Speed Element -- (510)-226-8822 Website -- Click here.

1st time shopping at Speed Element

Old 05-01-2013, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
1st time shopping at Speed Element

I was excited to find out about this shop, so close to my house and its right on my way to work and my way back home. I drive pass them every day 2 times.

So I finally decided to give his place a shot, I order the whiteline Center Roll kit and Rally Armor for my STi. This was back on 4/16/13.

Sad thing is they charged me labor before doing the work, I am use to a shop that you pay for parts 1st then labor at the end. Did not leave a good impression for me that they wanted everything up front before even doing the work yet.

Then I am starting to loose my trust with Speed Element when it came to order my Rally Armor. When I order it from Speed Element they stated it would be in the next week which was fine. But when the next week came up, I never herd back about my order so I decided to give them a call. They stated that is being shipped, then again I did not get it. So I called again another week later, they said it was shipped yesterday and we should be getting it next week. So I decided to call to get a tracking confirmation on the arrival date, then they said they don't have the tracking number the item has not been shipped yet..

I called back to cancel my order and they said I can not cancel the order stating its a special order item. It left me a feeling that they just wont be honest with me and left me feel trapped on a sale that I can't get out of. I was hoping this would be a local shop that I could buy all my car stuff from, but sadden by the way they run business,.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Wow. That sucks. I have bought a good amount of stuff from them, and had my 30k service done there, never had an issue. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:02 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
So let me get this right, you're now out of pocket something like $200 for parts AND labor for TWO WEEKS before they even ordered the part from their supplier? Unless I had signed a receipt that explained all of this delay at the time of payment, I would call my credit card company and have them reverse the charge.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Wow this sucks, I've never had an issue with them
Old 05-01-2013, 11:31 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Originally Posted by Gancherov
So let me get this right, you're now out of pocket something like $200 for parts AND labor for TWO WEEKS before they even ordered the part from their supplier? Unless I had signed a receipt that explained all of this delay at the time of payment, I would call my credit card company and have them reverse the charge.
This.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 PM

Car Info: LEGACY L7 BD,GF8 WAGON
wtf man?!?!?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
I was excited to find out about this shop, so close to my house and its right on my way to work and my way back home. I drive pass them every day 2 times.

So I finally decided to give his place a shot, I order the whiteline Center Roll kit and Rally Armor for my STi. This was back on 4/16/13.

Sad thing is they charged me labor before doing the work, I am use to a shop that you pay for parts 1st then labor at the end. Did not leave a good impression for me that they wanted everything up front before even doing the work yet.

Then I am starting to loose my trust with Speed Element when it came to order my Rally Armor. When I order it from Speed Element they stated it would be in the next week which was fine. But when the next week came up, I never herd back about my order so I decided to give them a call. They stated that is being shipped, then again I did not get it. So I called again another week later, they said it was shipped yesterday and we should be getting it next week. So I decided to call to get a tracking confirmation on the arrival date, then they said they don't have the tracking number the item has not been shipped yet..

I called back to cancel my order and they said I can not cancel the order stating its a special order item. It left me a feeling that they just wont be honest with me and left me feel trapped on a sale that I can't get out of. I was hoping this would be a local shop that I could buy all my car stuff from, but sadden by the way they run business,.

Sione,

When our sales rep wrote up an invoice for you when you come in to buy the brake pads and the RCA on 4/15, the parts and labor were written up under 1 invoice. Our sales rep had said you gave them your CC and just paid for it in full. We did install the parts the day after you came in on 4/16. We had also quoted you longer then the job took, so i gave you an 1 hour labor credit on your account when the job was complete.

As far as paying in full ahead of time, I'm sorry that our sales rep did not offer you to pay for only the parts or just leave a 50% deposit. But if you didn't feel comfortable about paying in full, you should of have let us know.

