NEW: affordable 2 piece rotors!!! Cheap brake packages, Helix/JIC/Tein coilvers, etc

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:06 PM

NEW: affordable 2 piece rotors!!! Cheap brake packages, Helix/JIC/Tein coilvers, etc

GD Vaned and Slotted 2 Piece Direct Replacement Rotors for 04/05 STi

Gruppe-S is happy to announce that we finally offer some affordable 2 piece direct replacement rotors for the front of your STi! This actually started as a personal quest for 2 piece rotors for my own car. As my 04 STi sees about 20 trackdays a year, I wanted something that was substantially lighter than stock and cooled better than stock, while still being durable and problem free. Lastly, these rotors had to be affordable! I looked at several manufacturers initially but almost everything I found was either ridiculously expensive or was a compromise in quality and design. After looking at about 6 different manufacturers, I finally came upon these GD Vaned and Slotted 2 Piece Rotors. Upon looking at the features and the quality, the price was very impressive.

-Retains stock Brembo calipers
-6 lbs. lighter per rotor than stock (equivalent to a total loss of 60 lbs. on the front of your car)
-Aircraft grade hardware (non-floating design)
-Zinc coated rotors
-Vaned and slotted
-Track tested

I got a set to test on my own car and and after spending 2 days at Thunderhill Raceway trying to break these rotors, I can say these rotors are the real deal. Despite some problems with the initial bed-in (my own fault), these rotors preformed admirably and I'm very confident in their quality. They're not the only rotors that could have met my criteria but we believe they're the best bang for the buck 2 piece rotors out there. The handling and weight difference at the front of my car is so dramatic that I had to set my coilovers to the next lowest damping level. I have yet to take a pyrometer to the rotors but they held up fine after several laps of threshold braking into every turn that I had the stupidity to fly into. To boot, these rotors will fit both the 04 and the 05 STi! Here's the catch: we only have a limited quantity of these rotors available.

Here's some pictures of the prototype set that went on my car. *The actual rotors will have gold annodized hats to match your Brembo calipers.*

$579 Shipped!!!

Also as an introductory special, we'd like to offer a slight variation of the same package that I have on my car. This package is well suited to both daily driving and all ranges of weekend track warriors (who drive their street car on the track). This package speficially attacks all the weaknesses of the STi braking system while retaining it's strong points (the calipers). Stopping distance, fade resistance, and pedal feel are all dramatically improved. As these are carbon cermaic pads, they will require more effort to stop when they're cold but when they heat up, man do they stop! They're also quite quiet.

This package includes:

-Endless CC-X Carbon Ceramic Pads - F/R
-Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Lines - F/R
-GD Vaned and Slotted Direct Replacement 2 Piece Rotors - F
-Brembo Slotted Sport Replacement Rotors - R
-2 Pints of Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid

$1369 Shipped!!!

Thanks,

Geoff
510-783-5300
geoff@gruppe-s.com
Old 09-20-2005, 07:06 PM

Gruppe-S finally carrys Motul Fluid! People have been asking for some cheap effective brake combos for their WRXs for quite some time now. This is the most cost effective way to improve your brakes.

Porterfield R4S Pads + Goodridge SS Lines + Motul RBF600 Fluid

*The Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines will improve your pedal feel and stop unwanted line flex at high temp.
*The Porterfield R4S Carbon Kevlar Brake Pads have a superior coefficient of friction compared to the stock pads and have excellent fade characteristics. They'll take 20 minutes of weekend track time for beginner to intermediate drivers with no ill effects
*2 Pints of Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid are more than enough to flush your entire brake system. This is some of the best brake fluid out there (DOT4) and is track worthy stuff.

All 4 Corners for 02 WRX - $299 Shipped
All 4 Corners for 03+ WRX - $319 Shipped

Special Brake Packages for the STi:

We all know that STi comes with awesome calipers but we unfortunately can't say the same thing about the pads, rotors, and lines. Sooooo, here's the stuff you really need!

Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads (carbon kevlar)- Front Pair - 04+ STi, F/R
These pads are a good balance between race pads and street pads. The Porterfield R4-S’ are unique because they’ll withstand 20 minutes of track time with no fade (they so not fade at temperatures up to 1,100 degrees F) but at the same time, they will work fine when cold and they’re very rotor friendly (as well as being very slow wearing). The R4-S friction level will give you an impressive increase in stopping ability with very minimum pedal effort. The R4-S compound also has the absolute lowest noise and dust levels, far below OEM equipment or any other high performance brakes material.
Good for autocrossing, drivers schools, weekend track sessions, solo events, and rallys.
$199 shipped for F OR R, $269 shipped for F and R!!!

Endless SSS Pads - 04+ STi, F/R
These pads are an excellent choice for the agressive street driver. They are non-metalic so they are rotor friendly and dust is minimal. The SSS feature a high friction coefficient so they are suitable for short weekend track stints but are not applicable for heavy track use.
$180 shipped for F OR R, $340 shipped for F and R!!!

Endless CC-X Pads - 04+ STi, F/R
Proven to perform well on both street and track conditions, this original formula, ceramic carbon metal base compound has the ability to perform for a wider range of users. For the street where low temperatures are frequent, this pad performs well causing less damage than most semi-metallic pads. Usually, semi-metallic pads sacrifice initial response to perform better at higher temperatures, but the CC-X is able to do well at initial response as well. At higher temperatures, pedal feeling responds well while maintaining controllability with a stable coefficient of friction.
$250 shipped for F OR R, $435 shipped for F and R!!!

