i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Stereo & Security (https://www.i-club.com/forums/stereo-security-70/)
-   -   Security Systems (https://www.i-club.com/forums/stereo-security-70/security-systems-1367/)

Zoeb2s 11-26-2002 05:28 PM

Security Systems

What kind of Security systems do you guys have in your cars?
I have a Crimestopper CS2011S, full alarm with keyless entry, remote start (on a 5MT), and dual zone shock sensor...its a great system, i like it a lot better then the clifford on my 325is. Only paid $200 for installed...Let me know if any of you guys are interested in buying one...i'll get you guys the same deal..BUT, you will take all liability for hitting the start button while in gear...its very easy to get used to leaving the car in neutral though.
-Zoeb

Arcanum 11-26-2002 07:04 PM

Any chance of getting the kit just with the remote start?????? No alarm.

The factory alarm is good enough for me. My thoughts, if someone wants it or something in it, they will take it. I pay insurance. But would like a remote start that will work with a 5mt

/\rcanum

netZ 11-27-2002 05:39 AM

Installing an aftermarket remote start system to work in conjunction with a factory alarm system is a little tricky. You would need to find the factory alarm disarm wire location in order to disarm the alarm while the remote start is operating. In some vehicles, the factory alarm disarm wire is the unlock wire others typically have a stand alone factory alarm disarm wire that works independently of the door unlock wire.

a typical dei viper 550esp alarm with remote start shouldn't cost much more than a stand alone remote start. it may even cost the same b/c of the extra labor involved with bypassing a factory alarm system.

just my observations

netZ

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arcanum [/i]
[B]Any chance of getting the kit just with the remote start?????? No alarm.

The factory alarm is good enough for me. My thoughts, if someone wants it or something in it, they will take it. I pay insurance. But would like a remote start that will work with a 5mt

/\rcanum [/B][/QUOTE]

netZ 11-27-2002 05:43 AM

Re: Security Systems

could you explain what problems you had with your clifford on your 325is? such as model and any other options installed? i've used clifford alarms exclusively for 5+ years and they have worked solid. I believe most problems with any aftermarket alarm is poor installation procedures.

you do know the wrx has a neutral wire off the ecu? you can easily tie it into any remote start alarm! the dei viper 550esp has a ground out safety wire, you attach this wire to the neutral safety wire off the ecu and the remote start will only operate if the vehicle is in neutral.

let us know!

netZ

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 02BlackWRX [/i]
[B]What kind of Security systems do you guys have in your cars?
I have a Crimestopper CS2011S, full alarm with keyless entry, remote start (on a 5MT), and dual zone shock sensor...its a great system, i like it a lot better then the clifford on my 325is. Only paid $200 for installed...Let me know if any of you guys are interested in buying one...i'll get you guys the same deal..BUT, you will take all liability for hitting the start button while in gear...its very easy to get used to leaving the car in neutral though.
-Zoeb [/B][/QUOTE]

Zoeb2s 11-27-2002 09:49 AM

I have no problems with the clifford AT ALL, i just think the crimestopper is a better system in general, maybe if i had a little higher model of the clifford i would have liked it better, i got the high model crimestopper and my clifford is just an arrow 3 with intellistart...just features like being able to turn my lights on etc...no big difference both are VERY GOOD systems, i just like the crimestopper a little better.
i'll have to talk to my installer about the neutral wire in the ECU...i didn't realize the WRX had one simply because all the wiring diagrams in the installation manuals are not out for the WRX yet...

As for tieing it in with a factory alarm, i suggest just going with the full crimestopper as the factory alarm does not have shock sensors...

Kenn 12-08-2002 03:11 AM

I'm more afraid of door dings than somebody stealing/breaking into the car, so I've been dreaming of a security system that takes 360 degree video if it gets triggered :/ Ah well.

subee-sound 12-08-2002 09:16 PM

viper 790vx in my legacy, and soon my supra. i love it, cant beat remote start in the winter on a 5sp, when everyone else is out starting their cars by hand. i used the neutral safety wire out of the ecu, works great. i had to modify mine a bit to work, but no problems a few relays cant solve. this thing gets awesome range as well, no matter where you are at. definetly gets my vote...

kevin
[url]www.subee-sound.com[/url]

optimalrage 12-09-2002 03:37 AM

My factory alarm has shock sensors. Maybe I have the upgraded system. If I kick my tires, or bump the car the alarm goes off. Imho the horn going off in the midle of the night gets more attention than the average car alarm.