i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Degenerates Kill Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell's Dog (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/degenerates-kill-navy-seal-marcus-luttrells-dog-205019/)

FW Motorsports 06-03-2009 08:32 AM

Degenerates Kill Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell's Dog

[URL="http://www.mahalo.com/marcus-luttrell"]Some background on Mr Luttrell[/URL]

[URL="http://www.vetvoice.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2640"]The story of his dog, Dasy, being shot dead.[/URL]

ryball 06-03-2009 09:45 AM

[url]https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202773&highlight=luttrell[/url]

Yeah, still unbelievable. What the hell is the matter with people.

saqwarrior 06-03-2009 12:04 PM

[quote]Punks joyriding around killing dogs in rural Texas murdered Navy SEAL and Lone Survivor author Marcus Luttrell's dog last week.[/quote]

"Murdered"? Really? Not to be insensitive, but c'mon.

Over 40,000 [i]children[/i] die every day from starvation, malnutrition and other hunger-related ailments, and this dead [i]dog[/i] is getting headlines and national attention?

And what about the thousands of animals--dogs included--used for laboratory experiments every day? I guess that's ok since they're not the pets of a Navy SEAL.

Give me a ****ing break.

Magish 06-03-2009 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2629663]"Murdered"? Really? Not to be insensitive, but c'mon.

Over 40,000 [i]children[/i] die every day from starvation, malnutrition and other hunger-related ailments, and this dead [i]dog[/i] is getting headlines and national attention?

And what about the thousands of animals--dogs included--used for laboratory experiments every day? I guess that's ok since they're not the pets of a Navy SEAL.

Give me a ****ing break.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. This isn't news.

Though Glen Beck's plug about "responsible gun owners" was pretty entertaining. I was waiting throughout the interview for the point where he was going to try to make a political point out of a completely non-political issue. I had to wait until the end, but it did eventually come.

JArnaud 06-03-2009 01:09 PM

You both have got to be kidding me. This Navy Seal, who has committed his life to protecting the freedoms that allow us to post dumb ass remarks like those above, has just had his dog & companion executed in his front yard. Have a heart. Of course it is news. The only rediculous aspect of this news is that the degenerate who did this only faces 2 years. I think it should be more like 15 years at the very minimum. No, that doesn't mean that testing on lab animals is okay, nor does it take away from the starving kids throughout the world. Both of those are a shame. But seriously, you must not have ever owned a pet, and definitely not a dog. Have a ****ing heart.

Magish 06-03-2009 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=JArnaud;2629700]You both have got to be kidding me. This Navy Seal, who has committed his life to protecting the freedoms that allow us to post dumb ass remarks like those above, has just had his dog & companion executed in his front yard. Have a heart. Of course it is news. The only rediculous aspect of this news is that the degenerate who did this only faces 2 years. I think it should be more like 15 years at the very minimum. No, that doesn't mean that testing on lab animals is okay, nor does it take away from the starving kids throughout the world. Both of those are a shame. But seriously, you must not have ever owned a pet, and definitely not a dog. Have a ****ing heart.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on.

Yes, it sucks and is awful that what these punk kids did. They should be tar and feathered and put in a cell with a big black man named bubba. But you really think this is news worthy? As saqwarrior pointed out, thousands of kids die everyday from preventable illnesses and hunger. And yet, ten minutes of what could have been an informative news broadcast was wasted on some degenerate sons of *****es in some bum**** texas town.

I get it, he's a Navy Seal and he served his country. He's also a complete badass. I feel bad for the guy, but that doesn't mean that ten minutes needs to be dedicated to his story on the news.

Superglue WRX 06-03-2009 01:18 PM

Human interest stories =! news

It's a very compelling story and demands empathy, however it's just one out of many very unfortunate stories that made it into the spotlight. I don't mean to dismiss the man's plight, but there are many equally sad stories out there that don't make headlines for whatever reasons.

FW Motorsports 06-03-2009 01:48 PM

What a bunch of whiney *****es.

I agree, "murder" is a too strong of a word, and in the Grand Scheme of Things, not very news worthy.
But, In my fortyish years of life, there has never been a day without starvation, huger, disease, etc.
However, this is the first time I've heard that the sole surviving memeber of a SEAL team has had his dog shot by dirtbags.

And since y'all brought it up, what have you done to ease world hunger and general ****iness?
Personally, they mean nothing to me.

sigma pi 06-03-2009 03:15 PM

im all for animal testing

saqwarrior 06-03-2009 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2629755]What a bunch of whiney *****es.

[COLOR="Red"]I agree, "murder" is a too strong of a word, and in the Grand Scheme of Things, not very news worthy.[/COLOR]
But, In my fortyish years of life, there has never been a day without starvation, huger, disease, etc.
However, this is the first time I've heard that the sole surviving memeber of a SEAL team has had his dog shot by dirtbags.[/quote]

The highlighted part was my point. As usual, it seems we agree. ;)

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2629755]And since y'all brought it up, what have you done to ease world hunger and general ****iness?
Personally, they mean nothing to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm very active in politics, donating my time and money to causes I believe in, including human rights organizations.

saqwarrior 06-03-2009 03:42 PM

Maybe I'm just callous to this because I've been through so many pets in my life, hah.

saqwarrior 06-03-2009 03:46 PM

Make no mistake about it: the people that cover this story aren't doing it because they care, they're doing it because they want to use this man's personal loss as a tool to influence and indoctrinate you, the hungry viewers.

FW Motorsports 06-03-2009 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2629901]Maybe I'm just callous to this because I've been through so many pets in my life, hah.[/QUOTE]

I live on a farm; I have tons of animals and I cry every time one of 'em dies.

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2629907]Make no mistake about it: the people that cover this story aren't doing it because they care, they're doing it because they want to use this man's personal loss as a tool to influence and indoctrinate you, the hungry viewers.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree with you, but, to me, it's still a compelling story.

BTW, I do not donate time/money/effort to feed any one other than who's important to me.
I got this attitude from watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.
Man is the only animal that allows the weak to survive and infect the herd.

mjc1055 06-03-2009 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2629907]Make no mistake about it: the people that cover this story aren't doing it because they care, they're doing it because they want to use this man's personal loss as a tool to influence and indoctrinate you, the hungry viewers.[/QUOTE]

In reality, the majority of the media isn't nearly that calculating. The reason this story was written is the very same reason that this thread exists, and that people are talking about it: It's controversial, and interesting.

EDIT: I didn't actually click the link, but now that I have, I retract my previous statement. That is obviously a biased source, but my original point still stands about most typical news stories. It's still "news," however, as is evidenced by the fact that it's created discussion here and elsewhere.

sigma pi 06-03-2009 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=Paul@dbtuned;2629938]

BTW, I do not donate time/money/effort to feed any one other than who's important to me.
I got this attitude from watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.
Man is the only animal that allows the weak to survive and infect the herd.[/QUOTE]

sounds like something this guy would say

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HvCDKMxrMd0/SS2tmAwkx_I/AAAAAAAAAGc/Hss8g5saGVo/s400/DwightBobblehead.jpg[/IMG]