a thought against the idea, so they just make up bull ****.
VRT MBasile is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
  #12  
VIP Member
iTrader: (17)
 
VRT MBasile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 22,776
Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by ipozestu View Post
I guess my blinders keep me from being " enlightend." My bad. If it were a report from any of the "main stream" media outlets my response would be the same. FOX MSNBC CNN each one has an agenda trying to appeal to a certain base. Any "news" that is presented from those sources has been chopped, edited, skewed and spun so much, it pointless to assume any of it to be accurate. I'd rather get my "news" from Extra or TMZ
Unfortunately there really is no unbiased news source. If you want to get news without it being prepackaged with someone else's theories, you have to look at what they are reporting on for yourself.
VRT MBasile is offline  
Old 08-14-2009, 02:10 PM
  #13  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
saqwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,808
Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by ipozestu View Post
I guess my blinders keep me from being " enlightend." My bad. If it were a report from any of the "main stream" media outlets my response would be the same. FOX MSNBC CNN each one has an agenda trying to appeal to a certain base. Any "news" that is presented from those sources has been chopped, edited, skewed and spun so much, it pointless to assume any of it to be accurate. I'd rather get my "news" from Extra or TMZ
It's not about you being enlightened, it's about you refusing to see the validity of anything that clashes with your beliefs.

Ignore Maddow and look at the information she provides, and then fact-check it for yourself, for ****'s sake.
saqwarrior is offline  
Old 08-14-2009, 02:11 PM
  #14  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
saqwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,808
Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile View Post
I think it's funny that the politicians against health care reform have been found out to be flat out lying about the statistics they quote. They are like little ****ing children that can't actually form a thought against the idea, so they just make up bull ****.
Keep in mind that the politicians pushing for the health care bills also quote bull**** statistics, like the "50 million Americans uninsured" phrase that keeps popping up.
saqwarrior is offline  
Old 08-14-2009, 02:12 PM
  #15  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
saqwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,808
Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile View Post
Unfortunately there really is no unbiased news source. If you want to get news without it being prepackaged with someone else's theories, you have to look at what they are reporting on for yourself.
I'm glad someone else here gets it. The video shows you where you can look at this information for yourself.
saqwarrior is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exposing the money behind fake "grass roots" anti-healthcare movement


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:12 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands