Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Clinton Officials Protest 9/11 TV Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:16 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Clinton Officials Protest 9/11 TV Series

Originally Posted by Story
NEW YORK Sep 7, 2006 (AP)— A "terribly wrong" miniseries about events leading to the Sept. 11 attacks blame President Clinton's policies, former Clinton administration officials said in letters demanding that ABC correct it or not air it.

"By ABC's own standard, ABC has gotten it terribly wrong," Lindsey and Band said in their letter.

"The content of this drama is factually and incontrovertibly inaccurate and ABC has a duty to fully correct all errors or pull the drama entirely. It is unconscionable to mislead the American public about one of the most horrendous tragedies our country has ever known."

Should we laugh or cry?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:29 AM

More like not watch this piece of crap that makes crap up to make one side look better than the other.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
If it was FOX you could guarantee that the Repubs had something to do with the miniseries....not so sure about ABC...

I won't watch it that's for sure.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I say anything that uses 9/11 to make a dollar is bull###t and I wont watch it. Also, we dont really know the whole truth about what happened that day, so how is there going to be enough information to do an entire miniseries.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by RedStage
If it was FOX you could guarantee that the Repubs had something to do with the miniseries....not so sure about ABC...

I won't watch it that's for sure.
The guy who wrote it and directed it is a strong conservative I believe. Also the co-chair from the republican side was an advisor for it. Sadly he let them do this piece of ****.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
It's no secret that events to plot 9/11 took place during both administrations (more so for Clinton). But I'm in the same boat as 06WRX4ME in that it's way too soon to be making money on this. I won’t watch it just like I haven’t watched anything from hollywood on flight 93 or the WTC.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty
It's no secret that events to plot 9/11 took place during both administrations (more so for Clinton). But I'm in the same boat as 06WRX4ME in that it's way too soon to be making money on this. I won’t watch it just like I haven’t watched anything from hollywood on flight 93 or the WTC.
Ditto....
Old 09-07-2006, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14715386/

Do you feel ABC is misleading the public through its dramatization of Sept. 11 in "The Path to 9/11"? * 70235 responses

60% Yes

26% No

14% I'll decide after watching the movie

Interesting.. wonder if it is true..

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/07/fbi-agent-quit/

Last edited by dr3d1zzl3; 09-07-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Another interesting link..

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/07/accidents-occur/

ABC is marketing its docudrama, The Path to 9/11, as “based on the 9/11 Commission Report.” It is defending the films multiple inaccuracies by claiming some scenes were “drawn from a variety of sources.”

But yesterday, writer and avowed conservative Cyrus Nowrasteh admitted that the films most controversial scene was based on nothing at all. Nowrasteh told a right-wing radio station that the scene was “improvised.” From the New York Times:

Mr. Berger’s character is also seen abruptly hanging up during a conversation with a C.I.A. officer at a critical moment of a military operation. In an interview yesterday with KRLA-AM in Los Angeles, Cyrus Nowrasteh, the mini-series’ screenwriter and one of its producers, said that moment had been improvised.

“Sandy Berger did not slam down the phone,” Mr. Nowrasteh said. “That is not in the report. That was not scripted. But you know when you’re making a movie, a lot of things happen on set that are unscripted. Accidents occur, spontaneous reactions of actors performing a role take place. It’s the job of the filmmaker to say, ‘You know, maybe we can use that.’ ”

Nowrasteh’s attitude appears completely inconsistent with ABC Entertainment President Steve McPherson. In promotional materials accompanying the film, McPherson said, “When you take on the responsibility of telling the story behind such an important event, it is absolutely critical that you get it right.”

Digg It!
lol
Old 09-07-2006, 08:46 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Considering Rush Limbaugh was praising this movie, and telling his audience what a great movie it is, I severely doubt that it will bring much more light on the matter. Both administrations ****ed up. The End. Case Closed.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:53 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
what was it they said on southpark.....13 years?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

Well looks like they are changing some stuff to make it more "accurate"

http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-wk...cl-tv-features

haha
Old 09-08-2006, 05:42 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by 06WRX4ME
I say anything that uses 9/11 to make a dollar is bull###t and I wont watch it. Also, we dont really know the whole truth about what happened that day, so how is there going to be enough information to do an entire miniseries.
Just playing Devil's Advocate here... So you're not going to see the Nicholas Cage movie "WTC"? or "Flight 93"
Old 09-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Every single comminsioner on the 9/11 report has stated that this movie is absolutel bull**** and lies..

such a ****ing joke, they are doing complete propaganda bull**** that is 100% inaccurate, if you are gunna make a movie support the facts...

Yes bill clinton had ot face alqaeda and quess what he was SLAMMED when he was talking about bombing usama bin laden, in 1998 when bill clinton brought up that Usama Bin Laden was a threat and went to bomb him, he was SLAMMED by republicans saying that he was "wagging the dog" and just doing this to get away from the monica lewinksy scandal. Now republicans are saying that Bill clinton didn't do enough... LOL gotta love them

This is bull**** that ABC is willing to put such propaganda bull**** on public air way, it is also against their rights to do so. This is slander and is illegal

I saw WTC, it was a good movie.. They didn't focus on the politics, they didn't even focus on who did what, infact they don't mention ANYTHING about who did the hijacking, they really do just focus on the two men who went through hardship when they where down under the rubal. it is a 2+ hour depressing *** movie though, but still good....

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law - Cite This Source new!
Main Entry: de·fa·ma·tion
Pronunciation: "de-f&-'mA-sh&n
Function: noun
1 : communication to third parties of false statements about a person that injure the reputation of or deter others from associating with that person —see also LIBEL, SLANDER New York Times Company v. Sullivan in the IMPORTANT CASES section —compare DISPARAGEMENT, FALSE LIGHT, SLANDER OF TITLE
2 : a defamatory communication <every repetition of the defamation is a publication —W. L. Prosser and W. Pacific Reporter Keeton>
you aren't allowed to spew bull****, that you know is bull**** and everyone knows is bull****

what I find funny, while I don't really like Michael Moore... is how ABC denied playing Ferenheight 9/11 on the air ways because it is to "political"'.. yet this is not?? sorta makes you think...

Last edited by GT35 STI; 09-08-2006 at 02:17 PM.