i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Stereo & Security (https://www.i-club.com/forums/stereo-security-70/)
-   -   deck cutting power too fast? sub thump (https://www.i-club.com/forums/stereo-security-70/deck-cutting-power-too-fast-sub-thump-246389/)

adriandjesus 11-17-2012 02:23 PM

deck cutting power too fast? sub thump

Hey everyone,

I just got my Alpine CDE-121 deck installed with 4 gauge wires with an Infinity Basslink powered sub. I noticed that when I turn off the deck or the car the sub makes one pop/thump sound. The installer said that it sounds like that the deck is cutting the power too fast causing the thump/pop sound that the sub makes. I talked to crutchfield customer support and they told me that it may be faulty RCA or ground wire..in fact, the guy said his best bet is the ground wire. I relocated the ground wire 2-3 times and the sound is still there. anyone ever experience this?

Thanks!

jdblock 11-17-2012 02:51 PM

Have you sanded away any paint where you are grounding it? You can't just use a bolt as paint and primer are usually in the threads where the bolt goes.

adriandjesus 11-17-2012 05:28 PM

[QUOTE="jdblock"]Have you sanded away any paint where you are grounding it? You can't just use a bolt as paint and primer are usually in the threads where the bolt goes.[/QUOTE]

I'll try this! The guy who installed the system bolted it on the trunk flooring, on the black stuff so that was instant fail..that's not even metal, it's hard material but not metal! Will try this in a little bit!

BeE_JiZZeLs 11-17-2012 05:31 PM

maybe turn the gain down a little... and turn ur subwoofer control up to compensatem that might help?

adriandjesus 11-17-2012 06:42 PM

[QUOTE="BeE_JiZZeLs"]maybe turn the gain down a little... and turn ur subwoofer control up to compensatem that might help?[/QUOTE]

Will try that advice! Thanks!

adriandjesus 11-18-2012 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=jdblock;3318694]Have you sanded away any paint where you are grounding it? You can't just use a bolt as paint and primer are usually in the threads where the bolt goes.[/QUOTE]

sanded two different location and still negative, thump is still there.

[QUOTE=BeE_JiZZeLs;3318746]maybe turn the gain down a little... and turn ur subwoofer control up to compensatem that might help?[/QUOTE]

weird thing happened, i turned the gain down from halfway to zero and there was no thump. I increased it to 1/4 turn and now there's a thump when i turn it on and just a weak thump when i turn it off.

=(( im scared that my sub might go out before I even resolve this!

04GG 11-19-2012 03:02 PM

When they installed it, did they use "signal sensing" turn on or remote turn on? I don't remember mine ever thumping like that, but it is a result of the delayed turn on/off. The ground has nothing to do with this.

adriandjesus 11-19-2012 07:57 PM

[QUOTE="04GG"]When they installed it, did they use "signal sensing" turn on or remote turn on? I don't remember mine ever thumping like that, but it is a result of the delayed turn on/off. The ground has nothing to do with this.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if that installed those, do you happen to know a way for me to check which one he used?

04GG 11-20-2012 08:33 AM

I had one and I don't remember having thump with mine, but that while ago, so I don't remember if it has one or the other or both, but I think the signal sensing might me more likely to cause thump, while a wired remote turn on would turn the sub on and off directly. Might ask the person who did it how it was setup.

Found this, so I guess you need to find out if it was speaker level or RCA connected, and yes it has a remote turn on input (says Basslink X, but I think it is the same setup for all of them):

[quote]BassLink X can accept up to four channels of input to provide non-fading bass either from line-level signals through four RCA jacks or from high-level signals through a pair of Molex connectors. Infinity supplies two 6-meter color-coded wiring harnesses for high-level signals, allowing BassLink X to be easily connected to OEM systems. If using the speaker-level inputs, an audio-sense circuit will turn on the amplifier whenever a signal is present. If the RCAs are used, a 12-volt remote turn-on lead is required. The system has barrier strip connections for power, ground and the remote turn-on.[/quote]

BeE_JiZZeLs 11-20-2012 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=adriandjesus;3319166]sanded two different location and still negative, thump is still there.

weird thing happened, i turned the gain down from halfway to zero and there was no thump. I increased it to 1/4 turn and now there's a thump when i turn it on and just a weak thump when i turn it off.

=(( im scared that my sub might go out before I even resolve this![/QUOTE]

Did they run RCAs or use high level in?

adriandjesus 11-21-2012 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=BeE_JiZZeLs;3319778]Did they run RCAs or use high level in?[/QUOTE]

He used RCAs :X

91vtec 03-09-2013 04:47 PM

i know mine did this when i pull the rem power from the amp.

check to see if your rem(usually blue wire) is connected correctly

adriandjesus 03-26-2013 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=91vtec;3367534]i know mine did this when i pull the rem power from the amp.

check to see if your rem(usually blue wire) is connected correctly[/QUOTE]

Will check in the morning, thank you sir!