i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   SoCal Events (https://www.i-club.com/forums/socal-events-102/)
-   -   Village Coffee (https://www.i-club.com/forums/socal-events-102/village-coffee-47985/)

MichaelB 02-09-2004 08:08 PM

Village Coffee

I got curious about Village Coffee after reading about them on the "every Sunday" thread. Yep, they are for real. They are located on Mulholland/Valley Circle and the 101 FWY.

I met Dusty and talked to him for a bit. He is really working hard to create a location for gearheads to meet. Not just subies (on Sundays along with MINIs) but Bikes on Wed night, American Muscle Cars on Thursday, more foreign cars on Sunday (German and Japanese (aircooled too)) and he is hoping to entice the local Ferrari club to make his coffee shop a weekly stop.

Dusty isn't just sitting around hoping this all comes about. He is in touch with some clubs, actively promotes his shop and is working closely with law enforcement (a you play nice they play nice type of arrangement)

Dusty has neighbors and makes a point of getting along with them. In otherwords don't do anything to send your flag high up on the flagpole and get noticed by the residents or police. (no burnouts, revving, loud stereos, racing on the street in front of the shop, etc.)

The numbers he told me about went something like this: 15-20 Subies, same for the MINIs, 60-150+bikes etc. And there is a wide variety from stock to serious roadracer. Everyone gets along, is cool and laid back and curious about everyone else's machinery. Every one is welcome as long as you follow the simple rules. Don't run your flag up the pole! Dusty told me that when that happens one of two things happen. One the crowd wants you to leave or two the cops make it expensive for you to stay.

Why would all the other driver's give the one doofus a hard time? As D tells it all these different guys no longer are welcome to hang out where they used to (because of pulling dumb stunts) and find it refreshing to not only be welcome here but invited.... they police themselves.

There is more to this coffee shop that I could write but I do want to add one last thing... access. Village Coffee is located RIGHT off the 101 and is maybe a mile from a large network of canyons in the Santa Monica Mountains, or you could drive further up the coast from there to say Ventura. They also happen to have a very large parking lot and nights or mornings is prrreeettttttty empty.

'nough said. Check 'em out.

Mike

villagecoffee 02-10-2004 01:58 PM

thanks for the shout out.....lets get this going!!!

villagecoffee 02-11-2004 07:19 AM

10 FERRARIS HAVE RSVP'D FOR THIS SUNDAY! ALSO, THE EVO/LANCER GROUP SHOULD SHOW. M3/MINIS/AND THE BIKES! NOW IT IS TIME FOR PORSCHE, LAMBO, AND LOTUS.....SAY ARE THERE ANY SUBIS OUT THERE! IF THERE ARE, THIS SUNDAY I AM INVITING YOU TO WHAT IS BECOMING THE BEST EVENT IN THE VALLEY. SUNDAY 10 AM VILLAGE COFFEE ROASTER

villagecoffee 02-12-2004 05:30 PM

this sunday

got some f-cars coming....and evos this sunday @ 10.....

wrx4funn 02-13-2004 10:13 AM

I'LL BE THERE

villagecoffee 02-14-2004 08:51 AM

f 40 is coming. and alot of other too

villagecoffee 02-16-2004 08:39 AM

the word is out........for those of you not turning up.....you will.

sigma pi 02-16-2004 10:51 AM

hey thats a good idea having the meet that early. im sure you sell alot of coffie. if i ever go to sleep early and im up i know where im going on sunday

villagecoffee 02-16-2004 10:55 AM

good old sigma pi.....whats new......yeah..it is getting real good. come spring and summer.....it will start real early just to get parking spots. It will last all day long......different peps coming and going......fun fun fun
d

sigma pi 02-16-2004 11:49 PM

i think im going to have to forgoe a party and hit this up this month

villagecoffee 02-17-2004 09:44 AM

if you dont forgo the party, wake up and i will buy you a strong cup of coffee!

sigma pi 02-17-2004 10:26 AM

well shoot you said free so now im on my way ill try and get some ladies to show up but i dout they will wake up

villagecoffee 02-17-2004 11:14 AM

i love women!

MichaelB 02-18-2004 08:06 AM

who doesn't.

villagecoffee 02-18-2004 11:48 AM

so bring them down....