i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Subaru General (https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/)
-   -   Just got car aligned- are these measurements right ? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-general-30/just-got-car-aligned-these-measurements-right-266711/)

Roobaroo30 11-19-2015 05:35 PM

Just got car aligned- are these measurements right ?

1 Attachment(s)
Just got my car aligned I think I have a bad tire cause it's still pulling to the right but it also still pulls to the left randomly. I can't get this f***ing car just to go straight. Do these measurements look right ? I see the left rear is at .7 while the right is .0? Any info would be much appreciated
Thanks

[ATTACH]94027[/ATTACH]

xhengmanx 11-19-2015 06:01 PM

camber should be negative on the driver side too

Roobaroo30 11-19-2015 06:22 PM

[QUOTE="xhengmanx;3621299"]camber should be negative on the driver side too[/QUOTE]

Front or rear? any chance you know the specs would love to just walk in and say "it needs to be at these measurements

CHESTON 11-19-2015 07:45 PM

Guess it depends on how you drive, and your purposes. figure, a decent tech will be able to balance out the camber also , at the very least!

WRX Wagon? for every day kinda driving and nothing else, go with factory specs at the closest to zero.

F: -0.8 to -1.0
R: -0.6 to -0.8

you'll increase negative camber if you're into tracking/auto-X/twisties.

somewhat sporty driving, try something like:
F: -1.0 to -1.2
R: -0.8 to -1.0

go from there and have fun!

pho_shizzle 11-19-2015 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=Roobaroo30;3621300]Front or rear? any chance you know the specs would love to just walk in and say "it needs to be at these measurements[/QUOTE]

For the fronts driver side. You have a -1 degree difference from the front driver side vs the front passenger side. I would get that evened out. Its obvious that this tech just adjusted things "within spec".

As for the rears, unless you have coilovers with camber plates or rear camber bolts, the rear camber is not adjustable.

Can you post the specs prior to adjustment?

CHESTON 11-19-2015 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=pho_shizzle;3621303]For the fronts driver side. You have a -1 degree difference from the front driver side vs the front passenger side. I would get that evened out. Its obvious that this tech just adjusted things "within spec".

As for the [B]rears[/B], unless you have coilovers with [I][SIZE=3]camber plates or rear camber bolts[/SIZE][/I], the rear camber is not adjustable.

Can you post the specs prior to adjustment?[/QUOTE]

D'oh--forgot about that! lol...yeah what he said. I got rear camber bolts on mine...

Roobaroo30 11-19-2015 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE="pho_shizzle;3621303"] For the fronts driver side. You have a -1 degree difference from the front driver side vs the front passenger side. I would get that evened out. Its obvious that this tech just adjusted things "within spec". As for the rears, unless you have coilovers with camber plates or rear camber bolts, the rear camber is not adjustable. Can you post the specs prior to adjustment?[/QUOTE]

[ATTACH]94029[/ATTACH]

It's almost identical which is why I think I still have this problem. so sick of this car pulling its not even funny. I have replaced the steering rack with sti, added whiteline bushings, also have ohlin FPS with King springs and 22mm whiteline sway bars this car should be able to steer straight, or so I was hoping. It will randomly pull to the left then all of a sudden it's to the right, just makes no sense.

CHESTON 11-19-2015 09:53 PM

yeah, your tech has to at least even out the camber, like WTF?

maybe find a different place? ask around, maybe there's a good place down your way. otherwise, are you up near Milpitas anytime. Great alignment place called Auto Innovations should be able to answer all your questions.

[url=http://www.autoinnovations.com/]Auto Innovations, LLC[/url]

Roobaroo30 11-19-2015 10:05 PM

[QUOTE="CHESTON;3621306"]yeah, your tech has to at least even out the camber, like WTF? maybe find a different place? ask around, maybe there's a good place down your way. otherwise, are you up near Milpitas anytime. Great alignment place called Auto Innovations should be able to answer all your questions. [URL="http://www.autoinnovations.com/"]Auto Innovations, LLC[/URL][/QUOTE]

Ya guess I'll have to take it back again lol smh just can't f$&@in win it seems. I'll never go to this shop again it's just super convenient and right across the street from my house, literally it's my neighbor. I just don't know why the before and after are so damn close there tech is obviously s**t. There first words when I came in our of there mouth was "it still pulls to the right" I told them "well why would it do that those are brand new tires and you just aligned it", she said "must be a bad tire" so I guess I'll go see my tire guy and see what he says first then go back to the shop and re align it. I'm in Morgan hill or i would definitely go to that shop you recommended. I appreciate yours and Phos responses. Guess I'll get some camber bolts also.

xhengmanx 11-20-2015 07:50 AM

Any good alignment tech would know you'd want to at least get the front camber to match or as close to one another.

off topic, but what sti steering rack did you use and did you have any issues fitting it into the cross member?

