i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Exposing the money behind fake "grass roots" anti-healthcare movement (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/exposing-money-behind-fake-grass-roots-anti-healthcare-movement-208398/)

saqwarrior 08-12-2009 09:09 AM

Exposing the money behind fake "grass roots" anti-healthcare movement

DISCLAIMER: I do not want government-run health care. I also do not like insurance companies -- because [I]they[/I] are the [I]actual[/I] "death panels." [url=http://www.texaskaos.com/diary/6082/healthcare-death-panels-already-exist](1)[/url]([url=http://allspinzone.com/wp/2009/08/11/nataline-sarkisyan-and-private-insurance-death-panels/]2[/url]) What I hate more than totalitarianism and corporatism though are liars, deceivers and manipulators of the body politic. Having said that, the tactics used to argue [i]against[/i] the current health care proposals are abhorrent and disgusting -- not to mention disingenuous and generally filled with lies and twisted half-truths.

So now, enjoy the segment from this effeminate man, and even if you are against government-run health care LIKE I AM, remember that seeking the truth is a noble effort.

[youtube]Ct--N3hJfxs[/youtube]

ipozestu 08-12-2009 09:30 AM

It doesn't matter man. Who do you think is printing all of the support signs. The town hall meeting are staged. The alloted time for questions are being given to those who may be on the fence or in support. It's a govt/media frenzy. The idea that we'll meet with the middle class at town hall meetings is a big mistake. Labeling those that are against it as anti american, disruptors, ect. These guys are f'n nuts if they think I'll be happy with a state run health care option.

I can't hear the video, but consider the source.

Superglue WRX 08-12-2009 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2688884]I can't hear the video, but consider the source.[/QUOTE]

I don't trust Maddow any further than I can throw her life partner.

FW Motorsports 08-12-2009 03:03 PM

[URL="http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2009/08/busted-obama-as-hitler-poster-was.html"]Obama Hitler poster snafu![/URL]

See the irony of the Dems claim for yourself. :)

saqwarrior 08-13-2009 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2688884]It doesn't matter man. Who do you think is printing all of the support signs. The town hall meeting are staged. The alloted time for questions are being given to those who may be on the fence or in support. It's a govt/media frenzy. The idea that we'll meet with the middle class at town hall meetings is a big mistake. Labeling those that are against it as anti american, disruptors, ect. These guys are f'n nuts if they think I'll be happy with a state run health care option.

I can't hear the video, but consider the source.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Superglue WRX;2689286]I don't trust Maddow any further than I can throw her life partner.[/QUOTE]

Passing judgment without even being able to watch the video is patently ridiculous. Don't judge it without seeing the content. And yes, it [i]does[/i] matter; how can there ever be any hope for a better situation if all intellectual and constructive discourse is drowned out by the attack of angry mobs?

You're right that both sides are using questionable tactics -- but there's enough of a conservative slant on this forum that I figured we all need a good dose of reality check from the other side.

The difference with this video is that Maddow provides her sources and points you in the direction of being able to confirm her report. She literally says "Open up a web browser and go to..." and walks you through it. Whether you like her or not (and I don't, for the record), that is honest reporting, and denying the information is only denying yourself the opportunity of growth and knowledge.

Don't be so ****ing closed minded, people.

saqwarrior 08-13-2009 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2689314][URL="http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2009/08/busted-obama-as-hitler-poster-was.html"]Obama Hitler poster snafu![/URL]

See the irony of the Dems claim for yourself. :)[/QUOTE]

Irony, yes. Hypocrisy, certainly. Discrediting? Nope.

Politics in this country (I can't speak for other countries) is abysmal and corrupt. You know how I feel about both the major parties: they're equal offenders on all fronts. Bush is a criminal for misleading us into a war we didn't need to go into, and Obama allows airstrikes that for every 1 member of Taliban killed, kills off 49 innocent civilians -- he's a ****ing murderer.

Superglue WRX 08-13-2009 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2690013]Passing judgment without even being able to watch the video is patently ridiculous. Don't judge it without seeing the content. And yes, it [i]does[/i] matter; how can there ever be any hope for a better situation if all intellectual and constructive discourse is drowned out by the attack of angry mobs?

