Ichiba Aluminum Wheel Spacers Are For Subaru! In Stock Now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:26 PM

Car Info: STI
Ichiba Aluminum Wheel Spacers Are For Subaru! In Stock Now!

Again! They Are In Stock Now!

ICHIBA USA Aluminum Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Description:

Wheel Spacers are made from Aluminum/Magnesium alloy. They are incredibly strong and very lightweight. These are hubcentric spacers that is specifically made to each vehicle; will fitted on your vehicle's original hub perfectly without any gap. Wheel spacers move the wheel out from the hub, effectively widening the stance of the vehicle and lowering its roll center. This simple modification increases lateral stability, which in turn provides improved handling & greater safety.

www.ichibausa.com

Application:
Impreza RS & WRX
STI 2004 (Except 05+ STI)
Forester, Outback, Legacy, Baja

Bolt Pattern: 5/100
Center Bore: 56
Thread: 12x1.25
Longer Studs Included

Price is for one set (2pcs) with 10pcs longer studs.

5MM Aluminum Wheel Spacer $59

15MM Aluminum Wheel Spacer $99

25MM Aluminum Wheel Spacer $129
Old 10-19-2006, 05:31 PM

Before & After

How To Measure?

Make sure you correct the camber after the car dropped!

The widest point of your tire and wheel combination is usually the outside diameter of the tire sidewall. Using a ruler with the straight edge flush with the face of the tire, measure the gap between the outer face of the tire to the inside lip of the fender as shown in the diagram. This will determine the thickness of the spacer you will need.

5MM = 0.197 INCH
15MM = 0.590 INCH
25MM = 0.983 INCH
Old 11-14-2006, 11:28 AM

Bump!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:46 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Are those prices MSRP or discounted?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:03 PM

i'd like to know as well
Old 11-14-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by DZnutz
i'd like to know as well
The prices listed above are MSRP.

We will give free shipping to Subaru owners if order.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:43 PM

ok, just picked up 2 sets, ill do a review once they arrive

Last edited by DZnutz; 11-14-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by DZnutz
ok, just picked up 2 sets, ill do a review once they arrive
hope you enjoy!
Old 11-21-2006, 02:57 AM

Car Info: 06' White GDF 18x10 Wrong Fitment Crew #001
so do u have to replace ur factory wheel studs with these studs or r they attached to the spacers?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 AM

^ look at the pics, what do you think?

if your still having trouble... yes, you need to replace your stock studs with the ones supplied for the 5 and 15mm spacers

next question... no, its not hard to do... all you need is a hammer and ideally a point punch
Old 11-21-2006, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 06' White GDF 18x10 Wrong Fitment Crew #001
^ u think i would ask that question if i could figure out the answer from the pics? NO

there r 2 pics with the studs off the spacers and one pic with the studs ON the spacers, how was i suppose to know?

jeez, what's up with ppl being smart *** these days......
Old 11-21-2006, 02:26 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
oh snap..
Old 12-03-2006, 06:45 PM

ok guys, ive tried to keep this civil but unfortunately this vendor is no longer returning my pms

upon arrival of these spacers i was very disappointed. the spacers are machined out of aluminum but the metal itself is soo poor that there are "porous" areas within the metal itself... apparently the machining process uncovered these areas within the metal. the studs, although being almost 10mm longer than stock, actually have significantly less weight to them than the stockers... which lead me to believe that they were made out of poorer quality metal and machined differently than the oem pieces. in either case i had been waiting to install my new brakes for quite some time so i decided to go ahead and install the studs... to my dismay, while pulling the studs in i noticed the threads beginning to deform... so i backed off and noticed the threads on the studs were literally pulling off of the stud itself. the metal is so soft and weak that half way before the studs were fully seated the threads were pulling off of them. UNBELIEVABLE!... i cant believe that a company can sell something like this especially when its used to hold your entire wheel on. i called them up and wanted a refund... being hesitant they said send them back and we'll refund you... i sent an email last tues when they went back out and supplied tracking... to this day they have not returned my pm or given me a refund.

after speaking with several vendors i have become aware that these specific studs are manufactured in china and are NOT quality pieces. i have since ordered a set of H&R spacers and have been assured that they meet and exceed OEM standards. i have also spoken with 2 people who have pulled the H&R studs into their hubs with zero deformation or problems. this only leads me to one conclusion... ichiba imports these spacers from china and they are useless garbage... i strongly urge everyone to stay away

oh... on another note... even ichiba's packaging is mislabeled... it reads 12x1.5 as their description... we all know subarus are 12x1.25 threading... when i brought this up the guy on the phone chuckled. certainly not anyone i wish to deal with
Old 12-12-2006, 05:14 PM

update, i strongly feel that my experience with this vendor and product should be heard. the product was shipped back, at my cost, to the vendor. no communication on arrival. i contacted bryant huang ("operator" of ichiba) and he stated that the studs were in fact defective... hard to believe seeing as how theyre all made the exact same way and out of the exact same material, unless he admits theyre all defective but is willing to continue selling them to unsuspecting/unknowing customers. after 2 days i was refunded the cost of the spacers and shipping to me... but not my return shipping cost which was stated will be returned. contacted him today and after arguing back and forth 50% of my return shipping was refunded. all in all im terribly disappointed by this vendor... they are selling a product which is inferior/defective and is not suitable to be used for its intended purpose. i brought up the thought of someone crashing theyre car because of these items and bryant feels that the term "offroad racing use" covers all their liability... and upon failure of their product they cannot be held accountable for any or all personal and material damage. all i can say is wow!, i strongly urge all possible customers to stay far away from this vendor and all their products

on another note, i have received and installled my new h&r spacers yesterday... the studs are made the exact same way that the stock units are and i hade ZERO problems with them... they went in easily with ZERO deformation of the threads. the spacers are also perfect... no cheap aluminum used anywhere here.

in the end... BUYER BEWARE
Old 12-12-2006, 06:56 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Hopefully you paid via your credit card? If so, just dispute it with them, and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Ichiba Aluminum Wheel Spacers Are For Subaru! In Stock Now!