Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Never Shop at Stevens Creek Subaru in San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:13 AM

Never Shop at Stevens Creek Subaru in San Jose

Here is a link to my experience:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stevens-creek-subaru-san-jose

I suggest if anyone has had a bad experience there to post also at yelp. It's a relatively small step to take, but it's important to make sure such a bad dealer gets what they deserve.

Here is the text:

By far this is the absolute worst dealership I've ever been to in my life. I went there recently to test drive the 2008 STI, and was greated with the worst attitude I've ever experienced at a car dealership. I'm 31 years old, and I look it. I was basically treated like some 16 year old kid that was trying to get his rocks off by test driving an STI. I typically buy the cars I test drive. I don't always buy it the same day, sometimes it will be as long as six months to a year. I told the sales guy (who smelled like cigarettes and alcohol) that I wanted to try the car for a possible future purchase. I even said I'd be willing just to ride as a passenger to experience the car because I wanted to see what it was like. They said the STI buyer doesn't want too many miles on their car. We need to keep the miles low. Then his 'manager' came out to put on the pressure. He asked me if I would be willing to fill out a credit application to buy the car. Is this car somehow a ferrari? I mean what kind of BS is that? It's a cool car, but it's relatively common and it retails for about 35k. I"ve driven 60k cars at other dealerships without getting the 3rd degree. At this point I was really insulted. I said maybe I should go to capitol subaru and test drive one there. Maybe they'd like to sell a car. They then decided to give me this line of BS of how they were the best dealer in the US and number 3 in the world. How capitol is trying to get in on their turf, and they'll never be able to survive blah blah. Etc...

So I did what I said I'd do. I went to Capitol Subaru. I met a nice salesman over there and I described my treatment at Steven's Creek. The salesman chuckled, and said he FREQUENTLY gets customers to his dealer describing similar stories! Not that I'm very surprised. So I asked if he had any '08 STI's to test drive. He apologized that they were out of stock, but promised me a test drive once they had some in stock. Well they got some cars back in stock, and he kept his promise. Great car. I had a great time test driving it, and I will most likely buy one at some point in the future. Possibly this summer. Even if I decide not to buy a subaru, as a result of the respect and attention I was given at their dealer I will always make sure to recommend them whenever I know anyone looking for a new Subaru or looking for any service.

To sum up: NEVER SHOP AT STEVENS CREEK. You'll be treated like a second class citizen, and they don't deserve your HARD EARNED MONEY. I suggest going to Captiol Subaru:

Capitol Subaru
920 Capitol Expressway Auto Mall
San Jose, CA 95136
Phone (408) 723-9500
Fax (408) 723-9504

And if you're not going to shop there try livermore, carlsen (redwood city), or santa cruz.

Please never shop at Stevens Creek. They don't deserve your money.

Last edited by fjork_duf; 01-16-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
wait till you see the link that i know someone will post lol
Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Hehe.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:44 AM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
lol ..... same **** happened to me ...... i went there with my mom .... and the salesperson and manager were like u shud just buy the car right now. And the salesperson was telling that regular 2004 Subaru WRX with STI wing is a Subaru WRX STI ....am like WTF? .... test drove it and were like we let u know 2morrow and then buy it .... but they were like buy it right now. we just left from there and never went to that dealership again. now i enjoy my 2003 Subaru WRX wingless
Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 AM

Car Info: 02 bugeye with tune by Ed
haha (not laughin at your misfortune with steven's creek, but more so the fact that its one again steven's creek. Still no link huh?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...=stevens+creek
Old 01-16-2008, 11:00 AM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
hahaha you just had to bring this up
I bought my sti there jan 01, before cap suby opened, but my experience was a little different........
I come from a sales background and got the car a little lower because they lowered the price to sell me the 100k warranty. 2k lower, i just came back the next day to cancel it and kept the 2k difference
they are not very bright there JIMHO
Old 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM

Car Info: nothing right now
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
hahaha you just had to bring this up
I bought my sti there jan 01, before cap suby opened, but my experience was a little different........
I come from a sales background and got the car a little lower because they lowered the price to sell me the 100k warranty. 2k lower, i just came back the next day to cancel it and kept the 2k difference
they are not very bright there JIMHO
lol, that's awesome!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:06 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX (sold), 03 WRX (sold), 04 330CI (current)
i have experience this problem too... i drove a bmw to stevens creek subaru to check out the new wrx with my friend and they told me to sell my bmw and get a wrx because its a ***** (vagina) magnet. and they told me to go in and fill out this credit approval before i test drive it. im like WTF... i test drove the new M5 without filling any paper work.

ALSO NEVER GET SERVICED THERE! TOOK 6 WEEK TO DIAGNOSE A STUPID TRANSMISSION PROBLEM...
Old 01-16-2008, 06:34 PM

Car Info: 2009 VW GTI
ive heard bad things about most of the stevens creek row for years.. must be something about that area.. and their prices always suck compared to any other dealer.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
-1 here. the sales people there sucks. i have not been there for service yet, and I am not looking forward to do so.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
haha, I one time stopped by the salinas pontiac dealership cause I saw a solstice sitting out front and had time to kill. A salesman approached me and asked if I was looking into getting one but I said "no, I'm just killing time" and he said "well do you still want to drive it?" I said yes but then his manager said serious buyers only

I got the same treatment when the GTI came out....killing time, went to test drive, they that because "everyone wanted to drive them because they are so hot right now that it was for serious buyers only" not to mention I waited around for 15 minutes before I finally had to go get someone

the Stevens Creek stories are definitely not limited to Stevens Creek, but they do seem to have more horror stories than others
Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 AM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
My rear bumper the day I purchased my WRX got slightly owned (scraped) by them while they were 'prepping' the car for CLEANING. Yup, it took them 3 hours to clean the car and by that time, it was dark and I didn't see it (coincident?). Saw it a couple days later and lets just say.. they said no. The way they conduct business IMO is damn near illegal. But whatever, too bad Capitol Subaru opened 3 months after I purchased.

Also, their sales people were so rude. I should've walked but at the time, there were no non-TR WRX's available anywhere else. Good times.

Oh yeah, and the other day I visited Capitol subaru to get some parts and was taking a look at the 08's and some random salesman asked me if i wanted to test drive the WRX while i was waiting for my part. I told them i'd be more interested in trying out the 08 STI and the guy offered to call me when they had them in stock. I'd definitely recommend Capitol Subaru since well, I look pretty young and I felt treated as an adult compared to most dealerships +++12242342 to them!

Last edited by jondl; 01-17-2008 at 10:06 AM.