Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

American-born* Chinese still helping ensure China's Future Supremacy

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:28 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
American-born* Chinese still helping ensure China's Future Supremacy

Engineer convicted of stealing secrets :fighting0098:
Calif. jury finds Chinese-born U.S. citizen guilty of stealing military data
BREAKING NEWS
The Associated Press
Updated: 1:07 p.m. PT May 10, 2007
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Jurors convicted a Chinese-born engineer Thursday of conspiring to export U.S. defense technology to China, including data on an electronic propulsion system that could make submarines virtually undetectable.

Chi Mak also was found guilty of being an unregistered foreign agent. Prosecutors had dropped a charge of actually exporting defense articles.

When the verdict was read, Mak at first showed no emotion but then appeared to hold back tears as a defense attorney rubbed his back. He faces up to 35 years in prison when he is sentenced Sept. 10.

Mak, 66, acknowledged during the trial that he copied classified documents from his employer, a defense contractor, and kept copies in his office. He maintained he didn’t realize at the time that making the copies was illegal.

Authorities believe Mak, a naturalized U.S. citizen, took thousands of pages of documents from his employer, Power Paragon of Anaheim, and gave them to his brother, who passed them along to Chinese authorities for years.

Mak was arrested in 2005 in Los Angeles after FBI agents stopped his brother and sister-in-law as they boarded a flight to Hong Kong. Investigators said they found three encrypted CDs in their luggage containing sensitive military documents.

His wife, brother and other relatives have pleaded not guilty and await trial this month.

The six-week trial featured testimony from a parade of FBI agents, U.S. Navy officials, encryption and espionage experts.

Mak testified that during an hours-long interrogation immediately after his arrest, he lied repeatedly to FBI agents about the number of times he had visited China and when he told them he didn’t have friends or relatives there. He said he felt intimidated during the interrogation.

“This is why I lied,” he said. “They were pushing me that night.”

This breaking story will be updated.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18596770/
Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 PM

I wonder if he pledged allegiance to our flag? I'm all for harsher sentences and for spreading the message that we won't tolerate this $hiz!

Look around you as those we've given opportunity to are stabbing us in the back.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
He's a bastard, and deserves life in prison for this...but he was Chinese born not American born.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
He's a bastard, and deserves life in prison for this...but he was Chinese born not American born.
true, but nontheless our top industries that are key to maintaining our edge are all compromised through this sort of liberal insanity (letting foreign born and those with foreign allegiance work in such industries).
Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Letting foreigners do work like this is in no way liberal. In fact, outsourcing and hiring foreign engineers and scientists is applauded by conservative business people looking for higher profits. I agree that we shouldn't be hiring people with non-American allegiences for high security positions. It is in no way a leftist, or liberal idea to do so; the people who allow this to go on are the ones who want less governmental control over corporations' actions...and those are called conservatives.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Letting foreigners do work like this is in no way liberal. In fact, outsourcing and hiring foreign engineers and scientists is applauded by conservative business people looking for higher profits. I agree that we shouldn't be hiring people with non-American allegiences for high security positions. It is in no way a leftist, or liberal idea to do so; the people who allow this to go on are the ones who want less governmental control over corporations' actions...and those are called conservatives.
QFT
Old 05-11-2007, 11:09 AM

Yes you are right it is completely the Republicans fault:lalala:

Obviously the Democrats would never allow such a thing
Old 05-11-2007, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Yes you are right it is completely the Republicans fault:lalala:

Obviously the Democrats would never allow such a thing

Hey, if you're going to blame this event on liberals, be prepared to have the truth brought up. I didn't say this instance was all conservatives fault, but it sure as hell wasn't because of liberal politics either.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:39 PM

Hey, if you're going to blame this event on liberals, be prepared to have the truth brought up. I didn't say this instance was all conservatives fault, but it sure as hell wasn't because of liberal politics either.
Well you must admit they are "liberal" policies whether they occur because of business greed or whatever, but the liberal mindset that immigrants are all here for opportunity brings about my complaint. They are here for the opportunity to make China stronger.

I'm not even talking about those that have come here to simply kill civilians. Quietly destroying our civilization through espionage and other treasonous acts is worse IMO.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
One of the biggest problems that we face is being too politically correct. I mean, we really want to treat everyone the same, yet in the real world when it comes to things like this, that just doesn't work. The left is all for progressing political correctness to the point where everything is reduced to a perfect neutral. It's our greatest weakness. You think for a second a white American could get away with going to China and pulling something like this off? There are few countries out there that are willing to bend on these things the way our politicians force us to. I'm all for equal rights, but I think that some peoples backgrounds should be investigated more thoroughly than others if they pose a greater risk. There are people around the world that would like nothing better than to have every last American man, woman, and child dead. If we let the wrong person through the cracks, it's going to cost us.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
*totally false
Old 05-13-2007, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Well you must admit they are "liberal" policies whether they occur because of business greed or whatever, but the liberal mindset that immigrants are all here for opportunity brings about my complaint. They are here for the opportunity to make China stronger.

I'm not even talking about those that have come here to simply kill civilians. Quietly destroying our civilization through espionage and other treasonous acts is worse IMO.
dude, liberals want immigrants here to have jobs, conservatives want them to have the same jobs in their own country :rotfl:

by the way, it isn't a bad thing to let immigrants have jobs, its the ILLEGAL ones, you can't forget that part....kinda important