Roobaroo30 11-20-2015 09:07 AM

[QUOTE="xhengmanx;3621325"]Any good alignment tech would know you'd want to at least get the front camber to match or as close to one another. off topic, but what sti steering rack did you use and did you have any issues fitting it into the cross member?[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'm going back today and I am not going to be nice. When I see how close the measurements are before and after I feel they just took my money. I used a 04 sti rack and had no problems.

pho_shizzle 11-20-2015 11:27 AM

It seems that they did the bare minimum of adjustment and just took your money since things were kept "within the green field".

For the fronts, it only looks as if they zero'd out the toe for you but neglected to adjust and even out the front camber. I don't really favor having 0 camber in the front at all. Especially when you have a -1 degree of difference on one side, that will definitely give you that on sided veer that you mentioned.

Same goes for the rear, it seems like they just zero'd out the toe also. Cant adjust rear camber as I previous stated, unless you have aftermarket adjusting counter-parts.

The rear camber shouldnt be that positive though, it should be negative with factory spec. But previously you also mentioned that you added some suspension parts, Your new Ohlin struts and king springs ( assuming these are lift springs?) along with your stiffer rear sway bar may have raised the rear in which reduced the negative camber and gave you a more zero to positive camber settlement. If this is the case though, I do recommend that you obtain some rear camber bolts so that the next shop you take it to can dial out the rear camber for you and give you a little more negative camber. Having that much neutral to positive camber in the rear can also make your car twitchy and not as planted during rotation and maneuvering.

To be honest, while those alignment specs may be neutral, I wouldn't consider them very safe. At least in my opinion for handling.

Also Id like to mention that out of all the mods you have done, they wouldn't necessarily adjust your directional veering problem on the road. The condition and wear of the tires along with your alignment specs is what will determine how your car rides along a surface. Of course raising and lowering your vehicle will also adjust the alignment specs, but that situation is a little more detailed lol.

Roobaroo30 11-20-2015 11:38 AM

[QUOTE="pho_shizzle;3621373"]It seems that they did the bare minimum of adjustment and just took your money since things were kept "within the green field". For the fronts, it only looks as if they zero'd out the toe for you but neglected to adjust and even out the front camber. I don't really favor having 0 camber in the front at all. Especially when you have a -1 degree of difference on one side, that will definitely give you that on sided veer that you mentioned. Same goes for the rear, it seems like they just zero'd out the toe also. Cant adjust rear camber as I previous stated, unless you have aftermarket adjusting counter-parts. The rear camber shouldnt be that positive though, it should be negative with factory spec. But previously you also mentioned that you added some suspension parts, Your new Ohlin struts and king springs ( assuming these are lift springs?) along with your stiffer rear sway bar may have raised the rear in which reduced the negative camber and gave you a more zero to positive camber settlement. If this is the case though, I do recommend that you obtain some rear camber bolts so that the next shop you take it to can dial out the rear camber for you and give you a little more negative camber. Having that much neutral to positive camber in the rear can also make your car twitchy and not as planted during rotation and maneuvering. To be honest, while those alignment specs may be neutral, I wouldn't consider them very safe. At least in my opinion for handling. Also Id like to mention that out of all the mods you have done, they wouldn't necessarily adjust your directional veering problem on the road. The condition and wear of the tires along with your alignment specs is what will determine how your car rides along a surface. Of course raising and lowering your vehicle will also adjust the alignment specs, but that situation is a little more detailed lol.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for dropping some serious knowledge on me I went back to these ******* Jack pos and they said they couldn't get any more adjustments and tried throwing a bunch of bs words at me. So I guess at this point can you recommend camber bolts and a shop that I can take this to so I can get it done right. This car handles like **** and I know it shouldn't with the suspension mods I have

Roobaroo30 11-20-2015 12:10 PM

Thank u

pho_shizzle 11-20-2015 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=Roobaroo30;3621375]Thank you so much for dropping some serious knowledge on me I went back to these ******* Jack pos and they said they couldn't get any more adjustments and tried throwing a bunch of bs words at me. So I guess at this point can you recommend camber bolts and a shop that I can take this to so I can get it done right. This car handles like **** and I know it shouldn't with the suspension mods I have[/QUOTE]

You can search SPC camber bolts for the Subaru.

As for shops, I would recommend Auto Innovations also in Fremont/Milpitas, but if thats too far for you I would see if AA motorworks in mountain view does alignments or you can take it to the nearest subaru dealership at capitol for an alignment. I would of course call and check in with these places first to get pricing.