i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   SoCal Events (https://www.i-club.com/forums/socal-events-102/)
-   -   Are You A Survivor? Its ROAD RALLY TIME AGAIN: March 27 2004 (https://www.i-club.com/forums/socal-events-102/you-survivor-its-road-rally-time-again-march-27-2004-a-50067/)

Rapid_Roo 02-27-2004 09:38 AM

Are You A Survivor? Its ROAD RALLY TIME AGAIN: March 27 2004

Did you survive "Training Wheels"? Are you itching for even more intense road rally action? Are you studying maps looking for twisty canyon roads, long straights, and streets that lead to no where? Are you watching clocks timing your breath to the nearest hundreth of a second. Is every garden hose in the neighborhood suddenly a timing hose??

We'll if you are exhibiting these symptoms, then you have road rally fever and there is only one cure: take a double Strength "Monty" and call me after 8 hours. :)

[COLOR=red][SIZE=5]the[b] Into The Night Rallye Team [/b]proudly presents an[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6]8 Hour Monte Carlo Style Road Rally:
"Angel's Crown"[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered][SIZE=5]March 27, 2004[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=3]ALL LEGAL VEHICLES WELCOME. NO SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
REQUIRED. This event is an easy, map-based, backroad-oriented, timed event for first-time entrants and experts alike.

This is not a race. It is intended to be a test of your map-reading and instruction-following capabilities. However, you are expected to run "on time". Think if it as a giant board game, with the roads and landscape of California for a board and you and your car for a game piece.

Opportunities for spirited driving will abound. Paved roads only. 2 people per car (driver and navigator) are suggested. Event runs rain or shine. There are 3 classes: Novice, Regular, and Expert. We suggest you bring a clipboard, pen, paper, 3 different colored highlight markers, and a light inside the car, other than the dome light, to read the maps at night.

The entry fee for this event is $55 per car. Please preregister if possible. VISA and Mastercard accepted. Send your name, address, phone, and with credit card info and signature, or check/money order payable to ITN, to the address below. If you can't preregister, please call or email us so we will know you are coming. All entries must bring registration, proof of insurance, and your driver's license to the Start. [/size]

[b]SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - SAT. March 27, 2004

Registration/Instruction Location:
Flying J Truck Stop (in the back section of restaurant)
42810 Frazier Mountain Road
Lebec, CA 93243
rally mobile# 310-350-1360

Registration Opens: 10:00 AM
Novice Orientation: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM

1st car out of START: 2:01 PM
1st car to FINISH: 10:00 PM[/b]

ITN, P.O. Box 642261, L.A., CA 90064. 310 556 8305
© 2002, Into The Night Rallye Team.

[URL=http://carzero.freeservers.com.]More Info click here[/URL]

[i]If you are planning on attending please send an email to [b] [email]Carzero@aol.com[/email] [/b][/i]
RR:D

[COLOR=skyblue]yeah I know the Feb 28th event hasn't run yet, I am just getting a head start and giving people a chance to plan ahead. Plus this will give all you folks that went a new place to post your reviews, stories and annecdotes: to get the excitment started for the next one!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]And for all of you out there looking for a team mate; post here. Post whether you want to navigate or drive and where you will be coming from. [/COLOR]

rally on:banana:

[i][edit: added more info][/i]

Rapid_Roo 02-27-2004 08:21 PM

posted up to date info.

nic3krnnamja83 02-29-2004 11:36 PM

hey i couldnt make the last event but this one i am definite, i will naivgate for anyone, rally wagon if she will do it again i will join for sure.

Rapid_Roo 03-01-2004 12:13 AM

from the other board...

Tim summed up "Angels Crown" as a drivers rally. He said he wanted to get everyone out on to the "driver's roads" as soon as possible, less would be done at pre-rally and more "figuring" while out on less travelled roads. It was going to be all about the driving this time!

It sounded great! I am looking forward to it as well. Should be some spectacular driving on some epic roads. Since Tim is Rallymaster, I am hoping he gets more of his cohorts from the PCA (porsche club of america) to come out, should be interesting. Also, he has a new rally battlestation, Donna's workstation in the passenger seat looked like Helmsmen station from an attack cruiser ship. I think it was a MB CL55AMG!! looked gorgeous, and sounded awesome.

