i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   STi Countdown (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sti-countdown-77/)
-   -   Metric Subaru Mechanic Latest Advice (https://www.i-club.com/forums/sti-countdown-77/metric-subaru-mechanic-latest-advice-34642/)

ProPain 10-14-2003 09:37 AM

Metric Subaru Mechanic Latest Advice

Metric Subaru, Dave. Some of you know him some of you dont. Hes a really good guy and probably the best dealership you could possible think of buying an STI from. Very much into the mods.

1. Dont install the BOV. Nothing but problems reported. Stalls, CEL's ect.

2. Inake Silencer removal: Thumbs up. No problems.

3. TB Exaust: Of course...

4. First oil change: 2000k Miles. "The car currently has breakin oil in it, Nothing better than that for it right now"

He also told me hes talking to guys over in england waiting on the ECU. He told me once we get specs for it over here its gonna be out of control the power we will be able to get from the 2.5 He said the guys over there with the 2.0's are pulling some insaine power.

He also told me to stop getting advice from the internet :)

Cant wait!

NYCSTI 10-14-2003 09:49 PM

Still waiting for mine to come in unfortunately. bleh...

BlueSti389 10-14-2003 11:25 PM

What kind of ECU is it? Where can I get one if its out?

thanks

Sti-nkinPhast 10-14-2003 11:29 PM

Re: Metric Subaru Mechanic Latest Advice

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ProPain [/i]
[B]

He also told me to stop getting advice from the internet :)

Cant wait! [/B][/QUOTE]

whoa buddy, you just contradicted your whole post :rolleyes: :D

ProPain 10-15-2003 05:46 AM

Re: Re: Metric Subaru Mechanic Latest Advice

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sti-nkinPhast [/i]
[B]whoa buddy, you just contradicted your whole post :rolleyes: :D [/B][/QUOTE]

That was the point :rolleyes:

:p

Krinkov 10-15-2003 11:04 PM

using an APS BOV, this one recirculates a portion of air back into the system to avoid CEL and hesitation problems. Works flawless;)

ProPain 10-16-2003 06:42 AM

[QUOTE]using an APS BOV, this one recirculates a portion of air back into the system to avoid CEL and hesitation problems. Works flawless[/QUOTE]

Yup, and a total waste of money. The stock BOV performs just as well if not better. It just doesnt sound off... ;)

Now instead of running out and getting it just for the sound, Ill wait for engine management and do it right.

bao ling 10-17-2003 10:09 AM

Re: Metric Subaru Mechanic Latest Advice

[B] 1. Dont install the BOV. Nothing but problems reported. Stalls, CEL's ect. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm running a blitz with no problems. ;)

bao ling 10-17-2003 10:11 AM

[B]Yup, and a total waste of money. The stock BOV performs just as well if not better. It just doesnt sound off... ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Stock valve is a bypass valve, not blow off valve. Hence the term blow off valve. :) Semantics ;)

ProPain 10-20-2003 07:20 AM

[QUOTE]Stock valve is a bypass valve, not blow off valve. Hence the term blow off valve. Semantics [/QUOTE]

Fair enough.. :)

You still wont get any gain from it and could possible have stall and CEL problems..

Save your money, Put it somewhere it will actually give yourself a gain first.

Reminds me of all the guys who do ground effects and badges all over there car before the car is even modded..

All show no go...

insaneSTi 10-20-2003 07:31 AM

You shift 4 times in th 1/4 w/ the STi a blow off valve could give you a .1 of a second.

bao ling 10-20-2003 11:27 AM

Propain does have a point, get some speakers first. You can get a bov later after engine mods come out. If I had do it over I would have got my sounds first. The car has enough performance out of the box. And not having a radio/cd player is killing me. :mad:

ProPain 10-21-2003 09:09 AM

[QUOTE]Propain does have a point, get some speakers first. You can get a bov later after engine mods come out. If I had do it over I would have got my sounds first. The car has enough performance out of the box. And not having a radio/cd player is killing me. [/QUOTE]

Thats what im sayin.. I need to get some sounds into the car. It was all well and good for the first 1k miles, and I enjoyed hearing the engine.. But now I wanna listen to some tunes :)

Also,

Im just waiting patiently for the ECU. Once that happens we can really tune the crap outa these cars.

Then ill do it all at once...

TB Exhaust
BOV
FMIC
Turbo swap
CAI

ect..

Im not really into the MBC because I think its a poor mans way of getting a stronger turbo. Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt this just do damage to the turbo and engine without proper management?

BoOm 10-24-2003 11:49 PM

[B]The stock BOV performs just as well if not better. It just doesnt sound off... ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

the stock bypass valve does sound off. ever tried the resonator removal?

ProPain 10-29-2003 01:09 PM

No.. Make it louder? Meaning people outside the car can hear it?

I was thinking on doing the Intake Silencer removal, Is this what you mean?

If not, send me a link

Thanks