i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Stereo & Security (https://www.i-club.com/forums/stereo-security-70/)
-   -   Hiding an AMP (https://www.i-club.com/forums/stereo-security-70/hiding-amp-158624/)

Maoziyboy 03-12-2007 12:21 AM

Hiding an AMP

Hey guys, I have a 2002 WRX wagon and I want to keep all the space I have in the back. Does anyone know where there is a place to put the AMP for a system in the car and it be completely hidden and safe from any random junk/sports equipment placed in the back? Thank you

2bluewagons 03-12-2007 01:02 PM

I posted a similar thread a while ago which I was going to point you towards, but I guess it's been longer than I thought and it's no longer on here.

My amp is under the driver's seat, and I think a lot of wagon and sedan owners have done the same. You can even mount the amp on a piece of aluminum that you can bend around the floor and mount under the seat rail bolts. There are holes in the carpeting down there that you can use to run the wires through, and the seat covers my amp completely. You would have to know what you're looking for to see it through the window. The only chance of it getting bumped is by passengers in the back seat pushing their feet to far forward, but it's not a big deal.

Sky92x 03-12-2007 02:29 PM

just be careful of loose change falling into the contacts.

karis119 03-12-2007 07:13 PM

under the driver's seat is perfect. I have my amp mounted there too, it is completely hidden and takes up virtually no space. Also if the amp starts getting too warm, just flip on the floor vent A/C.

BigD54 06-05-2007 06:11 PM

Did you guys remove the seats to place the amps on the floor? How did you secure the amps?

2bluewagons 06-07-2007 09:51 AM

It is a whole lot easier to work with the seat removed, and you'll probably save more time not contorting yourself to get under there than the time it takes to take it out. Just make sure you disconnect all the wires (and bolts obviously) before trying to pull it out. But it's not necesarry if you want to avoid it.

I've heard of folks bolting the amp to a piece of aluminum plate that you can bend around to match up with a couple of the bolts for the seat. But I was too lazy to do that, and just have it bolted to a plate that is large enough to wedge itself between the seat rails. It moves around a bit and once in a while some wires pull loose or become frayed, so it's not the best but works fine. If I were less busy (lazy), I'd fix it, but I'm not.

kspek 06-08-2007 05:02 PM

i had my 4 channel under my driver seat before but upgraded to a huge 5 channel so its now in the back.

soju1 06-22-2008 12:47 PM

i placed my amps under the carpet in the back space on the tray that sits above the spare tire

sabrebluewhale 07-01-2008 07:32 AM

you can make an amp rack for the trunk

6 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures for the one that I made. If anyone is interested, I might sell it. Let me know.