There were some pretty nice looking cars at start. A very showy CF-wearing WRX, some sporting some very expensive brakes, an awesome sounding F-XT. An Sti and EVO as well plus a couple of GCs that sounded very very healthy. :)

I myself can't comment on training wheels, I was working. But I think the Subaru Community did very well. I spent the early part of the day finding wayward Mitsu-souls at various points of the rally and trying to send them down the proper road. One really great couple in an Eclipse showed up to Standoff about 1.5 hrs early. Lucky for the I was already there double checking location and planning on how I wanted to park the cars. We talked some over lunch and gave them the pep talk and I was proud to see them at the end and happy to have made the effort.

I hope everyone enjoyed the roads. I know a couple of you were tripped out by Black Cyn :lol: . I thought it was fun muself. I had a great drive from SO#5 to CP9. Joe told me it was at 50min drive there, but I only had 25min to get there... I made in 30 :lol: Lets just say I worked my new PZeros pretty hard and found out the limits of the STi 4pots that night (and yes you can hang your navigator by the seat belt :devil: ).

[b]Congratulations to[/b]

Flat420 , First in Beginners
Chri3, Second in Novice
BlkWRXWag, First in Novice
RallyWagon, Third in Novice (who ran [b]S:eek:L:eek:[/b])
[COLOR=green]if this is wrong, please correct me, I was tired :)[/COLOR]

At any rate, I hope to see everyone again. It was great to see so many Subies at Start, sorry I wasn't there at the beginning but I had to be a funeral two counties away in the morning. Hopefully at the next one we can get a great big group shot at the start of the next one, the Flying J has a big parking lot.

cya-soon

you can look here for the rest of the posts ( [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=511181[/url] )

nic3krnnamja83 03-04-2004 07:44 PM

hey i am looking for driver i will navigate can u help rapid roo? i am coming from san diego, can u tell me where this ends? the address?

nic3krnnamja83 03-04-2004 07:47 PM

oh another thing, if i drive up there to the start and take another drivers car, how will i get back to my car at the end of the rally?

Rapid_Roo 03-04-2004 07:55 PM

I will x-post in all available forums for you. :)

The start and finish for this event are the same place.!! Should make it easier to find a partner, you don't have to worry about where to leave the other car.

nic3krnnamja83 03-05-2004 01:06 AM

nice

Rapid_Roo 03-16-2004 12:19 AM

bump for those that haven't noticed. Come out for some great driving and some awesome roads.

cya@start

Rapid_Roo 03-17-2004 10:49 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sitspin (nasioc: baic)[/i]
[B]Its a really good rallye. Sue and I prechecked it this past weekend. It takes you through some really beautiful country with blooming hillsides on some great quintessential rallye roads. Tim has put together an event that focuses on the driver. But the navigators will be so distracted by the scenary that they may forget about the course.

In addition to be fun for the experienced rallyist, it will be a fun event (and not too hard) for first timers.

-- Alan. [/B][/QUOTE]

sigma pi 03-19-2004 12:04 AM

soo it says 8 hours but the time to finish is 5

Rapid_Roo 03-19-2004 07:33 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sigma pi [/i]
[B]soo it says 8 hours but the time to finish is 5 [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry my bad. It ends at 10:00. I soo lame, I can't even copy paste properly. SOOOOO by you reading this, does this mean we'll be seeing you at start. I think I have an extra navigator looking for a driver if you need.

Hope to see you there Sigma Pi :)

Rapid_Roo 03-23-2004 10:42 AM

Saturday Saturday Saturday Saturday !!!!

Come on out and see the debut of my madmad road rally machine

[img]https://www.pbase.com/image/27152455.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.pbase.com/image/27152457.jpg[/img]
[img]https://www.pbase.com/image/27152456.jpg[/img]

nic3krnnamja83 03-23-2004 07:22 PM

nice rapid see you there, whose your nav?

Rapid_Roo 03-23-2004 08:02 PM

I'm Lucky, I got a permanent Nav, that can't really say no. I married mine :)

Cya there!!

RR + WORR :D