Endless Stainless Steel Swivel Brake Lines - Front+Rear - 02+ WRX/ 04+ STi
The fitment portion of the Endless Swivel Steel Brake Line includes an original swivel mechanism that allows for spinning to reduce tangling and decrease chances of breakage. This swivel mechanism can also be securely locked into place as well. Brake hose material is made out of a teflon tubing covered with SUS 304 stainless steel finely knit meshed blades. Additional black clear coating finish for protection against mud, gravel, cracking, and debris. Suitable for all seasons. Match and fitment test performed on each vehicle application to determine optimal hose layout for easy to use, correct installation.
$210 shipped!!!

Brembo Sport Replacement Rotors (Drilled or Slotted) - F/R - 04 STi only
~Brembo Sport slotted brake rotors are for drivers who want to improve the
looks and performance of their vehicle's original braking system without
having to change additional brake components.
~Brembo Sport slotted and drilled brake rotors provide excellent stopping
power in everyday traffic, as well as high performance street and track
driving.
~Brembo Sport slotted brake rotors match the vehicle's original equipment
rotor's dimensions and are fully compatible with its hubs, brake calipers
and road wheels.
$394 shipped for F OR R, $375 shipped for R!!!

OK, now for the packages:

04 STi Front:

1) Porterfield R4-S Pads, Brembo rotors, Goodridge SS lines: $675 shipped!!!

2) Endless SSS Pads, Brembo rotors, Good ridge SS lines: $665 shipped!!!

3) Endless CCX Pads, Brembo rotors, Endless SS lines: $810 shipped!!!

04 STi Front and Rear:

1) Porterfield R4-S Pads, Brembo rotors, Goodridge SS lines: $1110 shipped!!!

2) Endless SSS Pads, Brembo rotors, Good ridge SS lines: $1190 shipped!!!

3) Endless CCX Pads, Brembo rotors, Endless SS lines: $1375 shipped!!!

If there's a package that you'd like and it's not listed, please don't hesitate to ask for pricing.

Thanks,

Geoff
510-783-5300
geoff@gruppe-s.com
Old 09-20-2005, 07:07 PM

We are excited to announce the arrival of the Helix DNA and RNA series Coilovers. The Coilovers are manufactured for Helix by a world famous suspension manufacturer, the Helix coilovers offer the best performance for the dollar.

RNA SERIES - The Helix RNA series coilovers are designed for race application use. Heavily track tested on both in Japan and here in the United States, the RNA series coilovers are the ultimate no compromise suspension for the Subaru owner.

-Inverted Monotube Coilover
-6-Way Piston Valve Adjustment
-Full Pillow Ball Mounts, camber adjustable
-Fully Height Adjustable
-10kg/8kg Spring Rates
-Optional SWIFT springs available
-Full Track Service Coilovers
$2299 Available in 4-6 weeks

DNA SERIES - Helix DNA Sport Coilovers are designed to suit the average vehicle enthusiast. Unlike race coilovers which often exhibit harsh ride characteristics, high cost, and sometimes excessive noise, Helix DNA Sport Coilovers are designed primarily for street service with mild track service in mind. Featuring excellent ride characteristics and lower cost, these coilovers are a fine balance of street function and track service. Fully rebuildable and available in multiple spring rates.

- Light aluminum Shock Body
- 16 Pt Dampening / Rebound Adjustable
- Full Upper Pillow Ball Mounts
- Camber Adjustable
- 8kg / 6kg spring rates
$999 SHIPPED SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE!!

Guys, these coilovers have actually been available for several months. But they were not released until we tested these coilovers for ourselves. We have not only ran these coilovers in our street cars (for longevitiy and durability testing), we have heaped tons of abuse on these coilovers at various tracks around California, including Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, etc. We feel that these coilovers are simply the best bang for the buck coilovers available on the market.

Please contact us for ordering information!

Thanks!

Gary
gary@gruppe-s.com
510-783-5300
510-783-4300 fax

Old 09-20-2005, 07:08 PM

Brembo Big Brake Kit (Gold Calipers)- 02+ WRX
This is NOT the same kit that comes on the STi.
This kit is truly a bargain. It includes:
-The same gold 4 pot calipers that come on the STi.
-Goodridge SS lines.
-326X30 high carbon content rotors (either slotted or drilled).
-Brembo High Performance Brake pads (better than what comes on the STi).
$1299 shipped!!!

Helix Rear Endlinks (Full Pillowball) - 02+ WRX
$79 shipped !

Helix Solid Endlinks are CNC machined from high strength aluminum. This makes an excellent replacement for your factory plastic endlinks which tend to twist and bend upon corner-loading. The addition of Helix Solid Endlinks significantly increases cornering response and tightness, regardless of the use of an aftermarket sway bar or not. The use of spherical bearings allows for a much wider range of angular movement and eliminates the squeaking and creaking associated with the deterioration of rubber or urethane bushings. The spherical bearings are teflon coated to prevent dirt and debris from fouling movement.

Helix Front Endlinks (Full Pillowball) - 02+ WRX Wagon
$75 shipped !
:banana:

Also, we now have JIC coilovers!

JIC Magic FLTA2 Coilovers - 02-05 WRX / 04 STi
This is JIC Magic's flagship coilover setup. The FLT-A2 features a light weight, 15 way adjustable monotube damper that ensures high strength and fade free performance. The ride height is adjustable separate from the spring perch giving you maximum suspension travel at any setting. This also allows for proper corner weighting of the vehicle without effecting spring preload settings. Linear springs give laser precision steering response. All models include upper pillow ball mounts. MacPherson strut designs utilize front camber plates and feature high tensile steel brackets. Multilink suspension designs feature a CNC machined aluminum lower brackets.
-Spring rate- 7kg/5kg
$1649 Shipped!

Thanks,

Geoff
510-783-5300
geoff@gruppe-s.com