You're right that both sides are using questionable tactics -- but there's enough of a conservative slant on this forum that I figured we all need a good dose of reality check from the other side.

The difference with this video is that Maddow provides her sources and points you in the direction of being able to confirm her report. She literally says "Open up a web browser and go to..." and walks you through it. Whether you like her or not (and I don't, for the record), that is honest reporting, and denying the information is only denying yourself the opportunity of growth and knowledge.

Don't be so ****ing closed minded, people.[/QUOTE]

Maddow fell of my radar a long time ago. She is one of the biggest liberal fanboys/girls on that network.

I'm not saying she's lying in that video, I'm saying I've just written her off.

ipozestu 08-13-2009 10:02 AM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2690013]Passing judgment without even being able to watch the video is patently ridiculous. Don't judge it without seeing the content. And yes, it [i]does[/i] matter; how can there ever be any hope for a better situation if all intellectual and constructive discourse is drowned out by the attack of angry mobs?

Don't be so ****ing closed minded, people.[/QUOTE]
I don't have speakers at work. I watched it at home. My response "consider the source". MSNBC can suck it.

saqwarrior 08-13-2009 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2690074]I don't have speakers at work. I watched it at home. My response "consider the source". MSNBC can suck it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you watched it. The source is public record, corporations, lobbyists and former Bush administration officials. Maddow [i]shows you[/i] the sources.

Enjoy your blinders.

ipozestu 08-13-2009 12:56 PM

I guess my blinders keep me from being " enlightend." My bad. If it were a report from any of the "main stream" media outlets my response would be the same. FOX MSNBC CNN each one has an agenda trying to appeal to a certain base. Any "news" that is presented from those sources has been chopped, edited, skewed and spun so much, it pointless to assume any of it to be accurate. I'd rather get my "news" from [U]Extra[/U] or [U]TMZ[/U]

VRT MBasile 08-13-2009 01:02 PM

I think it's funny that the politicians against health care reform have been found out to be flat out lying about the statistics they quote. They are like little ****ing children that can't actually form a thought against the idea, so they just make up bull ****.

VRT MBasile 08-13-2009 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2690336]I guess my blinders keep me from being " enlightend." My bad. If it were a report from any of the "main stream" media outlets my response would be the same. FOX MSNBC CNN each one has an agenda trying to appeal to a certain base. Any "news" that is presented from those sources has been chopped, edited, skewed and spun so much, it pointless to assume any of it to be accurate. I'd rather get my "news" from [U]Extra[/U] or [U]TMZ[/U][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there really is no unbiased news source. If you want to get news without it being prepackaged with someone else's theories, you have to look at what they are reporting on for yourself.

saqwarrior 08-14-2009 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2690336]I guess my blinders keep me from being " enlightend." My bad. If it were a report from any of the "main stream" media outlets my response would be the same. FOX MSNBC CNN each one has an agenda trying to appeal to a certain base. Any "news" that is presented from those sources has been chopped, edited, skewed and spun so much, it pointless to assume any of it to be accurate. I'd rather get my "news" from [U]Extra[/U] or [U]TMZ[/U][/QUOTE]

It's not about you being enlightened, it's about you refusing to see the validity of anything that clashes with your beliefs.

Ignore Maddow and look at the [i]information she provides[/i], and then fact-check it for yourself, for ****'s sake.

saqwarrior 08-14-2009 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2690345]I think it's funny that the politicians against health care reform have been found out to be flat out lying about the statistics they quote. They are like little ****ing children that can't actually form a thought against the idea, so they just make up bull ****.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the politicians pushing for the health care bills also quote bull**** statistics, like the "50 million Americans uninsured" phrase that keeps popping up.

saqwarrior 08-14-2009 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2690348]Unfortunately there really is no unbiased news source. If you want to get news without it being prepackaged with someone else's theories, [COLOR="Red"]you have to look at what they are reporting on for yourself[/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone else here gets it. The video shows you where you can look at this information for yourself.