For the Rally Armor mud flap, ryan had told you they were back order and he said they will be about a week or so before they can ship out. This was what we got from rally armor. It is our fault that we didn't call you a week after you order the parts and follow up with you. And when we got a tracking # today 5/1, we've called you and left you a voice mail to let you know that they had just ship it out. When you call back, you had told our sales rep that you posted something about us and wanted a refund and we were ok to give you a refund for your rally armor since you were not happy that it didn't get here ontime.

So when i got back to the office around 5PM, i've talk to you and ask you to come on by the shop so i can give you a refund. Which i did give you a full refund on the rally armor and the 1 hour of labor.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the best service from us, but we are NOT trying to rip you off or give you the run around unlike what you had told me about your car at another shop for 11 months getting a new motor.

Thank you for your business and if there's anything else i can do to make this up, please let me know.

- Devin

PS: I do have a rally armor mud flap for a 2012 sti sedan coming in if anyone is interested.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
Originally Posted by norcalbmxer4u
Wow. That sucks. I have bought a good amount of stuff from them, and had my 30k service done there, never had an issue. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Gancherov

We did order the part for Sione when he order the mud flap on 4/16. Rally Armor said they are back order for around 1 weeks or so and we've told him that the parts will take at least 1 week before it can ship. But Rally Armor did not ship the parts til yesterday. Which is 2 weeks from the date sione ordered the parts from us. so the mud flap are on the way to our shop. There's no need to call the CC company to do a charge back when the customer can just tell they wanted a refund.

Originally Posted by Javirex23
Wow this sucks, I've never had an issue with them

Thank you. we try our best to work with every single customer.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:55 AM

Car Info: 09 WRX, 99 FOZ
Stand up shop hands down, I've been going to them for over 4 years through my various car fads (WRX, Forester, Sonata, now 370z). If there ever was a problem they were quick to find a solution, not much more you could ask for. Unwarranted post in my opinion .
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 AM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
Speed Element has refund me which is good. And as for the labor bill I was not told of an option to pay now or later, i was given a bill and I pay the bill. Anyways Speed Element stood up and fixed the issue, just sad that only after I made this post.

So the key thing here, be honest and let people know a product is back order, lets not guess when a product will come in when you don't know.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
Speed Element has refund me which is good. And as for the labor bill I was not told of an option to pay now or later, i was given a bill and I pay the bill. Anyways Speed Element stood up and fixed the issue, just sad that only after I made this post.

So the key thing here, be honest and let people know a product is back order, lets not guess when a product will come in when you don't know.
+1 on honest and open communication.

This is why Good or bad, experiences with a shop should get posted. Others can learn from what gets posted. Like to ask questions or to know that there is a possibility of labor being included in the upfront charge but they can ask to pay part.
Thank you Sione for posting this, Good move on Speed Elements part for taking care of the customer.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
^This again. I dont see why people get their panties in a twist when people simply state their experiences with a shop. People should know what takes place whether it be good or bad.

Speed Element obviously stepped up and said they were at fault for not staying on top of notifying the customer of the back order. Problem solved.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:25 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by Snoopy408
^This again. I dont see why people get their panties in a twist when people simply state their experiences with a shop. People should know what takes place whether it be good or bad.

Speed Element obviously stepped up and said they were at fault for not staying on top of notifying the customer of the back order. Problem solved.
Exactly, a few of us were talking about this type of thing last night at the meet. Give a positive experience with a shop and peeps chime in saying good stuff too. You post a negative review and now your under attack by some (typically fan boys) for the review you give. Good or bad it should be put out there for us all to read and interpret.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:31 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen Wagon
Damn Sione, that sucks, but I have never had any problems with SpeedElement always smooth transactions for me.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:59 PM

Car Info: Built 04 STi
They re-built my transmission In about two weeks. Very easy to deal with. I was satisfied enough to bring my car back for an engine rebuild (which was also quoted about 2 weeks) and is right on schedule. I'm not a little "fan boy" I'm just saying. When parts are on back order, no one is happy.