Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Explaining what isn't show on main Media...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Matching up credentials to credentials, Obama had absolutely 0 chance of winning. He won because of the media blowing him up like a rockstar. That tends to show people are in charge of the mass media and what is shown.
Really? Matching up credentials Obama had a good chance of winning because all he had to do was to NOT be a Republican. Although, I must say, Palin definitely gave him an extra boost towards the end.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:49 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Not to mention "media" is actually a plural word.

The majority of mass media are owned by 6 major corporations. You're going to try to tell me that those 6 corporations are going to try and help hide the "truths" of a liberal president? Yeah, not buyin' it chief.
I'm not saying iLoqin is right (god forbid), but those six corporations will do what they can to protect their position and prosperity, just like any corporation. Don't make the mistake of believing that they give a **** about the fourth estate.

Note: I draw a distinct line between corporations and businesses. While all corporations are a type of business, not all business are corporations. When you are controlled by a board of directors that only cares about the share value of its stockholders, you are setting yourself up for all kinds of ethical gray areas.

Recommended reading/viewing:
Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda (Open Media) (Paperback)
Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media (Paperback)
Manufacturing Consent - DVD (1993)
Old 08-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Car Info: Nadda
This is why the internet has become so popular, although I've read some stories that google is pulling Ron Paul searches on some of his main articles and trying to hide them I cannot verify. But Ron Paul's popularity, along with many other people who speak out against the government has grown dramatically with the internet population.