i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Handling, and Brakes (https://www.i-club.com/forums/suspension-handling-brakes-195/)
-   -   Tein----electronically adjustable suspension----whos got is??? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/suspension-handling-brakes-195/tein-electronically-adjustable-suspension-whos-got-23394/)

subaruwrx511 06-24-2003 08:53 PM

Tein----electronically adjustable suspension----whos got is???

subject explains it self.

Imprezer 06-24-2003 08:58 PM

Next time, don't write the subject line in such silly tasteless manner.

MACHwrx 06-24-2003 08:59 PM

If your reffering to the Tein Type Flex with EDFC, then yes i have it. What would you like to know about it?

puckaveli 06-25-2003 07:05 AM

another happy owner here, ask your questions.

LVT 06-25-2003 04:53 PM

i'll ask then.....how much are they and how much can yuo adjust? how they performing so far?

MACHwrx 06-26-2003 06:59 AM

I paid $1500 for the coilovers and $300 for the EDFC. The coilovers are great. Car handles awesome. The only negative is the clunking noise they make. Its not that bad, but it is noticeable. The EDFC is nice. You can adjust your dampening rate. If you want it nice and stiff or if you want a decent comfortable ride, just press a button to your desired level.

Anthony

BlkRx 06-27-2003 09:36 AM

What sorta cluncking noise are you getting. Is it the bumpstops? Or is it all the time? I was thinking about going for that setup but dont want to deal with extra noise. Is that a common complaint with the teins?

MACHwrx 06-27-2003 12:35 PM

blkrx- The noise almost sounds like the bolts need to be tightened. But mostly everyone who has the Type Flex has the same noise, so i doubt its loose. It only comes from the rear suspension. To me it sounds like the bumpstops. If you dont have an exhaust or upgraded stereo to deaden the sound, then i suggest you get another setup, cause it annoys the hell out of me.

Anthony

ChristianR 06-30-2003 02:27 AM

have an url to where one can purchase from?

Kevin M 06-30-2003 08:50 AM

[url]www.gruppe-s.com[/url]

Icon25rs 06-30-2003 09:10 AM

Can the car be moving when you adjust the settings or does it have to be stopped?

Does the car acutally go up and down slowly when you chagne the settings or is it just ride comfort?

Is there any "routine maiantance" you have to do on them?

Is that wire for the EDFC hard to run or setup?

MACHwrx 06-30-2003 09:13 AM

you cant change the ride height, you can only change the amount of damnening you want. Yes you can do it on the fly while moving. No maintenance is required. Judging by the amount of wires, it looks like a bi*ch. I had it done by someone.

Anthony

puckaveli 07-02-2003 12:10 PM

The EDFC has a motor that mounts on top of the coilover and adjusts dampening and not the ride height on the fly. You can go from full stiff to full soft in about 5 seconds. You can adjust ride height on the Flex's the old fashioned way. The shock body is threaded and screws up and down to adjust height and you don't have to mess with the springs to do it so the compression strock doesn't change. Wiring the EDFC is easy; the only pita id Tein gives your lots of length in the wires and there thick so it's just a matter of finding spots for the excess. The clunking doesn't happen with everyone. I haven't had any clunking since day one.

I would recommend them for anyone that daily drives and does auto-x and track days.

pino 06-30-2004 01:25 PM

does anyone have any pics on how they wired the edfc? just got mine and just need a little visual aid or a step by step would be nice