Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Crucial Racing Sport Springs...a review

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 AM

Crucial Racing Sport Springs...a review

Last night I installed a set of Crucial Racing springs on my 2004 WRX Sedan. The first thing I noticed was the quality of the spring craftsmanship including the blue powder coating on the springs. Installation was straightforward, except for the rear springs which didn’t fit in the upper and lower spring seats at the same time. It seems as though the bottom of the spring ends about 2 inches too soon. In order to get the spring to seat properly, I lined up the top coil with the top hat. The lower coil just sat about 2 inches back from where the stock springs would normally seat. In this configuration the spring sat flush at the bottom aligning the spring perfectly. The S-Tech springs I had on the car before these seated properly at the junction of both the upper and lower mount. It seems that this will not be a problem, just something I noticed different during the install.

Now for the ride quality…it has been a year and a half since I had the stock suspension on the car so I can’t really recall what it was like at that point, except for the fact that is was much looser through turns with more body roll than with the Crucial springs. Having experienced the harshness of Tein S-Techs on KYB GR2 struts, I am amazed at that quality of the ride with the Crucial Springs installed. The progressive rate really eliminates that jolt caused by small bumps in the road that I experienced with the S-Techs. Large bumps in the road are felt, but without the kidney jarring effects as before. The car is tight around turns with very little body roll, and turn in is greatly improved. So far I have been impressed with every aspect of the springs.

I will post pics soon of the stance provided by the conservative drop compared to the “slammed” stance from the S-Techs.

Thanks again Russ and Jeremy for your work in getting these wonderful springs on the market
Old 09-19-2005, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
dont forget to post pics!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Stage 4+ Bugeye
I have a spec-c suspension, do you suggest I put these on, I dont care about how hard it is, I just want it a little lower but to stay just as stiff or stiffer !

Austin